The Grandstand is kicking off | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Grandstand is kicking off

IJN":2u37pf7d said:
Remember people when the usual suspects ‘attack’ this, it’s not really the buildings they're attacking is it?

:yawn:

We’ll get this every step of the way.

No-one is "attacking" anything. When I saw the thread I was hopeful that something substantial was about to happen. But it is just the relocation from one temporary building to what sounds like another.

Aug 5, 2015
I think we would need someone with really, really deep pockets to get a new grandstand. Of course the club could always get a mortgage!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Yeah debt has always done us well in the past!

Nothing wrong with modular buildings, there are plenty around the country and I bet you wouldn't know they were by looking at it.

Plenty of holiday cabins are modular (granted only in 2 bits but the principal is the same).

If it costs less and looks just as good who cares how it's made.

Certainly isn't going to look like the portakabin we have now

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Chancellor":1puftcyv said:
IJN":1puftcyv said:
Remember people when the usual suspects ‘attack’ this, it’s not really the buildings they're attacking is it?

No-one is "attacking" anything. When I saw the thread I was hopeful that something substantial was about to happen. But it is just the relocation from one temporary building to what sounds like another.

And when I saw your post post, I thought ‘oh what a surprise’.

It’s all about perception I suppose.

We’re all different.

May 8, 2011
Chancellor":1naxbsvz said:
IJN":1naxbsvz said:

The work is being done in phases as detailed from the start of the planning process with several phases required before work on the grandstand can begin.
The shop and ticket office is one of the first phases.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
After a bit of research on both the company and modular buildings in general, I’m sure it will look very good.

And again... such a good idea to use the facade as an entrance.

Jul 29, 2010
Willis88":3ujm3l97 said:
Yeah debt has always done us well in the past!

Nothing wrong with modular buildings, there are plenty around the country and I bet you wouldn't know they were by looking at it.

Plenty of holiday cabins are modular (granted only in 2 bits but the principal is the same).

If it costs less and looks just as good who cares how it's made.

Certainly isn't going to look like the portakabin we have now
Funny innit. When a modular offsite building gets put up on Grand Designs it's lauded as an innovative and modern way of building. When it gets suggested at Argyle it's lambasted as a cheap and backwards way of building.

Hmmm :think:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As I say Smiffy, it’s zero to do with the modular design of the buildings.

Never again!

<Sigh>

Oct 24, 2010
Modular buildings are not a cheap option. Maybe the uninitiated are confusing modular buildings with temporary buildings.

May 8, 2011
PennyX":em9f1q5m said:
No access for away supporters, or on matchdays to fans with tickets to Lyndhurst?

If you mean the shop and ticket office, then yes there will be.