Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed)

Can't blame him in the slightest for taking the opportunity. Top flight football vs. third tier football is a no-brainer to me. Best of luck to him and hope it works out well. Belgium's a great country, despite the fact they put mayonnaise on their chips!

M

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I suspect that, even if he had stayed, DA would have been looking for another RB and Oscar would have been a utility squad member.
Respect for his whole hearted performances for us and good luck with his new team.

Mar 23, 2008
Good luck Ozzie, been a key player in our progression over the last couple of years but feel he is replaceable and we will move forwards hopefully stronger without him. A decent right back and solid but felt he didn't have that attacking verve this year, perhaps due to injuries.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Deacster":2a8ecde5 said:
Good luck Ozzie, been a key player in our progression over the last couple of years but feel he is replaceable and we will move forwards hopefully stronger without him. A decent right back and solid but felt he didn't have that attacking verve this year, perhaps due to injuries.

That is how I read the situation too. He was a good servant in his two seasons here. I do hope he has not bitten off more than he can chew in playing Premiership Belgian League football, for I remember he was released by Bolton
F C and we know what happened to them. I wish him luck.

Aug 15, 2015
Shame about Ozzy but has not been the same since his injury. I also got the sense he was elsewhere in a sense. Never saw him smiling or really looking like he wanted to be here somehow. Looked disengaged to me.

Can't knock him for wanting to play abroad if he's moved for that reason as he has said.

Not a great loss IMO. Hasn't kicked on this season.

Don't get me wrong, would rather he stayed because he has proved he is a decent RB in league one and is versatile, although it's been a while since he played midfield for us.

I just think he hasn't improved as much as I expected this year, maybe because of injuries. But positionally he seems to get exposed a lot, only his pace would get him out of trouble. Certainly, in the championship he would have been exposed.

I hope he kicks on further and we see him back in English football in the future, but I have a feeling this is a bad move for him.

P

Peter

Good luck Oscar... Excited to see who our new full backs will be next season, an essential role in the formation we played this year and an area we could definitely improve in.

Feb 2, 2007
Shame, very good player, gave his all and we had a good record with him fit and at right back. The rules have allowed him to get a lucrative move and its a short career so I can understand him doing that, although it is ridiculous the rules allow this.

We’ve lost an able player and if the rumours are true that Champ clubs were interested it does confirm what a loss he is. Those suggesting he was not great last season need to understand the importance of fitness to a professional athlete.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In a perverse way the club has outgrown the better players.
Players like Threlkeld were very good for us to get out of League Two, the expectation for the club has now increased with the aim of reaching the top end of League One.
Only Carey has grown with the club and to a lesser extent maybe Bradley.

We either need current players to improve to match the improvement of the club or Adams, with his reported bigger budget, will sign better players for next season to match the expectations of the club.

That's the harsh reality of a club on the up.

Kenny Pester

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2006
Cattedown, Plymouth.
PL2 3DQ":15ngsio4 said:
In a perverse way the club has outgrown the better players.
Players like Threlkeld were very good for us to get out of League Two, the expectation for the club has now increased with the aim of reaching the top end of League One.
Only Carey has grown with the club and to a lesser extent maybe Bradley.

We either need current players to improve to match the improvement of the club or Adams, with his reported bigger budget, will sign better players for next season to match the expectations of the club.

That's the harsh reality of a club on the up.
Agree with this sentiment exactly. With the position we finished in, we're now expecting a play off finish or automatic promotion next season. Whilst players like Oscar were great for us in League Two there were at times where Oscar was found lacking in League One. I've no doubt that Adams will bring in a suitable replacement for the RB position. I also hope that Bradley re-signs with us but again, I think it's a case of paying him what we think he is worth, not a case of paying him what he think's he's worth. Again he's done well this season but up against a pacey striker he's not the best.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Presto":2d7df5wj said:
Tugboat":2d7df5wj said:
Slightly peeved off with him to be fair.

If he went to a championship club he would get my thabks and blessing but to Belgium? Really?

And no fee either. Another kick in the balls from an important player.

What is your problem. He gave 100% for us but he is no different to the current generation of footballers. They have opportunities in a global market and have every right to take up what they perceived to be in their best interests.

All modern day footballers are bag carriers and do what they and their agents think is best. He worked for us, got paid by us and now has a new challenge. Thanks for what you did and good luck in your future career.

My ‘problem’ is that we’ve lost a decent player. Second to that we’ve lost him to a league that isn’t comparable to that of higher L1/championship standard. Thirdly we miss out on any financial reward for his development whilst at our club which would have been applicable if he had stayed in England.

Before you get your knickers in a twist remember that this is my own opinion of which I am entitled to have.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Disappointing news. Ozzie seemed solid defensively and not afraid to get further up the pitch. Good luck in Belgium.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Tugboat":1f1fm1sd said:
Presto":1f1fm1sd said:
Tugboat":1f1fm1sd said:
Slightly peeved off with him to be fair.

If he went to a championship club he would get my thabks and blessing but to Belgium? Really?

And no fee either. Another kick in the balls from an important player.

What is your problem. He gave 100% for us but he is no different to the current generation of footballers. They have opportunities in a global market and have every right to take up what they perceived to be in their best interests.

All modern day footballers are bag carriers and do what they and their agents think is best. He worked for us, got paid by us and now has a new challenge. Thanks for what you did and good luck in your future career.

My ‘problem’ is that we’ve lost a decent player. Second to that we’ve lost him to a league that isn’t comparable to that of higher L1/championship standard. Thirdly we miss out on any financial reward for his development whilst at our club which would have been applicable if he had stayed in England.

Before you get your knickers in a twist remember that this is my own opinion of which I am entitled to have.

You can’t blame him for making this move. Argyle obviously miss out on a fee, but that isn’t Oscars problem. By going abroad, his new club get him for free which in turn puts him in a great bargaining position as regards salary.

No brainer for the lad really.