Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Threlkeld to Belgium? (joins Waasland-Beveren - confirmed)

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Raes Lad":296uampf said:
The deal won’t have happened over night so DA would have been aware so not surprised at skynets suggestion that a replacement lined up long ago

Exactly, under the Bosman ruling foreign clubs could have offered him and signed a deal in January. I would say this has been sorted a while as not like they just happened to stumble upon confirmation he was soon to be out of contract.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
memory man":1k9o9kl2 said:
davie nine":1k9o9kl2 said:
skynet":1k9o9kl2 said:
Adams and Threlkeld had a massive falling out over his injury in the autumn and unfortunately their relationship never recovered so he was always going to leave at the end of the season. Threlkeld played professionally for the rest of his contract and will go on to better things I am sure. However Adams will bring in a decent replacement- he has had one lined up for a while.

This was not a simple "Yes, we get on fine" comment by Threlkeld in his Herald interview about his perceived early/premature return against Fleetwood at Home Park.
Posted by 'Keepitgreen' on 4th December.
Just a reminder of Oscar's words on the Fleetwood return:
Threlkeld told Herald Sport: “We both agreed for me to play. It wasn’t like I got forced back in.
“It was an agreement between both parties, thinking that we could get through the game.”
However, Threlkeld was involved in several challenges during the first half against Fleetwood and he could not continue after the interval.
Threlkeld said: “I felt good going into the game but as soon as I got initial contact on it, it started to get sore.
“It got worse after each tackle but I saw it through until half-time.
“I think it opened up again, but I’m not too sure. The physio (Paul Atkinson) knows all that stuff.”
Ian, please do not start confusing us by trying to compare a good internet fact to the truth - lol.
Ah!! but Skynet is ‘in the know’, Steve. He hasn’t given us a decent ‘incoming’ rumour for quite a while, though. Perhaps he’s lost his contact.

Aug 5, 2016
Dan Ellard":2ufnr6lg said:
Blimey, some people on here acting like we've lost a Carey or a Taylor.

Oscar is a good League 1 player - no more. He's definitely replaceable.

I guess that having such a weak backup as competition (Miller) is going to make fans think he's better than he actually is.

Good teams are built on the graft of hard working players. Oscar was one of our best and we won't replace him easily. Keeps making me laugh at seeing fans expecting us to steal Rotherham's on loan RB, a club above us in the league with an ongoing chance of Championship football next season.

Threlkeld has in my opinion been better than his opposition RB more often than not.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":2tu2hfln said:
Dan Ellard":2tu2hfln said:

I guess that having such a weak backup as competition (Miller) is going to make fans think he's better than he actually is.

Good teams are built on the graft of hard working players. Oscar was one of our best and we won't replace him easily. Keeps making me laugh at seeing fans expecting us to steal Rotherham's on loan RB, a club above us in the league with an ongoing chance of Championship football next season.

Threlkeld has in my opinion been better than his opposition RB more often than not.

Like people have said, he’s a decent RB but replaceable.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
One of Argyle's best ever full backs - Colin Sullivan, from Saltash.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":3pcc6o4o said:
Dan Ellard":3pcc6o4o said:

I agree he won't be "easily" replaceable - but at the same time he is far from irreplaceable either.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
gaspargomez":3t46xofj said:
skynet":3t46xofj said:
Adams and Threlkeld had a massive falling out over his injury in the autumn and unfortunately their relationship never recovered so he was always going to leave at the end of the season. Threlkeld played professionally for the rest of his contract and will go on to better things I am sure. However Adams will bring in a decent replacement- he has had one lined up for a while.

Not heard that story before- and further details ?

The best right back in my time watching PAFC would have to be Gary Poole. He really was a class act.

Yep, Gary Poole was quality. Made a big impression in only 1 season with us. 7 goals from RB was a good return too.

Nov 12, 2003
Threlkeld was a very good player for Argyle and I think he has a future at Championship level. His departure is a blow.

My favourite RB is also Gary Poole. His career was cut short by injury but I think he would have played in the top flight. A class above.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I always loved Paul Connolly growing up watching Argyle, my favourite RB. Still playing for Bangor in the Welsh prem

Mar 14, 2009
lm really not sure about what to think. Is it a big loss?

It seems Adams was ready to commit Oscar to another year (at least) as our right back. Like people have stated lm not sure he progressed as much as we were all hoping.

If Adams thought he was adequate then fair enough. He was someone who without shining in that position was steady enough.

It’s interesing though reading the comments that there seems a mutual respect between DA and himself. That any falling out or argument didn’t result in any bad blood. It also appears that as the Belgium club only got in touch with his agent a month or so ago, that his future was undecided up to the end of the season.