The Checkatrade is here again | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Checkatrade is here again

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":14g781dl said:
Dan Ellard":14g781dl said:
HC Green":14g781dl said:
According to the BBC, the fixtures are

9th October Home to Swindon
30th October Home to Chelsea U21
13th November Away to Newport County.
Ah dammit, I was planning to wash my hair on each of those evenings.

You could always go and watch the Reserves play as they have SWPL matches home to St Austell on the 9th and home to Tavistock on the 30th. Ideal for all those who want to boycott the Checkatrade but still want to support the Club, particularly the youngsters.
That's a very good idea to be fair - I will take you up on that.

A

andyr1963

nick_PASTIE":1wvxp2h1 said:
Swerving the Checkatrade by Half Man Half Biscuit is a top track.

Oh let me gaze upon your curves
Instead of watching Ipswich reserves,
swerving the Checkatrade with you.

They don't write them like that anymore........................... :think: ............er YES they do :thumbs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xqT80uxIw

Tranmere's finest troubadours :greensmile:

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Dan Ellard":17q0xu5w said:
HC Green":17q0xu5w said:
According to the BBC, the fixtures are

9th October Home to Swindon
30th October Home to Chelsea U21
13th November Away to Newport County.
Ah dammit, I was planning to wash my hair on each of those evenings.

I don’t have any hair to wash so I’m going to be baldy buffing instead.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I know this competition has its doubters, but I for one am looking forward to it... I’m definitely going to the Newport away game on the Nov 13th!!

Jul 29, 2010
Doubters?, that implies wrestling with indecision.

Those of us who are boycotting this farce, this precursor to B Team league entry, have NO doubts.

Do what you wish, just do so knowing that there is a greater cause you are burying your head to in doing so.

Sep 19, 2015
I remember the first season when the Premier League U23 sides were included. Nearly every other Football league club had massively reduced attendances as the fans voted with there feet. Not those cider swilling idiots down in Plymouth though... we continued to attract 4,000 odd people through the gate. I couldn't care if we won the competition at Wembley and drew bloody Barcelona in a super cup game, I WOULD STILL REFUSE TO ATTEND OUT OF PRINCIPLE

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
X Isle":1z06ppt2 said:
Those of us who are boycotting this farce, this precursor to B Team league entry, have NO doubts
I disagree. I think if there were no doubts from the boycotters they'd have accepted the boycott hasn't worked and come up with a new plan of protest. They haven't. They've decided to do exactly what they've already tried and what has already failed, they're not even trying to ramp up the boycott in any way. The boycott is sitting back and letting it happen. If people were that adamant they didn't want it, I'd have thought they'd actually try and do something about it.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
PlymouthCasual":3gbfze9i said:
I remember the first season when the Premier League U23 sides were included. Nearly every other Football league club had massively reduced attendances as the fans voted with there feet. Not those cider swilling idiots down in Plymouth though... we continued to attract 4,000 odd people through the gate. I couldn't care if we won the competition at Wembley and drew bloody Barcelona in a super cup game, I WOULD STILL REFUSE TO ATTEND OUT OF PRINCIPLE

Well mr righteous I’m going, I don’t really give a to$$ what you think. I spent 30 years working abroad - missing out on seeing my team play. I’m playing catch up now. By the way, I’m swilling lager and bloody Mary’s today.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
X Isle":19h92m5x said:
Doubters?, that implies wrestling with indecision.

Those of us who are boycotting this farce, this precursor to B Team league entry, have NO doubts.

Do what you wish, just do so knowing that there is a greater cause you are burying your head to in doing so.

I’m not burying my head in the sand. I know that prem B teams will never be allowed into the EFL.

This is a revenue stream for Argyle where all league teams have to play a decent side so we should take it seriously- Derek Adams has said he will so I will back him with my support at the games I can make.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
JannerinCardiff":1iw0g9qq said:
I know that prem B teams will never be allowed into the EFL.

Really?

I think it's a long shot, but this is what the Prem is after, and we have certain Chairmen that would sell their soul for some extra money.

Talking of the checkacrap.
Being 64 now Im due to get my 3rd nhs bowel cancer home test kit delivered soon.
Really looking forward to scraping the barrel again so to speak....not.
So its literally checkacrap x2 for me.

"Swerving the checkacrap with you la la la and im (hopefully) swerving
the C word at the same time too la la la". Hmmmm.

No doubt from this no doubter. Sky, premiershite, match of the day and now
this premiershite funded checkacrap all binned and banned in FGB land.
Its all about respect for me with this crapetition.
PAFC and its supporters must be shown equal respect by the MUFC/LFCs etc of this
ever expanding premiershite world. PAFC V CFC/MUFC etc respect alround. No probs.
PAFC V CFC/MUFC U23S no respect given to me or my pro club by money grabbing
elitist pro clubs. "Were not worthy" "were not worthy" anymore.
Well i effing think we are.
PAFC u23s/res v CFC u23s/res again no probs. So there is the obvious solution.
National reserve/u23 leagues/cups which encompass p/poo and EFL teams together.
Stretching right down to the tamar again. Let local clubs develop the local talent
through all this and game ready players can then be bought, when battle hardened
through EFL gametime by the PL.
Hefty transfer fees would benefit our clubs and game again, and not so much going
overseas, like it is at the moment.
As for those who attend said checkacrap. Its your choice and this a fab free country
we live in and you can do as you wish.
You even still have my hard earned respect for being so bleddy minded on it. :greensmile:
Just have to agree to disagree as ever.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":2vf70usf said:
JannerinCardiff":2vf70usf said:
I know that prem B teams will never be allowed into the EFL.

Really?

I think it's a long shot, but this is what the Prem is after, and we have certain Chairmen that would sell their soul for some extra money.

Just my view.. there are way too many people agai st it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's a wedge, a foot in the door and a dangerous one at that.

Fans showing what they think, will show Harvey and his kind we will not be messed with.

So for everyone that attends waters down that approach.

May 8, 2011
IJN":2puebpo7 said:
It's a wedge, a foot in the door and a dangerous one at that.

Fans showing what they think, will show Harvey and his kind we will not be messed with.

So for everyone that attends waters down that approach.

So the thousands of Bristol City fans that will be boycotting the EFL cup match next week are showing Harvey that will not be messed with?

Fans aren’t boycotting the EFL trophy out of principle or for the greater good it is because it’s the early stage of a cup competition, just like happens in the FA Cup and the EFL cup.