Ryan Hardie | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Hardie

Sep 2, 2008
argyleforever":azu0x1yr said:
Me?? I couldn't stand Macey!!

:banghead: :banghead:

Not you. I highlighted a point that Justin made. I wasn't a fan of Macey either. I really believe that he only played as many games as he did because it was a condition of his loan. Giving Scunny that goal at the end was the epitome of the standard of keeper he was/is. He could have thrown that ball anywhere but being the quality keeper he is, he chooses to, near as damn it, throw it right out to the player. I appreciate that there is no way that we'll ever know if playing Letheren as first choice would have kept us up but I for one, believe it would have.

Aug 5, 2015
Good enough to be in the Arsenal first team squad but no good for us. You wouldn’t Adam and Eve it would you.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":10ntwpxz said:
argyleforever":10ntwpxz said:
Me?? I couldn't stand Macey!!

:banghead: :banghead:

Not you. I highlighted a point that Justin made. I wasn't a fan of Macey either. I really believe that he only played as many games as he did because it was a condition of his loan. Giving Scunny that goal at the end was the epitome of the standard of keeper he was/is. He could have thrown that ball anywhere but being the quality keeper he is, he chooses to, near as damn it, throw it right out to the player. I appreciate that there is no way that we'll ever know if playing Letheren as first choice would have kept us up but I for one, believe it would have.

Totally agree. Letheren turned out to be a good keeper

Mar 16, 2009
London
Pottypilgrim":2p32vcww said:
Justin":2p32vcww said:
argyleforever":2p32vcww said:
gaspargomez":2p32vcww said:
All 3 players listed above would be brilliant signings.

My fear is that other clubs, with bigger budgets, are watching. Argyle are unlikely to be offering much in the way of transfer fees and it always seems that other teams can pay higher wages (at least that seemed the case under Brent).

If Argyle can negotiate deals with parent clubs NOW then it would be ideal. But its going to be in the interests of the parent clubs and the individual players to hang on until the close season.

I also wonder if George Cooper and Hardie are a bit wary of signing for Argyle as they have often been used as substitutes or taken off during games. Neither have played 90 minutes very often.

Agreed. But i think Hardie WILL be starting now 100% now he's match fit.

Also agreed, better than Ladapo, has great awareness, good eye for goal and can really wrigle around players without getting tackled too often, if not AT ALL!

Says it all really if Ladapo was signed by championship Rotherham then who knows what league this lad could potentially play in

No way is Ryan better than Freddie.

Not yet.

He’s fitted in brilliantly, but this is the bottom tier.

Freddie’s on 17 goals this season so far (14 in the league) and has often been used from the bench, much like Ryan. So his goals per minutes ratio is outstanding too. In fact his goal Xg rating is in the top 5 of all players across all 4 divisions. He’ll be a wanted man this summer.

No he wont. The stats are good to look at but don't you wonder why he rarely starts. He isn't that good a player and misses as many sitters as he scores. He has an atrocious first touch and has scored most of his goals while playing as an impact sub. They throw him on when they're chasing a game hoping that his pace against tiring legs will reap some reward...which it obviously has. He's spent most of the season in league 1 on the bench and that time spent on the bench will only increase if Rotherham get promoted. No one will be offering Rotherham big bucks for him this summer. Your view on Ladapo is as blinkered as it was with Matt Macey. From memory, I'm sure you said he was destined for bigger and better things and was an outstanding keeper because he turned out once or twice for Arsenal (before going out on loan to lower league teams). I wonder how he's doing now :think:

Wrong on every count Potty.

Ladapo is currently first choice Striker at Rotherham.

His goals to chances ratio is among the best in the country, contradicting your claim that he misses sitters.

Macey is still with Arsenal. 3rd choice keeper.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":1j1qnj2i said:
Good enough to be in the Arsenal first team squad but no good for us. You wouldn’t Adam and Eve it would you.

He is a 3rd choice bench warmer unlikely to get anywhere near the 1st team. He'll do well to even get to become 2nd choice.

Aug 5, 2015
You’re probably right. He probably won’t play in the Premier but neither will we. He has actually played for the first team in other competitions. Wonder why Arsenal have it so wrong?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’m prepared to eat humble if I’m wrong but I don’t expect Macey to appear regularly for any team above National League.

However, I would be surprised if Hardie does not establish himself in the Championship, at least.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
davie nine":3ewjdbaz said:
I’m prepared to eat humble if I’m wrong but I don’t expect Macey to appear regularly for any team above National League.

However, I would be surprised if Hardie does not establish himself in the Championship, at least.

Macey, I reckon he could get a L2 club.

I agree with you about Hardie.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Maybe I’m in the minority (or in my own) but whilst Hardie has done well for us .. he’s been mostly successful when coming on against tired defences.

Decent player at our level but I for one am not convinced that he’d set the world alight in L1 if not an impact player.