The Checkatrade is here again | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Checkatrade is here again

Hubble":hwsxn9va said:
Am I missing something here. But isn't it the same as us playing our B team in the south western league, or whatever it's called now?
Sorry hubble, big difference between SWPL clubs and PAFC.
Should be PAPFC really. With "professional" being in there.
With due respect to SWPL clubs they may have the odd semi pro in there but fall well short of
full pro status.

Thats why a big pro club like argyle who not only represent a big uk city but arguably
the far SW as well shouldnt be bowing to much richer pro clubs just because they want their B
teams given tougher games. Especially if bribes/payments are being used to effect it.
Its not just about the football club either its about the city and the far SW looking forward.
Are we a "B team" status city and area? Does our history and tradition deserve it. No way.
Even if it does, as no doubt some will say, shouldnt we be trying to alter that view?

As for argyle res being in the SWPL? We had little choice anyway as there is no alternative
due to our location and the SWPL clubs did happily vote us in. No arm twisting
or payments/bribes required. They can vote us out easily too no doubt.
So there is no comparison to be drawn imho.

C

CADMAN

I'm sure the supporters of Wadbridge, Bodmin in and St Blazey wouldn't agree. As for your bribes/payments comment, can you elaborate? Do you realise how many supporters of quote, teams with the odd semi pro, actually dislike having our B team in their league?

Hubble":3jlkyub8 said:
I'm sure the supporters of Wadbridge, Bodmin in and St Blazey wouldn't agree. As for your bribes/payments comment, can you elaborate? Do you realise how many supporters of quote, teams with the odd semi pro, actually dislike having our B team in their league?
I have no idea what the supporters of the 2 towns and st blazey think.
Elaborate on bribes/payments? In this case its the same principle as the tories/lab offering things for
your vote at the last GE. Only this time its money paid for entering and winning games etc for EFL clubs in the checkacrap.
Thats were bribe/payment comes in. Not a direct bribe as such more payments to achieve the same end as a bribe.
You do this and you get paid. Indirect bribery a better description perhaps?
I have no knowledge of who plays in the SWPL. Thats why i wrote "may have the odd semi pro".
If our reserves are as unpopular as you say then why dont they kick us out?

C

CADMAN

Fat_green_belly":2ft869ya said:
Hubble":2ft869ya said:
Elaborate on bribes/payments? In this case its the same principle as the tories/lab offering things for
your vote at the last GE. Only this time its money paid for entering and winning games etc for EFL clubs in the checkacrap.
Thats were bribe/payment comes in. Not a direct bribe as such more payments to achieve the same end as a bribe.
I have no knowledge of who plays in the SWPL. Thats why i wrote "may have the odd semi pro".
I'm amazed how you think it is ok for our second or third team Newquay, but not ok for Chelsea's second team to play us. Football is a pyramid. Unfortunately, we have never played in the top league, and probably never will.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I live in hope that one day it will happen...

C

CADMAN

JannerinCardiff":33adkxri said:
I live in hope that one day it will happen...
So do I mate. I just can't see it is ok for us all to trot along to to see us play Liverpool reserves in the FA cup, but not acceptable, in some minds, to watch Chelsea's second team to in another cup.

Hubble":2wz7sj0j said:
Fat_green_belly":2wz7sj0j said:
Hubble":2wz7sj0j said:
I'm amazed how you think it is ok for our second or third team Newquay, but not ok for Chelsea's second team to play us. Football is a pyramid. Unfortunately, we have never played in the top league, and probably never will.
I dont think its ok to be playing newquay. I would much rather be in a proper pro reserve league
like the old football combination from which we produced so many young players back in the 70s.
Also i would hope that playing newquay benefits them too in some way as well. Higher gates hopefully?
Like i keep saying unlike newquay, chelsea are a massive pro club but i can remember playing against them
many times in the past. But they had squads of 20/30 back in those days.
I counted their squad last season and they had nearly 100 players. Mostly youth players hoovered up
from around the world. Absolutely ridiculous. Thats another reason not to support anything which encourages
them to do more of the same.

Football is a pyramid for sure and pro teams are at the top end of it, including us, and we should expect
respect back from all pro teams wherever they lie in the pyramid.

I dont want to see us play in the top league anymore tbh not as its currently run. Championship is fine
for me. Thats where we were when i first started back in the 60s. Ufton followed and downwards we went.

Added. About klopps reserves in comparison to watching chelseas 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th/8th team.
Easy answer. One is proper job LFC with klopp in charge. The other is CFC u23s with A.Nobody in charge.
One had HP sold out and televised and the other will have hubble and mates watching with plastic bluebellies
waving their half n half scarves at them raving which ones azard. :facepalm:
One game is showing us respect the other isnt......imho

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Unfortunately the boycott hasn’t worked because the EFL subsidise clubs that make a loss through these fixtures, and the prize money is greater I believe than the old format.

However, the swathes of empty seats will return and long may it continue. Every fan through the gate strengthens the argument for a longer term inclusion of these teams and the majority don’t want that blood on there hands.

People seem to bat it away and say stuff like that’ll never happen. They would have said the same about the JPT five years ago.

Our attendances in this competition have been borderline disgusting compared to everyone else.

Mar 8, 2016
I think our attendances for the new format has been higher than when it didn’t involve prem under 21’s. Mainly due to a number of our fans don’t care about the bigger picture, the type of fans that will complain when the EFL introduce prem B teams in the league structure, but have been supporting the idea via this competition.

C

CADMAN

Well when I hear our manager, players and chairman telling me not to attend these games then II won't bother. But until then I intend to support the 11 players wearing the green shirts. As for FGB, things will never return to the way it was in the 60s & 70s. You can sit at home watching repeats of Dads army and Are you being served, whilst some of us are cheering on our team.

Hubble":jpnrfbh3 said:
Well when I hear our manager, players and chairman telling me not to attend these games then II won't bother. But until then I intend to support the 11 players wearing the green shirts. As for FGB, things will never return to the way it was in the 60s & 70s. You can sit at home watching repeats of Dads army and Are you being served, whilst some of us are cheering on our team.
Managers, players and chairmen come and go. PAFC is for ever.

I dont want a return to the 60s and 70s. Just want whats best for PAFC and our national game.

I will be cheering them on as well. Just not in person thats all. It will be just like another away game to me.
I hope they win every game and end up winning the darn thing but i will not support the competition. End of.

Nothing wrong with dads army. How dare you put that other crap in the same sentence though.

Anyway according to the herald these games have been put back till october. Thats ages yet.
I thought they were next week so no way am i gonna continue this for 6 weeks so i will take my leave now thank you
very much.
I look forward to your match report in october.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Checkatrade Trophy

Half Time Swindon 0 - 2 Chelsea U21

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":a88wvh0b said:
Final Swindon 0 - 4 Chelsea U21
Both Luke McCormick and midfielder Toumani Diagouraga made their debuts in the game.

So Chelsea top our group. :D