Ryan Hardie | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Hardie

German Shepherd":2hfhnnob said:
So,if he decided not to extend he'd have a year left. Can the club make the player extend or is it the player's choice ?

Probably Blackpool have the right to extend it in the last 12 months of the initial 2 year deal. Maybe with a percentage wage increase when triggered.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Glad Ladapo is nowhere near us.

It would be great if we got 20% of £5m or whatever it is he goes for though. :greensmile:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
GTTB Resurgam":k7tyb3de said:
ping_g5":k7tyb3de said:
I think cooper is a certainty to sign permanently at the end of the season, Hardie not so sure seeing as Blackpool have got rid of that clown.. The new manager will probably be jseeing what he's doing here and wondering why Grayson didn't want him. I actually think we might have a chance of a permanent deal for Palmer as well. WBA should be in the prem next season so can't see him being needed there. Would it imagine a nominal fee but with a large sell on clause might work.

Palmer is out of contract in the summer
That is very interesting. Yes, his contract expires 31st May, 2020.
That would be a great signing.
On reflection, management would need to consider the implications for Mike Cooper.

Oct 31, 2015
Justin":3urg1hed said:
rsp4":3urg1hed said:
No chance of signing him. Blackpool send him out on loan to do what he is doing now. Back to parent club I'm afraid.

Here's a question. If we were going to pay a transfer fee for one of the loan players, would you prefer coops or Hardie? We couldn't afford both

Where do you get these ‘facts’ from?

No chance of signing him?
Can’t afford Cooper and Hardie?

Please divulge.

Wow so Aggressive. Hope we can afford both with all the money rolling into the club :thumbup:

Mar 16, 2020
Morning all, Blackpool fan here. It’s taken a bit of time for me to get registered for this site (spam filter fun n games) so events have taken this season’s destiny out of our hands but I though I’d still post this that I’d already written about young Ryan and join in the debate, albeit academic now…

It’s really interesting reading the various comments on Hardie and I’m glad to see he’s found his scoring boots with you. To give you a bit of background on the lad, Grayson brought in two young strikers – Hardie and Joe Nuttall - at the back end of the summer window after his appointment as manager. Hardie came from Rangers as he was struggling for a start behind two better and far more established strikers but the Gers fans liked him and were sorry to see him go. Nuttall came from Blackburn U23s and we paid a reported 750k for him. Of the two of them Grayson favoured Nuttall early on. Hardie had a handful of appearances off the bench and I think bagged just one during his limited chances before being hardly used, if on the bench at all. On the other hand, Nuttall got all the chances going but in truth he’s just not up to it.

Grayson’s style of play prevented particularly Hardie from playing to his strengths which as you know is when the ball’s put in front of the lad for him to run onto. We have Gnanduillet who’s a big lump of a striker that Grayson preferred to bang the ball into high at every opportunity, so the smaller nippy lads didn’t get a look in. We all know Grayson’s a dinosaur with his tactics.

Fast forward to today and we have a new head coach whose expertise is in bringing on young talent having been U23 coach at Liverpool til his move to the seaside so I can’t see Hardie being offloaded to your lot or any other if I’m honest – maybe if we were still under the Oystons for a quick few quid but that lot has thankfully gone and we have a lifelong Blackpool supporter owning the club now and so far all he’s done (and said he will do) has been for the improvement of the club on and off the pitch.

We know how it feels to get a loan that turns things around – we had Joe Hart from City as a youngster in nets for us during out promotion season to the Championship and Seamus Coleman from Everton during our promotion to the Premier – and how gutting it is to have them return to their parent club! We’ve got two young midfielders from Leicester and Wolves tearing it up at the moment but we won’t be able to hold onto them either. Incidentally Hardie’s 2-year plus 1 option contract allows the club to take up the 3rd year or not, not the player. I read one or two wondering about that.

I’m really pleased the lad’s found his mojo and I’m sure he’ll be ten times the striker he was went he went out on loan in January but I’d be amazed if Neil Critchley doesn’t want to see him back in Tangerine preseason and beyond because we’re already seeing the team play in a much more forward thinking way, passing to feet, through-balls to the forwards and pressing high from the front - and we’ll see less of the big lump up top next season I’d guess.

Good luck for the rest of the season – if there IS a rest of the season and hopefully we’ll be playing you next time round (but with young Ryan back at the seaside!)

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
On The Rock":28tjp409 said:
Morning all, Blackpool fan here. It’s taken a bit of time for me to get registered for this site (spam filter fun n games) so events have taken this season’s destiny out of our hands but I though I’d still post this that I’d already written about young Ryan and join in the debate, albeit academic now…

It’s really interesting reading the various comments on Hardie and I’m glad to see he’s found his scoring boots with you. To give you a bit of background on the lad, Grayson brought in two young strikers – Hardie and Joe Nuttall - at the back end of the summer window after his appointment as manager. Hardie came from Rangers as he was struggling for a start behind two better and far more established strikers but the Gers fans liked him and were sorry to see him go. Nuttall came from Blackburn U23s and we paid a reported 750k for him. Of the two of them Grayson favoured Nuttall early on. Hardie had a handful of appearances off the bench and I think bagged just one during his limited chances before being hardly used, if on the bench at all. On the other hand, Nuttall got all the chances going but in truth he’s just not up to it.

Grayson’s style of play prevented particularly Hardie from playing to his strengths which as you know is when the ball’s put in front of the lad for him to run onto. We have Gnanduillet who’s a big lump of a striker that Grayson preferred to bang the ball into high at every opportunity, so the smaller nippy lads didn’t get a look in. We all know Grayson’s a dinosaur with his tactics.

Fast forward to today and we have a new head coach whose expertise is in bringing on young talent having been U23 coach at Liverpool til his move to the seaside so I can’t see Hardie being offloaded to your lot or any other if I’m honest – maybe if we were still under the Oystons for a quick few quid but that lot has thankfully gone and we have a lifelong Blackpool supporter owning the club now and so far all he’s done (and said he will do) has been for the improvement of the club on and off the pitch.

We know how it feels to get a loan that turns things around – we had Joe Hart from City as a youngster in nets for us during out promotion season to the Championship and Seamus Coleman from Everton during our promotion to the Premier – and how gutting it is to have them return to their parent club! We’ve got two young midfielders from Leicester and Wolves tearing it up at the moment but we won’t be able to hold onto them either. Incidentally Hardie’s 2-year plus 1 option contract allows the club to take up the 3rd year or not, not the player. I read one or two wondering about that.

I’m really pleased the lad’s found his mojo and I’m sure he’ll be ten times the striker he was went he went out on loan in January but I’d be amazed if Neil Critchley doesn’t want to see him back in Tangerine preseason and beyond because we’re already seeing the team play in a much more forward thinking way, passing to feet, through-balls to the forwards and pressing high from the front - and we’ll see less of the big lump up top next season I’d guess.

Good luck for the rest of the season – if there IS a rest of the season and hopefully we’ll be playing you next time round (but with young Ryan back at the seaside!)

Thanks for that, OTR. It's good to get another perspective on things. It goes without saying that Hardie has hit the ground running since he came down but, for some, there will always be that question mark of whether it's 'easier' in a lower division. I take the view that the lower half of League 1 is roughly on a par with the upper half of League 2. If that's the case I can't see that he won't be able to produce the goods for a more sympathetic boss when he goes back. As is the case with loan players, we all regret the good ones going back to the parent club - but we often can't wait to get rid of the ones that don't give you any better than what you've got! ;)

Mar 16, 2020
Mark58":ws4168my said:
Thanks for that, OTR. It's good to get another perspective on things. It goes without saying that Hardie has hit the ground running since he came down but, for some, there will always be that question mark of whether it's 'easier' in a lower division. I take the view that the lower half of League 1 is roughly on a par with the upper half of League 2. If that's the case I can't see that he won't be able to produce the goods for a more sympathetic boss when he goes back. As is the case with loan players, we all regret the good ones going back to the parent club - but we often can't wait to get rid of the ones that don't give you any better than what you've got! ;)

Oh we've had our share of stinkers on loan. Some of the young lads you get from prem teams come with a real chip on their shoulder - we had Sorensen from Newcastle last season, Danish U21 international and he didn't think he needed to train as hard of the rest, skill gets him by etc. Only got about 20 minutes on the pitch the half season he was with us. The barcodes got miffed and recalled him. Sent him out to Carlisle and he hardly got a game there either... :lol:

But getting back to Hardie it'll be a shame if the season ends like this and he didn't get to see the job through to the playoffs or automatic. You can have Joe Nuttall til next January if you like. But that'd just be cruel ;)

Sep 2, 2008
Justin":1wade3m4 said:
argyleforever":1wade3m4 said:
gaspargomez":1wade3m4 said:
All 3 players listed above would be brilliant signings.

My fear is that other clubs, with bigger budgets, are watching. Argyle are unlikely to be offering much in the way of transfer fees and it always seems that other teams can pay higher wages (at least that seemed the case under Brent).

If Argyle can negotiate deals with parent clubs NOW then it would be ideal. But its going to be in the interests of the parent clubs and the individual players to hang on until the close season.

I also wonder if George Cooper and Hardie are a bit wary of signing for Argyle as they have often been used as substitutes or taken off during games. Neither have played 90 minutes very often.

Agreed. But i think Hardie WILL be starting now 100% now he's match fit.

Also agreed, better than Ladapo, has great awareness, good eye for goal and can really wrigle around players without getting tackled too often, if not AT ALL!

Says it all really if Ladapo was signed by championship Rotherham then who knows what league this lad could potentially play in

No way is Ryan better than Freddie.

Not yet.

He’s fitted in brilliantly, but this is the bottom tier.

Freddie’s on 17 goals this season so far (14 in the league) and has often been used from the bench, much like Ryan. So his goals per minutes ratio is outstanding too. In fact his goal Xg rating is in the top 5 of all players across all 4 divisions. He’ll be a wanted man this summer.

No he wont. The stats are good to look at but don't you wonder why he rarely starts. He isn't that good a player and misses as many sitters as he scores. He has an atrocious first touch and has scored most of his goals while playing as an impact sub. They throw him on when they're chasing a game hoping that his pace against tiring legs will reap some reward...which it obviously has. He's spent most of the season in league 1 on the bench and that time spent on the bench will only increase if Rotherham get promoted. No one will be offering Rotherham big bucks for him this summer. Your view on Ladapo is as blinkered as it was with Matt Macey. From memory, I'm sure you said he was destined for bigger and better things and was an outstanding keeper because he turned out once or twice for Arsenal (before going out on loan to lower league teams). I wonder how he's doing now :think: