Trust membership. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trust membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Cowardly was obvously wrong, although sly just about fits. Name the people in the trust you have a problem with, and it can be solved openly. Surely more constructive than a cyber flounce?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I am sure someone said we should not spread muck about people standing up looking to help the club. If there is a problem there is a better way if solving it than malicius gossip that appears in parts of this thread.

L

Lee Jameson

Womble":dzi69vkf said:
Cowardly was obvously wrong, although sly just about fits. Name the people in the trust you have a problem with, and it can be solved openly. Surely more constructive than a cyber flounce?

Your origional comments were below the belt. There are no Superfans at Argyle so why have a sly dig?

There is no smoke without fire, sorry these rumours have legs as far as I am concerned and as I mentioned before two names mentioned in an earlier post were responsible for the resignation of two former chairs.

I await Tim and Wozzer's responce.

A

Anonymous

Womble":cda9yp8m said:

Womble, the people I have a problem with, are the ones that are apparently undermining Warren Bowden the elected Chairman of our Trust.

The reason why I started thus thread, is quite obvious isn't it?

The posters that have come in behind what I have said and have been thinking for a few weeks now have confirmed my own fears.

I also want a strong Trust, but I want it led by people with integrity and honour, and I'm not seeing that with some of these people.

I've also heard the Treasurer has either left or is about to leave.

Let me ask YOU a question, are you happy with what you're hearing?

Be honest!

T

Tim Chown

I would have posted sooner, but have been on the road home for 3+ hours.

A couple of points to make before bed.

Firstly, we voted Woz in as chair unanimously, and I can assure you none of the current board want to replace him, nor is there any coup. As the posts above highlight, Woz is someone who just gets on naturally with people, and has all the other qualities the Trust leader should have. In my view he's the best man for the job.

Secondly, we have an open invite at the moment for any board members to gather in the FPC post-match, so we can catch up on stuff, debrief on the kiosks and memberships, etc. Not a formal meeting, just a social gathering. So Ed, Rich, John and I were there, as was Woz for a while. Gareth was otherwise occupied as he explained above. Celia was there briefly too; she's a regular on the kiosks.

We have an awful lot on the go at the moment. I'll be giving Woz a call in the morning.

You all sound a bit close to the action for my liking, sometimes it's better to be out of the loop! Gossip, rumours, life has always been like that hasn't it? Take a deep breath, an old friend used to say when things got a bit hot, " just go and plant some flowers" meaning calm down and go and do something useful instead.

It's normal for back-biting in any Trust, Council, team, group, get a thick skin and don't over-react may be good advice for some.

For us Trust members not ' in the loop ' or those who belong who are NOT on Pasoti, yes they exist you know, life goes on, we await news of The Trust going forward with James Brent's offer etc + other exciting news or events. Personally I have been impressed , from a distance of course, with the fledgling Trust, in a short time it has made great strides.

There will be mistakes, there will be back-biting, moaning, rumours but that is NORMAL in any Council or Political Group I have been involved in. at least here in the UK they don't shoot you if you disagree with the Chairman, as is the case in Thailand..... :lol: My work there certainly gave me a thick skin AND a realisation you cannot please ALL of the people ALL of the time.

My advice, calm down, it will blow over, no-one is hurt, don't over-react and keep smiling.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Tim Chown":2i94vsqj said:
I would have posted sooner, but have been on the road home for 3+ hours.

A couple of points to make before bed.

Firstly, we voted Woz in as chair unanimously, and I can assure you none of the current board want to replace him, nor is there any coup.

Tim, am I reading too much into the word "current"? Did unelected people attend the meeting in the Far Post Club, apart from Celia?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
IJN you have asked me if I like what I am hearing. No I do not. I do not like a band of internet warriors trying to bring down an elected Trust. Nobody has posted any solid facts about what is supposed to be going on. I am very disappointed, as I do feel that this behaviour is something as a mod you wouldn’t tolerate from other posters if they held a different view to you. A feel of double standards pervades the thread.

In terms of the posters involved in this attempted subversion of a democratically elected Trust:

Depp Throat: The worse troll I have ever seen on this website. All innuendo, no actual facts. A one trick poster with an obvious agenda.

Windsor Boy: So much bile, so few previous posts. Another one with one sole agenda.

I wonder about the previous/current other identities of Deep Throat and Windsor Boy. No way are they new to the board. I hope no multi-accounts are in use.

This is a democratically elected body. Any problem should be exposed in full and then the electorate should decide. A day later and not one solid accusation has been made. List the problems in full, and let people explain/defend themselves. Anyone who supports the idea of fan representation must work towards a strong trust, and the only way to do this properly is to hold its leaders publicly to account.

I have read a post from Lee Jameson (I think, apologies if I am mistaken) accusing one of the named names of causing the resignation of two previous chairs. Please clarify this or withdraw it, we can do without unfounded innuendo.

I say all of the above merely as someone who believes in the trust and wants it to succeed.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Womble":1a2vpq8z said:
IJN you have asked me if I like what I am hearing. No I do not. I do not like a band of internet warriors trying to bring down an elected Trust. Nobody has posted any solid facts about what is supposed to be going on. I am very disappointed, as I do feel that this behaviour is something as a mod you wouldn’t tolerate from other posters if they held a different view to you. A feel of double standards pervades the thread.

In terms of the posters involved in this attempted subversion of a democratically elected Trust:

Depp Throat: The worse troll I have ever seen on this website. All innuendo, no actual facts. A one trick poster with an obvious agenda.

Windsor Boy: So much bile, so few previous posts. Another one with one sole agenda.

I wonder about the previous/current other identities of Deep Throat and Windsor Boy. No way are they new to the board. I hope no multi-accounts are in use.
This is a democratically elected body. Any problem should be exposed in full and then the electorate should decide. A day later and not one solid accusation has been made. List the problems in full, and let people explain/defend themselves. Anyone who supports the idea of fan representation must work towards a strong trust, and the only way to do this properly is to hold its leaders publicly to account.

I have read a post from Lee Jameson (I think, apologies if I am mistaken) accusing one of the named names of causing the resignation of two previous chairs. Please clarify this or withdraw it, we can do without unfounded innuendo.

I say all of the above merely as someone who believes in the trust and wants it to succeed.

Let's be honest, if these two's identities were unveiled, I doubt it would come as a surprise to anyone! :lol:

Windsor Boy, I apologise to you for the inference that drink was affecting posts, not just aimed at you but many seem ultra-hyper on here last evening. I wanted some to calm down, take a deep breath, life in Committees, Councils and the like, from my experience, have always had back-biters, rumours of cliques, coups and bad feelings. It's normal and you have to rise above it.

Like me you are affected by a medical condition that now means no more alcohol, so I understand and as I said above apologise for that inference.

However, I stick to my earlier original post that this thread has a lot of hot air that needs to dissipate quickly. It seems some in the 'loop' need to step back and give this a bit of time to sort itself out, which it will.

Calm heads hopefully will prevail. As I said, seeing this from distance and not being in the Fan Fest, Pasoti inner circle groups or in the loop gives one a chance to view this with a detached mind. :lol:

The Trust will survive these little squabbles and emerge stronger than ever hopefully. Now what is happening to the other saga.....The G.A.S board......? :sigh:

L

Lee Jameson

As I have said 2 of the 4 people mentioned were responsible for the resignation of two trust chairs!

Believe me this is true I worked very close to both of them but there position became intolerable.

It is not lies it is not to conjecture if Jim and Graham want to make further comments on this they can.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Thai green":1mmayr32 said:
Windsor Boy, I apologise to you for the inference that drink was affecting posts, not just aimed at you but many seem ultra-hyper on here last evening. I wanted some to calm down, take a deep breath, life in Committees, Councils and the like, from my experience, have always had back-biters, rumours of cliques, coups and bad feelings. It's normal and you have to rise above it.

Like me you are affected by a medical condition that now means no more alcohol, so I understand and as I said above apologise for that inference.

However, I stick to my earlier original post that this thread has a lot of hot air that needs to dissipate quickly. It seems some in the 'loop' need to step back and give this a bit of time to sort itself out, which it will.

Calm heads hopefully will prevail. As I said, seeing this from distance and not being in the Fan Fest, Pasoti inner circle groups or in the loop gives one a chance to view this with a detached mind. :lol:

The Trust will survive these little squabbles and emerge stronger than ever hopefully. Now what is happening to the other saga.....The G.A.S board......? :sigh:

Morning Phil

The Gas Board is going from strength to strength:)

Next meeting 21st April with recommendations and final planning meeting on the 5th May with a view to kicking off atthe start (or soon after) of the new season. Shame you are away, someone as thoughttful as yourself would be an asset.

Catch you at your first FF hopefully

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.