The Big Screen | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Big Screen

May 8, 2011
Maybe you could watch the match?
From my experience at grounds with screens you tend to look at them before kick off and at half time.
During those times there are far more of a mixture of people either standing or sat, plus there is a lot of movement of people arriving at their seats or at half time going down to the concourse. So at Home Park this means for people in the Lyndhurst their view of the screen will be likely be obscured at times.

Jul 12, 2016
Why the criticism before it’s up and running? No doubt with such a big screen most fans will be able to view it and if it helps raise more funds for the club I can’t see the problem.

Reactions: GreenThing

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Do we know if the Big Screen is going to be operational for Barnsley on Saturday?

Interesting to see that (I think) no seats have been sold in Block 17 at all which suggests that there may still be work to complete this weekend. Or maybe the safety certification needs amendment to allow fans to use Block 17 when it has been subject to the civil works required for the screen?

No biggie - just interested. I'm a fan of the screen and it's gonna look great (y)

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Do we know if the Big Screen is going to be operational for Barnsley on Saturday?

Interesting to see that (I think) no seats have been sold in Block 17 at all which suggests that there may still be work to complete this weekend. Or maybe the safety certification needs amendment to allow fans to use Block 17 when it has been subject to the civil works required for the screen?

No biggie - just interested. I'm a fan of the screen and it's gonna look great (y)

This was posted on PAFC official site a few weeks back...

'The club had initially planned for the Screen to be operational ahead of the first Sky Bet League One home game of the season – against Barnsley on Saturday, 30 July – but a delay in shipping the LED components from overseas means that the screen is unlikely to be in place before visit of the Tykes.

Club staff are in constant dialogue with the supplier of the screen to ensure that the delivery timetable does not slip further, and we will provide a further update to supporters as soon as we can.'

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Does anyone know who will have the remote control for the screen? Think it is the only thing that's not been asked yet!
Might be a good film on the other side .. and there's Channel 4 racing .. oh and Money for Nothing.

I've done without a screen for 58+ years attendance. When the old screen was there, I used to rely on me already knowing the score and having a watch to tell the time, can't see the need to change that.
I already get (unwanted) Premier score updates from the bloke behind me:
Prod prod 'Pogba's just scored!'
'Really? Oh hip ******* hooray!!'
I'll be annoyed if we get (other) score updates on the screen.
What is it about: 'I don't care!' that they don't get??
I want to watch the match, I need to concentrate FFS!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Might be a good film on the other side .. and there's Channel 4 racing .. oh and Money for Nothing.

I've done without a screen for 58+ years attendance. When the old screen was there, I used to rely on me already knowing the score and having a watch to tell the time, can't see the need to change that.

You forgot to add "rant over" 🤬 (y)

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016

Top ranting, Pogles! (y)

That's how to do it... some of our younger posters could learn a thing or two from us oldies on here at times.

Reactions: Gazza

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I liked the old score board with score updates on, very basic but as a kid I loved it.
I'm sure this advertising screen will make money but these days score updates will be faster on your mobile I think.