Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
It's a shame that he he has departed, but I trust DA to find a good replacement for him.
He was a very steady right back, but perhaps not as dynamic as we all thought he would be once he had a good spell in that position - the injuries didn't help of course.

When I think of good Argyle right backs, I think of Gordon Nisbet, Mark Patterson, Garry Poole and Kenny Brown. That's the standard we should be aiming for in finding a replacement.

Oct 31, 2015
Sorry to hear this the man could read a game. I think he fell out of love a little when DA had a go about his injury.

Good luck for the future Oscar and thanks for everything

Surprised no one has mentioned shelley Connolly now he was a good right back

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
rsp4":2y1lr3ch said:
Sorry to hear this the man could read a game. I think he fell out of love a little when DA had a go about his injury.

Good luck for the future Oscar and thanks for everything

Surprised no one has mentioned shelley Connolly now he was a good right back

I think it’ll be a similar departure to Baz. Everyone dreading him leaving but once gone and a replacement found things move on pretty swiftly.

Mar 23, 2008
jerryatricjanner":27szk112 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":27szk112 said:
When you look at some of our previous right backs (Gordon Nisbet anyone) I think he was distinctly average.
Well you are comparing him with by far our best ever right back. We have had others better too. If he hasn't pushed on then he should be replaceable.
In my time at HP I would say the Gary Poole, Gary Patterson, David Worrell and Paul Connolly were all better right backs. Hopefully the next one will be too!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I've got a colossal waist and I'd like to thank him for his input and wish him all the best. Enjoyed watching him :thumbs:

Maybe he is a Europhile and realises that 2019 is no time for a young man to be living in Theresa Meh's Little Britain?

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Deacster":1eawetrz said:
jerryatricjanner":1eawetrz said:
Abbotts Ann Green":1eawetrz said:
When you look at some of our previous right backs (Gordon Nisbet anyone) I think he was distinctly average.
Well you are comparing him with by far our best ever right back. We have had others better too. If he hasn't pushed on then he should be replaceable.
In my time at HP I would say the Gary Poole, Gary Patterson, David Worrell and Paul Connolly were all better right backs. Hopefully the next one will be too!

Mark Patterson - super player - it was tragic when he broke his leg.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Good Luck to him. Quality professional and did a fantastic job for us. Easily one of the best timers of a headed ball I've seen for a while.
No brainer to move to a top league and the exposure to top level football that will bring. I don't understand the comments comparing Belgian top flight to upper league 1 level? Seriously!!

Oct 20, 2015
I think it's a real shame and I think Oscar's talents were the sort that passes under the radar. He certainly gave everything this season, he was completely spent at the end, nothing left in the tank.

My worry is that now we have an unknown quantity, a TBC, rather than a known, dependable player. DA's record isn't perfect when it comes to signings, I have been let down too many times by the likes of Cifci, Nardiello, Church, Paton etc.

I really really hope we get some decent transfers this summer.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
It's a shame to see him leave as he was a real grafter in the team and threw himself in front of the ball every time. However I thank him for his efforts and wish him the best for his new experience abroad.

I feel we can replace him and that Emanuel player on loan at Rotherham would be the type of right back to fill the gap and some.

Adams has always replaced players with better players so with his increased budget I'm looking forward to seeing what we are able to get.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
We don’t know what offer he had but you know, if I was a young man, I’d be up for a bit of European adventure, and in a top flight (Ok not a major league, but still top flight). Takes a bit of gumption to move abroad and far too many English players don’t. Thanks for the shift and good luck.

Jul 6, 2009
Adams and Threlkeld had a massive falling out over his injury in the autumn and unfortunately their relationship never recovered so he was always going to leave at the end of the season. Threlkeld played professionally for the rest of his contract and will go on to better things I am sure. However Adams will bring in a decent replacement- he has had one lined up for a while.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
skynet":2p4lf0ty said:
Adams and Threlkeld had a massive falling out over his injury in the autumn and unfortunately their relationship never recovered so he was always going to leave at the end of the season. Threlkeld played professionally for the rest of his contract and will go on to better things I am sure. However Adams will bring in a decent replacement- he has had one lined up for a while.

The lad from Bristol Rovers (Daniel Leadbitter) was mentioned on rumours