Trust membership. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trust membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2004
If "Unelected" people are messing around in trust business, it doesn't make me feel as a member very thought of and it's all very un democratic. Also as a foot solider there must be a process where the general membership shouldn't let this happen and support the "elected" board.

C

Cult Of Personality

Seems like people want to bring down the Trust whilst we have this stupid GASBoard idea

The Trust is the best thing for the the fans it runs alongside the club not with the club

The Trust needs to be kept going and supported by the fans to question anything the club is doing that is deemed wrong

C

Cult Of Personality

Also we need the Trust as they are the voice of the fans when we need to challenge James Brent on anything we deem as wrong for Argyle

I am not a James Brent basher i thank him for saving the club but will go on record to say that i dont trust him like i never trusted the last lot and the lot before

Jan 7, 2004
To add if these people causing trouble have been elected by me and others. I'd very much like
to know if these people can be "removed" or challenged?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":lec22ow2 said:
Womble,

Let me explain a couple of things if I may.

1) Me being a Mod has nothing to do with this thread, nor 99% of the threads that I enter into, so why would you say that? (This comes on the same day, someone has made a complaint of Pasoti being Sacriligious regarding Chris Webb's 'Home Park is our Church, PAFC is our religion. When I've bounced that complaint, the person has then accused me of banning freedom of speech!!!!! <sigh>).

2) IF you're accusing me of posting on this thread as Windsor Boy or Deep Throat, you have my word, that is not the case. I've done everything up front and 'un cowardly' (to use your own accusation at me a few posts ago).

3) The thread was started by me, as I saw a pal, a mate a REAL person, under threat, from people I do not hold in that same regard. It now seems as if those people have backed off, have had a word with the ELECTED Chairman and have stepped back.

I hope this explains some of what has gone on and please, drop the accusations of 'superfan' and acting differently because I'm a Mod.

Please believe me, I am days away from not being a Mod, I've had enough of seeing what goes on the background, I've had enough of the ridiculous logic of some of the PM's I recieve and the stick I get for being a normal fan but with a big gob.

In one evening I've had a person with an agenda against James Brent (in this username and a previous one), accuse me of 'loving' JB and Chris Webb, that's why I've bounced a complaint of 'Racism' against Church goers (I kid you not), despite every Mod bouncing the complaint upstairs. Then you accuse me of being cowardly as IJN (Ian Newell) and you are called 'Womble'.

I think you (and the religous complainant) have done, what the freaks and weirdos have been trying to do for years. :greensmile:

A few points:

1) I dont quite know what relvance the religous nutjob has to do with me.

2) I have not accused you of being either of those, I just think it is pretty obvious they are not first time visitors and have an obvious axe to grind. If someone like Grovehill came out and said some of the stuff these 2 have he would be (and quite rightly too) either warned or banned.

3) "The people had a word with the lected chairman and stepped back". So job done, sorted. The elected chairman seems to have put them in their place. If he still feels his place is in doubt then the whole affiar should be made public and we should let the membership decide the next course of action. This must be the best course, as Woz has a great deal of support. No need for all this nastiness.

I dont come here to get involved, but I felt the need to stand up for the only proper democratically elected fan representation we have. If there is a problem it should be swept out into the open for the membership to judge.

The cowardly mark was unfortunate, and I apologise and withdraw it. However I still found the opening post to be an unpleasent smear against a good organisation.

Besides how do you know Womble isnt my real name? I may have wierd parents.

A

Anonymous

:greensmile: Fair points and well made. Althought I fervently disagree with your second point.

As I say, I'm all for the Trust so I hope you are right.

I believe Woz will be along later to make a statement.

T

Tim Chown

I've spoken to Woz today, as has John. It was a very good chat. He will post here as soon as he can, but that probably won't be until after he's home from work.

Dec 6, 2011
Cult Of Personality":2plipbgb said:
I am not a James Brent basher i thank him for saving the club but will go on record to say that i dont trust him like i never trusted the last lot and the lot before

You'll go on record......from behind the protection of a pseudonym - that's funny.

Agree with the rest of your post.

C

Cult Of Personality

Mr President":293mzhss said:
Cult Of Personality":293mzhss said:

You'll go on record......from behind the protection of a pseudonym - that's funny.

Nicholas Crick is my name

When IJN said we should use our full names i did Chris until most people went back to pseudonym themselves

Like i said before i thank James Brent for what he has done but i will not trust people who in charge of the football club i love after the last lot and there broken promises

Maybe in the future James Brent can win me over but i will remain sceptical of his motives and everyone else motives

That Fair Chris ?

Dec 6, 2011
Cult Of Personality":2qgx28gv said:
Mr President":2qgx28gv said:
Cult Of Personality":2qgx28gv said:

When IJN said we should use our full names i did Chris until most people went back to pseudonym themselves

Like i said before i thank James Brent for what he has done but i will not trust people who in charge of the football club i love after the last lot and there broken promises

Maybe in the future James Brent can win me over but i will remain sceptical of his motives and everyone else motives

That Fair Chris ?

Your post is very fair but having spent a lot of time with James Brent I do not agree with its content. In your position I would no doubt think the same.

As I said 'Cult of Personality' going on record struck me funny that is all.....

C

Cult Of Personality

Mr President":18bp4n7m said:
Cult Of Personality":18bp4n7m said:
Mr President":18bp4n7m said:
Cult Of Personality":18bp4n7m said:

That Fair Chris ?

Your post is very fair but having spent a lot of time with James Brent I do not agree with its content. In your position I would no doubt think the same.

As I said 'Cult of Personality' going on record struck me funny that is all.....

Ahhh my pseudonym is just a fave song of mine by a band called Living Colour also its the entrance theme to CM Punk a wrestler

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Oh thats right "Mr. President" lecturing someone about a pseudonym :roll: :lol: when will you be revealing your identity? My guess is Mr President is a reference to Argyle's president Chris Webb but still no confirmation :lol:

A

Anonymous

pafcineurope":3p8r13g0 said:
What I don't understand is why 1 person saying "I'm not renewing" causes all this discussion. 94 posts!! He is only 1 member and if he doesn't like it then let him leave. I'm sure any normal(sic) person not renewing would just leave.
He probably wouldn't be elected even if he stood, the Trust is there to put our(fans) views to the owners, and since he is so close to them then he has a conflict of interest.
Probably better off without him anyway, and his cronies Deep Throat etc.

Merv Plummer

You sound like a right plum Merv.

I have never stood for the Trust, I was asked quite a few times in the early days. Leigh Jameson asked me, Graham Clark asked me and I think Peter Ryan did, but I refused as I don't 'do' democracy. :lol:

I totally agree with the 'conflict of interest' by the way, I have!! Therefore, that's another reason why.

The reason why I posted as I did, was to help a pal in trouble, I thought that was quite clear to most, but obviously not all.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
It is clear by these posts that Woz is a popular guy and is doing the job he was elected for (by the members and subsequently the board). I look forward to his statement.

A

Anonymous

He rang me earlier, he's in a lot better place than he has been over the last few weeks, so something has 'given'. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.