Ryan Hardie | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Hardie

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
disagree Janner. While perhaps this is true over the duration of his loan, it was clear that for several weeks he was not at peak fitness. In the more recent games, I think he is up to it. Although, setting the world alight may be a tad over the top.

However, does anyone know whether the duration of his loan agreement is literally the rest of the season (whenever the season ends) or is it likely that there is a specific date and that we could lose him before we recommence playing the remainder of matches?

Aug 17, 2005
I wonder if there is a transfer agreement built into the loan like cooper and in some ways grant as well

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Bryan_Tregunna":39hp7xzn said:
disagree Janner. While perhaps this is true over the duration of his loan, it was clear that for several weeks he was not at peak fitness. In the more recent games, I think he is up to it. Although, setting the world alight may be a tad over the top.

However, does anyone know whether the duration of his loan agreement is literally the rest of the season (whenever the season ends) or is it likely that there is a specific date and that we could lose him before we recommence playing the remainder of matches?

It’s a game of opinions, but the facts are that out of Hardie’s 7 goals for us only 2 of them have come from starts. I’m just wary that we would try to sign him in the summer for an
inflated price and we’d end up with Nick Chadwick. Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a really good player and I’d like to sign him but not at at £200-250k - that’s too much for an improven striker at league 1 for a club of our resources where I’d hope we’d be playing next season.

He’s good no doubt, but I want to sign players permanently that can also deliver at league 1 level because I think we’ll be there next season.

George Cooper on the other hand is a MUST to sign permanently..

Apr 1, 2009
JannerinCardiff":hx75a06v said:
Bryan_Tregunna":hx75a06v said:

It’s a game of opinions, but the facts are that out of Hardie’s 7 goals for us only 2 of them have come from starts. I’m just wary that we would try to sign him in the summer for an
inflated price and we’d end up with Nick Chadwick. Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a really good player and I’d like to sign him but not at at £200-250k - that’s too much for an improven striker at league 1 for a club of our resources where I’d hope we’d be playing next season.

He’s good no doubt, but I want to sign players permanently that can also deliver at league 1 level because I think we’ll be there next season.

George Cooper on the other hand is a MUST to sign permanently..

FWIW I don't think we'd get Hardie for £200-250K. If Blackpool wanted to sell then they'd hold us to ransom, particularly if any other clubs showed serious interest. Where though, are you going to get a proven League 1 goalscorer (who is not past it) for that sort of money? Yes, there will be some out of contract, but that tends to inflate their wage demands if plenty of clubs are chasing the same player.

Whilst I accept that Hardie is unproven at L1, potential buyers will also look at the investment angle. If he does come off, a youngish striker scoring goals for fun in L1 will have Championship scouts scrambling to watch him, and his value could suddenly be 7 figures. If you buy a proven 30 year old for the same money (fee and wages combined) you are not going to make any significant profit. Trading players at a profit is a big part of being sustainable.

Hardie has shown he can finish - something that none of our pre-Xmas strikers were able to demonstrate. To average a goal every 80 minutes, whether starting or as a sub, is an exceptional stat. Yes, L1 would be harder, but, given a reasonable supply line, I believe he'd score goals. Sadly I don't think we've much chance of signing him.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Agreed. I don’t think we’ve a chance to sign him either, at least not until January when Blackpool have had a chance to have a decent look at him.