Ryan Hardie | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Hardie

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Totally agree. Cooper is a good player, but 20 goal a season players are hard to come by and Ryan Hardie would certainly have done that this season if he had started here in August. L1 May be a different proposition, but he looks a good prospect to me. Better player than Ladapo imo.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
plymade":4uzxk3bc said:
Who is to say Hallett won't buy both players? I feel confident that this man, who has done so much good for our club, will do his level best to keep a winning team together for league 1.

Thatā€™s true too. He has said he wants to get to the championship, so he canā€™t do that without investing on the playing side. People seem resigned to us losing Palmer too, but Iā€™m not so sure. If we get to L1 which Iā€™m confident we will, whatā€™s to say he wonā€™t want to stay. West Brom are going up so heā€™s fairly likely to be surplus to requirements there.

Jun 24, 2008
Hardie does look special. Calmness in front of goal, deceivingly quick and works hard to press from the front. Links up well with Jephcott too.

I remember when we signed him, a link was posted on here to the Blackpool fans forum and the comments were not kind. It sounded like he was a waste of money to them. Hindsights wonderful though and now they probably wish he was back.

However....this reeks slightly of another Eoin Doyle situation. What if he goes back, doesn't like it there, wants to be here where he "fits in" with the team, city and the style of football. If we're in the right league and want him back its just a question of affordability and player power at Blackpool. The biggest issue is the fact they do have a new manager. Its a clean slate. If he was going back to the manager he signed for, let down and loaned him out there would possibly be some doubt there in wanting to stay at Blackpool.

He's 22, he isn't some youth player. He's the same age as Tafari Moore. Who's loan out had different motives of that of a youth loan.

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
At the risk of getting shot down in flames, does anyone else of a certain age bracket get flashbacks of the Mariner/Rafferty partnership when watching Hardie and Jephcott together up front?

Iā€™m not suggesting that the present strike force are as yet remotely comparable to our Argyle legends of the 70s, but thereā€™s just something about their individual and joint styles of play. I feel that Hardie possesses the same classy stature and football intelligence of a young Mariner - and he certainly has the same eye for goal. Jephcott, on the other hand, is all brawn, strength and honest endeavour, with the same hold-up play and lay-off talent as Rafferty. He, too, is a predatory and natural goalscorer. Hardie and Jephcott also seem to have a very clear understanding and awareness of each otherā€™s positional play - and it would appear from their on-field body language that they enjoy playing together.

I am probably deluding myself and allowing the rose-tinted spectacles of nostalgia to affect my judgement, but I just hope that these two can play together often enough to justify an actual comparison to our former greats. :scarf:

ping g5

šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 20, 2005
I think cooper is a certainty to sign permanently at the end of the season, Hardie not so sure seeing as Blackpool have got rid of that clown.. The new manager will probably be seeing what he's doing here and wondering why Grayson didn't want him. I actually think we might have a chance of a permanent deal for Palmer as well. WBA should be in the prem next season so can't see him being needed there. Would it imagine a nominal fee but with a large sell on clause might work.

ping_g5":2wv6mcoo said:
I think cooper is a certainty to sign permanently at the end of the season, Hardie not so sure seeing as Blackpool have got rid of that clown.. The new manager will probably be seeing what he's doing here and wondering why Grayson didn't want him. I actually think we might have a chance of a permanent deal for Palmer as well. WBA should be in the prem next season so can't see him being needed there. Would it imagine a nominal fee but with a large sell on clause might work.

Palmer is out of contract in the summer

Aug 5, 2016
ping_g5":1ig6h6gq said:

Cooper is contracted at Peterborough next season. So if he is certain to come here, then it will be at their discretion. Unless we meet the fee agreed before the loan which was rumoured at Ā£250k - Ā£300k.

I don't think we'll sign Cooper until a lower fee can be agreed. He'll be out of contract next summer.

German Shepherd

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Hardie has a year left on his contract at Blackpool. I wonder what they would do if Argyle offered say, Ā£250,000, or lose him at the end of the year for nowt.

German Shepherd":voekumrb said:
Hardie has a year left on his contract at Blackpool. I wonder what they would do if Argyle offered say, Ā£250,000, or lose him at the end of the year for nowt.

Hardie, 22, has agreed a two-year at Bloomfield Road, with the option of a further 12 months.

From BBC sport when he signed there

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
I think Palmer, Hardie and Cooper are the first 3 players we sign if we go up.

Jan 27, 2012
All 3 players listed above would be brilliant signings.

My fear is that other clubs, with bigger budgets, are watching. Argyle are unlikely to be offering much in the way of transfer fees and it always seems that other teams can pay higher wages (at least that seemed the case under Brent).

If Argyle can negotiate deals with parent clubs NOW then it would be ideal. But its going to be in the interests of the parent clubs and the individual players to hang on until the close season.

I also wonder if George Cooper and Hardie are a bit wary of signing for Argyle as they have often been used as substitutes or taken off during games. Neither have played 90 minutes very often.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
gaspargomez":knu57blm said:

My fear is that other clubs, with bigger budgets, are watching. Argyle are unlikely to be offering much in the way of transfer fees and it always seems that other teams can pay higher wages (at least that seemed the case under Brent).

If Argyle can negotiate deals with parent clubs NOW then it would be ideal. But its going to be in the interests of the parent clubs and the individual players to hang on until the close season.

I also wonder if George Cooper and Hardie are a bit wary of signing for Argyle as they have often been used as substitutes or taken off during games. Neither have played 90 minutes very often.

Agreed. But i think Hardie WILL be starting now 100% now he's match fit.

Also agreed, better than Ladapo, has great awareness, good eye for goal and can really wrigle around players without getting tackled too often, if not AT ALL!

Says it all really if Ladapo was signed by championship Rotherham then who knows what league this lad could potentially play in

Mar 16, 2009
London
rsp4":2088bwdr said:
No chance of signing him. Blackpool send him out on loan to do what he is doing now. Back to parent club I'm afraid.

Here's a question. If we were going to pay a transfer fee for one of the loan players, would you prefer coops or Hardie? We couldn't afford both

Where do you get these ā€˜factsā€™ from?

No chance of signing him?
Canā€™t afford Cooper and Hardie?

Please divulge.

Mar 16, 2009
London
argyleforever":1sorje87 said:
gaspargomez":1sorje87 said:

Agreed. But i think Hardie WILL be starting now 100% now he's match fit.

Also agreed, better than Ladapo, has great awareness, good eye for goal and can really wrigle around players without getting tackled too often, if not AT ALL!

Says it all really if Ladapo was signed by championship Rotherham then who knows what league this lad could potentially play in

No way is Ryan better than Freddie.

Not yet.

Heā€™s fitted in brilliantly, but this is the bottom tier.

Freddieā€™s on 17 goals this season so far (14 in the league) and has often been used from the bench, much like Ryan. So his goals per minutes ratio is outstanding too. In fact his goal Xg rating is in the top 5 of all players across all 4 divisions. Heā€™ll be a wanted man this summer.