The Checkatrade is here again | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Checkatrade is here again

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’m the opposite... I want us to get to the final and have a proper chance of winning a trophy and making loads of money for the club to help us progress to the next level.. we might not be in this next year!

May 8, 2011
Derek Adams is taking the competition seriously, I spoke to him this evening at the St Austell game and he said he had been to watch the Swindon v Chelsea U21 game on Tuesday and that the Chelsea youngsters were very very good.

Feb 28, 2016
X Isle":3p9uoe0r said:
Doubters?, that implies wrestling with indecision.

Those of us who are boycotting this farce, this precursor to B Team league entry, have NO doubts.

Do what you wish, just do so knowing that there is a greater cause you are burying your head to in doing so.

I agree, Our supporters are on the whole completely against this farce, our chairman, rightly voted against it.

It is therefore completely at odds, a two finger salute that first team management would come out in favour.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... hy-1802167

Anyone who,cares about the clubs long term future, surely, has to withdraw their support for a manager going against their own employer and fan base. Surly given the strength of feeling on this issue, this is the final straw? Supporting Adams is by extension, supporting this competition, which by extension is supporting us playing Huddersfield Reserves in the league, before the decade is out!

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Thought Adams has since said public ally that he will be taking the Checkatrade seriously this season?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think Adams just realised that there’s decent money to be had in this competition, so he’ll be taking it seriously..

C

CADMAN

Fat_green_belly":17jmn3vg said:
Hubble":17jmn3vg said:
Well when I hear our manager, players and chairman telling me not to attend these games then II won't bother. But until then I intend to support the 11 players wearing the green shirts. As for FGB, things will never return to the way it was in the 60s & 70s. You can sit at home watching repeats of Dads army and Are you being served, whilst some of us are cheering on our team.
Managers, players and chairmen come and go. PAFC is for ever.

I dont want a return to the 60s and 70s. Just want whats best for PAFC and our national game.

I will be cheering them on as well. Just not in person thats all. It will be just like another away game to me.
I hope they win every game and end up winning the darn thing but i will not support the competition. End of.

Nothing wrong with dads army. How dare you put that other crap in the same sentence though.

Anyway according to the herald these games have been put back till october. Thats ages yet.
I thought they were next week so no way am i gonna continue this for 6 weeks so i will take my leave now thank you
very much.
I look forward to your match report in october.
Sorry FGB, I don't do match reports. But why would you want to know how we got on anyway?

May 8, 2011
MarkMatthews":1310uhpc said:
X Isle":1310uhpc said:
Doubters?, that implies wrestling with indecision.

Those of us who are boycotting this farce, this precursor to B Team league entry, have NO doubts.

Do what you wish, just do so knowing that there is a greater cause you are burying your head to in doing so.

I agree, Our supporters are on the whole completely against this farce, our chairman, rightly voted against it.

It is therefore completely at odds, a two finger salute that first team management would come out in favour.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... hy-1802167

Anyone who,cares about the clubs long term future, surely, has to withdraw their support for a manager going against their own employer and fan base. Surly given the strength of feeling on this issue, this is the final straw? Supporting Adams is by extension, supporting this competition, which by extension is supporting us playing Huddersfield Reserves in the league, before the decade is out!

If you read the article instead of just the headline you will have read that Adams has come out in support of the financial benefits of the competition, as we are in it whether we like it or not it is best to take it seriously to try to make as much money as possible. As the bulk of the income comes from prize money from winning games and progressing, the income from attendances is pretty immaterial until the last few rounds.

I know you don’t like Adams but really using this to have a go at him is a bit OTT.