Ryan Taylor Replacement | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Taylor Replacement

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
FWIW, I liked Jimmy Spencer and I think a lot of criticism aimed his way was unfounded.

Admittedly, he’s not in Ryan Taylor’s league but he would have been a decent understudy.

I would like to see us going for Tom Eaves but he would be out of our reach financially as he’s not out of contract. Lyle Taylor on the other hand would be a fair shout.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Where is old Frank Spencer knocking in all the goals now ? Haven't seen him on Barcelona's team sheet unless Ive missed something

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I'm not claiming to be a tactical genius but it is clear to me that with RT in the team Carey and Lameiras are much, much more effective - very special players indeed on their day. The three of them combine to make a very potent attack - I reckon the best in this league. Add a solid back four of Bradley, Vyner, Oscar & Sawyer plus a clever midfield 'quarterback ' in Fox and a fit box-to-box Sarcevic and a ball winning Ness and we have a mighty fine team. It worked superbly - but we are a bit of a one-trick pony - although it is a very good trick and hard to stop even if you're expecting it. But remove RT and it starts to crumble somewhat. We do need to learn another trick or two...... There were some good signs - we did play some very good stuff to feet with Grant up top at times but it is still very much work-in-progress. It will take time...... this was our first season back. Roll on next season.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cobi Budge":145mqzn5 said:
GreenThing":145mqzn5 said:
Funny how Spencer is now seen as the saviour who got away. When he was here there were plenty of people who thought he was useless, he was often referred to as Frank Spencer.

I didn't think he was very good, I still stand by that, I just think his style would have made him a better option than what we've had lately.
You weren’t one of his main critics, Cobi. Those with that ‘honour’were, undoubtedly Sam Jones (surprise, surprise) and Nobby who have both contributed to this thread. I thought he did well for us in the first half of last season before he was injured.
However, his subsequent career hasn’t taken off since he joined Steve Evans at Mansfield.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Knibbsworth":1jhrltzy said:
GreenThing":1jhrltzy said:
Knibbsworth":1jhrltzy said:
GreenThing":1jhrltzy said:
Funny how Spencer is now seen as the saviour who got away. When he was here there were plenty of people who thought he was useless, he was often referred to as Frank Spencer.

Just because one person thought it, doesn't mean that viewpoint has any relevance. It's like suggesting to not offer Hourihane a new contract because some numpty in the Mayflower hates his backward pass selection.

Without Jimmy Spencer we wouldn't have gone up last season. He was involved in a lot of games and a lot of points. Cobi is right to say that Spencer bridged a gap into providing hold up play without Ryan Taylor. Not as good, but intelligent movement and something for our midfielders to work off. We lost a decent back up option in letting him go and arguably paid for it.

It wasn’t just one person, though. There were plenty on Spencer’s back.

A lot of people think Andy Carroll is rubbish. Argyle fans were berating Eaves as 'just a sh** Andy Carroll' yesterday in fact, an hour later he had a hat trick. A lot of fans are ignorant and don't understand strikers who lack pace, don't get a lot of chances and don't score a lot of goals. Trigger had his same share of numpties slating him when he wasn't winning titles. Just because some fans don't understand their game doesn't make them a crap player.

Gillingham fans sing that to Tom Eaves every week Apparently he thinks it's hilarious! They were singing yesterday after his 2nd goal.

Feb 15, 2005
Some of the players mentioned as a “back up” to RT are most definitely starters and would not be happy to be sat on the bench. Any striker coming here knows we play one up top and so opportunities to start might be limited.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
No-one should be guaranteed a starting place - and anyway if a striker isn't confident coming into the squad that he's good enough to play for Argyle - he won't be.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
pedro91":3ui07rh5 said:
Just spoke to him on the way into the ground

And...

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
pedro91":795rbs5v said:
That's between me and him!

So you were just letting us know you spoke with him?

:thumbs:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
As Barry was going into the ground I wonder where Ryan was heading.

Feb 17, 2017
pedro91":2jkv8zrl said:
Just spoke to him on the way into the ground
That's between me and him!

This is funny in many ways, lets hope you got better information than last time when you said
He's back tomorrow

And then after the SG meeting when people were not forward in what was said you say;

Can't repeat, really??
Why say it!!!

So i ask you the same thing, cant repeat what was said, why say it!!!

:funny: