Trust membership. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trust membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
i say to my best mate ................. give it all up mate , enjoy your pre and post match pint with your mates with no hassle or back stabbing .............you deserve better and your much bigger then all in the in house fighting brigade

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Deep Throat":2zrfldri said:
I have balls mate. The names I had heard were involved were Tim Chown, Richard Blight, John Demellweek and Celia Ellacott.

You misunderstand. But as you're being so forthright, the question I was asking was - whose conversation was it that you were 'overhearing'?

A

Anonymous

For those who don't know, Marc's best mate is Wozzer.

I echo those sentiments Woz, if you can't trust them, walk away.

G

Gareth Nicholson

"... it is a tale / Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury / Signifying nothing"

I had a quick look at this thread when on the train, and it was one person saying they weren't renewing. Not quite sure why that merited a thread of its own but 's a free country and there we go.

Now, after an unscheduled diversion through darkest Wiltshire, I arrive home to what can only be filed under 'a wild lot of poo'.

I'm not responding to this as 'the Trust' because that would be preposterous. Conjecture and 'I heard this' means nothing more than flim-flam and tittle-t(w)attle and unless someone wants to jump out behind a nom de plume (or from the looks of it, nom de guerre) and put some meat on the bones, it should stay dumped in Rumours and treated for the nonsense I believe it to be.

For those who think the Board should be on call 24/7 to respond to every bit of nonsense that gets reported on here: get a grip. We have lives, jobs, loved ones.

As Board members, we don't all agree on every topic. We debate, we have robust and frank conversations, and then we decide that, because Woz can put the gazebo up faster than us, he's right :whistle: I have yet to witness any of these debates descend into anything that would remotely pass for even the mildest day on Pasoti.

All this cack serves to do is to undermine a group of over a thousand people whose only intention is to make sure (by doing, rather than through blind faith) that the club, the city and the community are one and the same thing and that the egregious failings of the last few regimes aren't repeated. Feedback is welcomed, polite disagreement is welcomed (TC!), suggestions are welcomed.

What I don't welcome and don't intend to respond to with any more oxygen is schoolboy gossip.

If your agenda is to undermine the Trust, you are seriously mistaken if you think that having a pop at six people out of over a thousand is going to derail the momentum built up over a year and more. If you think that we're going to get distracted from making sure any scrutiny arrangements between fans and club have real teeth and that we'll be diverted from taking a rational but eager look at the opportunity to have some measure of community ownership of our club, you can think again.

But if you've got something to say, just say it. Don't fanny about because none of us have got time for stuff like that. Be blunt as you like but be polite and ideally say it to our faces.

Right, I'm off to bed now.

L

Lee Jameson

IJN":14d8144w said:
For those who don't know, Marc's best mate is Wozzer.

I echo those sentiments Woz, if you can't trust them, walk away.

I agree, those briefing against Wozzer should go now!

When my-self and others set this up I never thought this type of thing would happen again. What is interesting 2 of the 4 people mentioned by Deep Throat were responsible for the resignations of both Jim Benton-Evans and Graham Clarke!

If these rumours are true I want my tenner back and I will let the dogs loose on those people involved.

L

Lee Jameson

Gareth Nicholson":38jpi55t said:
"... it is a tale / Told by an idiot, full of sounds and fury / Signifying nothing"

I had a quick look at this thread when on the train, and it was one person saying they weren't renewing. Not quite sure why that merited a thread of its own but 's a free country and there we go.

Now, after an unscheduled diversion through darkest Wiltshire, I arrive home to what can only be filed under 'a wild lot of poo'.

I'm not responding to this as 'the Trust' because that would be preposterous. Conjecture and 'I heard this' means nothing more than flim-flam and tittle-t(w)attle and unless someone wants to jump out behind a nom de plume (or from the looks of it, nom de guerre) and put some meat on the bones, it should stay dumped in Rumours and treated for the nonsense I believe it to be.

For those who think the Board should be on call 24/7 to respond to every bit of nonsense that gets reported on here: get a grip. We have lives, jobs, loved ones.

As Board members, we don't all agree on every topic. We debate, we have robust and frank conversations, and then we decide that, because Woz can put the gazebo up faster than us, he's right :whistle: I have yet to witness any of these debates descend into anything that would remotely pass for even the mildest day on Pasoti.

All this cack serves to do is to undermine a group of over a thousand people whose only intention is to make sure (by doing, rather than through blind faith) that the club, the city and the community are one and the same thing and that the egregious failings of the last few regimes aren't repeated. Feedback is welcomed, polite disagreement is welcomed (TC!), suggestions are welcomed.

What I don't welcome and don't intend to respond to with any more oxygen is schoolboy gossip.

If your agenda is to undermine the Trust, you are seriously mistaken if you think that having a pop at six people out of over a thousand is going to derail the momentum built up over a year and more. If you think that we're going to get distracted from making sure any scrutiny arrangements between fans and club have real teeth and that we'll be diverted from taking a rational but eager look at the opportunity to have some measure of community ownership of our club, you can think again.

But if you've got something to say, just say it. Don't fanny about because none of us have got time for stuff like that. Be blunt as you like but be polite and ideally say it to our faces.

Was a meeting held in the Far Post club without Wozzer being there?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
What a load of absolute nastiness this is.

I don't know who's in the right and who's in the wrong and nor am I claiming to- but the fact we're even discussing all this stinks.

Veiled innuendo, attempts to bring down leadership being accused, secret meetings with non-elected members and probably the most sinister sounding of the lot, some enemy of the Trust paying someone big money to bring it down ffs!

As I said, I don't know who's in the right and who isn't but the fact that this thread is even here absolutely stinks. As something of a neutral observer when it comes to all these varied supporters groups, and someone who as I stress has no idea who's in the right/wrong, I think that people should just think how this comes across. If I was Mr Brent reading all this I'd be banging my head against a brick wall that I made the decision to give representation to the fans when it all went through this carry on.

Lots of different parties, groups. Rumours of infighting and money being paid (ffs!!) to ruin things and a PAFC fanbase that in many ways is more fractured than ever before, due to their allience to all these different group and different opinions about what groups
should/should not exist and be of relevance. It's PAFC ffs, not the bloody mafia!

I'm aware this sounds hypocritcal for me to moan when I'm doing nothing myself but I'm not moaning at any one induvidual or party at all. I'm just letting the people at the centre of this know (whoever the heck they are, cause as I've said a number of times I haven't got a scooby) that this stinks. It absolutely stinks to high Heaven and reading this after such a great win today really hammers home how mad and petty it's become.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
GreenSam":2v1pben2 said:
What a load of absolute nastiness this is.

I don't know who's in the right and who's in the wrong and nor am I claiming to- but the fact we're even discussing all this stinks.

Veiled innuendo, attempts to bring down leadership being accused, secret meetings with non-elected members and probably the most sinister sounding of the lot, some enemy of the Trust paying someone big money to bring it down ffs!

As I said, I don't know who's in the right and who isn't but the fact that this thread is even here absolutely stinks. As something of a neutral observer when it comes to all these varied supporters groups, and someone who as I stress has no idea who's in the right/wrong, I think that people should just think how this comes across. If I was Mr Brent reading all this I'd be banging my head against a brick wall that I made the decision to give representation to the fans when it all went through this carry on.

Lots of different parties, groups. Rumours of infighting and money being paid (ffs!!) to ruin things and a PAFC fanbase that in many ways is more fractured than ever before, due to their allience to all these different group and different opinions about what groups
should/should not exist and be of relevance. It's PAFC ffs, not the bloody mafia!

I'm aware this sounds hypocritcal for me to moan when I'm doing nothing myself but I'm not moaning at any one induvidual or party at all. I'm just letting the people at the centre of this know (whoever the heck they are, cause as I've said a number of times I haven't got a scooby) that this stinks. It absolutely stinks to high Heaven and reading this after such a great win today really hammers home how mad and petty it's become.
Very true, I agree with the lot of this, I know there is nothing solid yet but can it stop (if there was anything in the first place) because a STRONG trust is VITAL, and can play a big part in a football club, find some way to sort it out.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Lee Jameson":3ag6djhl said:

I have no idea. I was in the FPC before the match (thanks to Gary GT for sorting us out there!) but I took my godsons to their first game of football today so haven't seen or talked to anyone from the Trust today. I had a great day. One is 4 and the other is 6, so the dialectic was somewhat more cutting-edge and mature than usually seen on Pasoti. Although when the youngest said 'Uncle G, you're very old, aren't you?', I did think about just leaving him outside.

However, there are 'meetings' and there are 'meetings', aren't there? Unless there's an agenda, the Secretary or nominated other present to take minutes, the Board doesn't 'meet' formally. We had a conference call last week and have exchanged emails since. I have no reason to doubt that things are anything other than as cordial as they always are.

I suspect what's being talked about might be nothing more than 'some people being in a bar at the same time'. It's hardly frickin' Watergate, is it? And is it beyond the bounds of possibility that something 'overheard' might be quite easy to take out of context. Unless we've all got a Wire on us and christ on a bike this isn't an HBO series.

To make accusations at people or hold some sort of quasi-kangaroo court is just poor form. I'm not saying you're doing that, Lee, but others are and it's out of order (and potentially defamatory, but hey that's your lookout).

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Gareth Nicholson":3rq755jd said:
Lee Jameson":3rq755jd said:

I have no idea. I was in the FPC before the match (thanks to Gary GT for sorting us out there!) but I took my godsons to their first game of football today so haven't seen or talked to anyone from the Trust today. I had a great day. One is 4 and the other is 6, so the dialectic was somewhat more cutting-edge and mature than usually seen on Pasoti. Although when the youngest said 'Uncle G, you're very old, aren't you?', I did think about just leaving him outside.

However, there are 'meetings' and there are 'meetings', aren't there? Unless there's an agenda, the Secretary or nominated other present to take minutes, the Board doesn't 'meet' formally. We had a conference call last week and have exchanged emails since. I have no reason to doubt that things are anything other than as cordial as they always are.

I suspect what's being talked about might be nothing more than 'some people being in a bar at the same time'. It's hardly frickin' Watergate, is it? And is it beyond the bounds of possibility that something 'overheard' might be quite easy to take out of context. Unless we've all got a Wire on us and christ on a bike this isn't an HBO series.

To make accusations at people or hold some sort of quasi-kangaroo court is just poor form. I'm not saying you're doing that, Lee, but others are and it's out of order (and potentially defamatory, but hey that's your lookout).

That all sounds quite reasonable Gareth, but it won't suit the agenda being pushed by a number of individuals.

Some people appear desperately determined for the Trust to fail.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
A disgusting and cowardly opening post. Why start a thread on why your not renewing? Just go away quitely. We need a strong elected trust, not unelected superfans trying to undermine it.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Lee Jameson":36dmnkvq said:
Gareth Nicholson":36dmnkvq said:
"... it is a tale / Told by an idiot, full of sounds and fury / Signifying nothing"

There was a meeting that woz attendended mate ...... you might need to call woz to find out the details thou lee

to much poo , surely all should be working together ..................................time to reasses things me thinks

A

Anonymous

I do hope I'm not being included in that sweeping statement, I've been a staunch supporter from the start.

However, I haven't liked what I've been hearing recently and these rumours tonight seem to confirm what I had heard.

Perhaps it's just because I'm too close to Wozzer.

I joined the Trust because of what JBE said, I became an active member because of what Messrs Webb, Jameson, Petrie, Clark and Ryan had to say.

Now I'm less inclined, so I assume that's OK isn't it.

'Hidden agenda' not me, quite open, not to keen on the people who are around the Trust at the moment, hence my non renewal.

Talking to people in the FansFet today, I certainly won't be the only one.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Gosh, I have been mentioned twice on a thread and havent even posted on it.

I have never been the biggest fan of the Trust and I guess this current thread reinforces my position. To quote someone I once regularly crossed swords with, its so Village:) However, I have always tried to be constructive in my opposition and as a consequence have an amiable relationship with the current Trust Board. OK thats with the exception of a certain vet who gives every impression of not being part of anything.

The one person I always had time for and enjoyed their company before the Trust was formed and I still consider a mate, is Woz. He is universally popular and as I have told him a few times, the one person that may convince me to join the Trust. I may be wrong (not for the first time I hear you cry!) but today he cut a lonely figure. It was difficult not to hear what was going around, Woz was kept out of the loop and was in danger of being being effectively replaced by a coup. He ofcourse was to much of a gent to confirm this and I can admire his loyalty.

Yet, it is clear others heard similar discussions doing the rounds, not very discreet. Or very sensible.

I am forced to ask this, if the officer class goes how will the lance corporals left cope? As I look around their number, not one lives in Plymouth (instant disadvantage), not one is really known or respected beyond their own families and not one apparently has the balls to step up and give leadership.

I note Gareths comments about the Trust not being on call on Pasoti all the time. Quite right, but its eerily quiet when normally some would be buzzing on here aftyer a victory. Chris and I have had our disagreements, even recently, yet he would always be the first on here promoting and explaining his position. Shame the current Board can't have the same ethos.

Once again I have to ask James Brent, do you really think giving 20% of the club away to an unknown quantity is a really good idea?

Just a shame the Gas Board isnt up and running.

A

Anonymous

Womble":2amcqt32 said:
A disgusting and cowardly opening post. Why start a thread on why your not renewing? Just go away quitely. We need a strong elected trust, not unelected superfans trying to undermine it.

Ridiculous thing to say.

'Cowardly' how exactly?

Superfan? Get a life man! Membership number 748, a simple member like everyone else.

Quite simply, not happy with the way the Chairman is being treated.

Cowardly? If I was, I would have said nothing.

I await your apology, unless of course you're in a glasshouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.