Ryan Taylor Replacement | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Taylor Replacement

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
AdelaideGreen":l2e946at said:
r4h4al":l2e946at said:
Adebayo Akinfenwa on a year deal would be good back-up too..

Oh God no! I hardly consider him to be a back up. Not exactly the same skillful, hold it up and play it off type as RT is he.

I think he is. He did that role against us very successfully at Wembley I think.

Mar 23, 2008
Akinde I see is on the transfer list at Barnet, obviously would require a fee as presumably he's under contract.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Deacster":3abif3hd said:
Akinde I see is on the transfer list at Barnet, obviously would require a fee as presumably he's under contract.

He is under contract but I wonder how high his stock is these days. Also Barnet would be glad to be rid of his wages I'd imagine. Would be a superb marque signing!

Aug 5, 2016
r4h4al":2ld9yqa9 said:
Eoin Doyle from relegated Oldham would be a good signing for us. He scored 14 goals for a struggling Oldham.

Adebayo Akinfenwa on a year deal would be good back-up too.

And we also still have Joel Grant and Alex Fletcher, who I want to see more of next season.

That was my first thought when Oldham got relegated. Eoin Doyle is a terrific striker at this level, but he is clearly settled in the north. Hopefully can DA can charm him with talk of a serious promotion push.

Sep 6, 2006
AdelaideGreen":167bj8ja said:
r4h4al":167bj8ja said:
Adebayo Akinfenwa on a year deal would be good back-up too..

Oh God no! I hardly consider him to be a back up. Not exactly the same skillful, hold it up and play it off type as RT is he. More a bull in a china shop
The team would have to play a completely different style. We haven't been too quick to do that this season.

COYG :scarf:

Quite a bizarre post. I would say he fits the role exactly. So what do you see as different?

Mar 23, 2008
Stockley would be a whole different proposition. Tall, plays well with his back to goal and scores. I would assume it would take a decent few to get him and suspect DA will be looking more at the rough diamond market but would be a great option if feasible.

Aug 5, 2016
Stockley is their best player, Pym isn't even close. We need to be all over Stockley if his contract is up for renewal.