Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed)

Jan 27, 2012
skynet":qemanib1 said:
Adams and Threlkeld had a massive falling out over his injury in the autumn and unfortunately their relationship never recovered so he was always going to leave at the end of the season. Threlkeld played professionally for the rest of his contract and will go on to better things I am sure. However Adams will bring in a decent replacement- he has had one lined up for a while.

Not heard that story before- and further details ?

The best right back in my time watching PAFC would have to be Gary Poole. He really was a class act.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
gaspargomez":30cjbvez said:
skynet":30cjbvez said:
Adams and Threlkeld had a massive falling out over his injury in the autumn and unfortunately their relationship never recovered so he was always going to leave at the end of the season. Threlkeld played professionally for the rest of his contract and will go on to better things I am sure. However Adams will bring in a decent replacement- he has had one lined up for a while.

The best right back in my time watching PAFC would have to be Gary Poole. He really was a class act.

Not anyone else's business.

He's gone, let it go.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Blimey, some people on here acting like we've lost a Carey or a Taylor.

Oscar is a good League 1 player - no more. He's definitely replaceable.

I guess that having such a weak backup as competition (Miller) is going to make fans think he's better than he actually is.

Oct 14, 2015
Kelvin Mellor ??? IMO underrated and scapegoat for everything that went Wrong but went on to Blackpool and made League 2 team of the year I believe.......

Jan 27, 2012
Andy_S":1hjy8z12 said:
gaspargomez":1hjy8z12 said:
skynet":1hjy8z12 said:
Adams and Threlkeld had a massive falling out over his injury in the autumn and unfortunately their relationship never recovered so he was always going to leave at the end of the season. Threlkeld played professionally for the rest of his gtcontract and will go on to better things I am sure. However Adams will bring in a decent replacement- he has had one lined up for a while.

Not anyone else's business.

He's gone, let it go.

Thanks for the advice, but I’ll decide what my business is.

Unless Skynet’s story can be backed up with some evidence, then I cant give it very much weight. I strongly suspect Threlked moved on to get better wages, or a chunky signing on fee. If he had seriously fallen out with Adams then he would not have been first choice right back for the second half of the season, especially as Miller was available to play there.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
skynet":jytbg3pm said:

This was not a simple "Yes, we get on fine" comment by Threlkeld in his Herald interview about his perceived early/premature return against Fleetwood at Home Park.
Posted by 'Keepitgreen' on 4th December.
Just a reminder of Oscar's words on the Fleetwood return:
Threlkeld told Herald Sport: “We both agreed for me to play. It wasn’t like I got forced back in.
“It was an agreement between both parties, thinking that we could get through the game.”
However, Threlkeld was involved in several challenges during the first half against Fleetwood and he could not continue after the interval.
Threlkeld said: “I felt good going into the game but as soon as I got initial contact on it, it started to get sore.
“It got worse after each tackle but I saw it through until half-time.
“I think it opened up again, but I’m not too sure. The physio (Paul Atkinson) knows all that stuff.”

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
davie nine":3s8h8rnn said:
skynet":3s8h8rnn said:

This was not a simple "Yes, we get on fine" comment by Threlkeld in his Herald interview about his perceived early/premature return against Fleetwood at Home Park.
Posted by 'Keepitgreen' on 4th December.
Just a reminder of Oscar's words on the Fleetwood return:
Threlkeld told Herald Sport: “We both agreed for me to play. It wasn’t like I got forced back in.
“It was an agreement between both parties, thinking that we could get through the game.”
However, Threlkeld was involved in several challenges during the first half against Fleetwood and he could not continue after the interval.
Threlkeld said: “I felt good going into the game but as soon as I got initial contact on it, it started to get sore.
“It got worse after each tackle but I saw it through until half-time.
“I think it opened up again, but I’m not too sure. The physio (Paul Atkinson) knows all that stuff.”
Ian, please do not start confusing us by trying to compare a good internet fact to the truth - lol.

May 4, 2018
Pettgreen":3grpeumi said:
Shame to see him go. Thought he was a real solid player a bit like Sawyer. 7 every week.

I agree. I haven’t checked all the stats on GOS but those games he missed through injury Argyle often didn’t win. I always enjoyed the enthusiasm he showed on the pitch.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Karen":3r3gmx8h said:
Pettgreen":3r3gmx8h said:
Shame to see him go. Thought he was a real solid player a bit like Sawyer. 7 every week.

I agree. I haven’t checked all the stats on GOS but those games he missed through injury Argyle often didn’t win. I always enjoyed the enthusiasm he showed on the pitch.

Sawyer certainly wasn't a '7 every week' player. He was getting roasted by opposing wingers far too often and he was clearly being targeted as a weak link. He wont be getting any quicker next year either. Possibly worth a new contract for his experience and captaining qualities, but it wouldn't surprise me if Adams brings someone in with the ability to genuinely rival Sawyer for his left back slot.

Jul 6, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":12qj7eg4 said:
Karen":12qj7eg4 said:
Pettgreen":12qj7eg4 said:

Sawyer certainly wasn't a '7 every week' player. He was getting roasted by opposing wingers far too often and he was clearly being targeted as a weak link. He wont be getting any quicker next year either. Possibly worth a new contract for his experience and captaining qualities, but it wouldn't surprise me if Adams brings someone in with the ability to genuinely rival Sawyer for his left back slot.

I sometimes wonder if Ryan Law is being prepared for that position, he certainly has the ability.

Nov 22, 2006
The Grumpy Loyal":2vj1cl1b said:
Karen":2vj1cl1b said:
Pettgreen":2vj1cl1b said:

I would fully expect us to sign a right back and a left back over the summer, Sawyer if he signs a new deal (which I expect he will) should be used as backup for the LB/CB positions not as a guaranteed starter, as you said his lack of pace was clearly being targeted come the end of the season

Jul 24, 2016
The deal won’t have happened over night so DA would have been aware so not surprised at skynets suggestion that a replacement lined up long ago

My favourite right back has to be Nizzie - hard as nails, clever and skilful one of our all time bargains at £30k