Rethink needed. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rethink needed.

H

handbags blake

Argyle could easily allow a non segregated area in block 1 for families only,how hard could that be to police,just ensure any adult is accompanied by a child.

Sep 28, 2003
London
handbags blake":21da8qao said:
Argyle could easily allow a non segregated area in block 1 for families only,how hard could that be to police,just ensure any adult is accompanied by a child.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the people make these kind of decisions have a lot more experience of crowd management than you do.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Andy Holland":wwg2uyfs said:
handbags blake":wwg2uyfs said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the people make these kind of decisions have a lot more experience of crowd management than you do.

And they don't have an ulterior motive for moving the Families Enclosure to Block 1.

Jan 6, 2004
Zero tolerance is the answer - if you are out of your seat gesticulating at opposition fans throw them out - do it again -ban them. Football culture tolerates behaviour not tolerated anywhere else - including other sports - this needs to change

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Tugboat":h66r2gd5 said:
The family enclosure should be in the safest and most practable area available in the ground. Sitting them next to away supporters is utterly irresponsible.

Like someone else has said, you could go 10 games without incident but it only takes a small number of senseless, moronically uneducated knuckle heads from either side to cause a problem that directly threatens family’s with children.

This.

Aug 2, 2011
Not sure what the right solution is. I think most reasonable people recognise that there are knuckle draggers within the attendees at football matches including our own fans - we are not exempt.

It does seem to be a football malaise. Even serious physical contact games such as rugby league, ice hockey or american football do not seem to have anywhere the levels of fan stupidity that football has.

I have attended HP since 1958 and in the late fifties and early sixties despite much bigger crowds, sitting only available in the grandstand and few if any stewards or police there was rarely trouble. By the mid seventies and eighties the problems were very very bad. There has been improvement but there is still a longway to go.

On Saturday there were three men sat infront of me all of whom were in their sixties. Around them were children with their attending parents. Throughout the game the three would stand only to have to be told to sit down. After the final whistle they stood and started wildly gesturing and shouting FU at the BR supporters. Given we were in the grandstand it is hardly likely that the BR supporters even noticed. But why behave like this particularly in front of children. The probability is that those children having seen men in their 60s acting like this will think it acceptable.

Football has got a huge task ahead to create positive role models for the next generation whether that is addressing player attitude on the pitch, fan behaviour or indeed ex footballers spitting because someone winds them up.

Oct 16, 2016
It’s s interesting that women, children and ‘others’ are fully able to watch the brogue wearing hefalumps who don the wonderful English Rosed white shirt on the international egg chasing field of play, kick lumps out of one another fairly regularly, inc eye gouging, stamping and general loutishness BUT the working class man can’t do likewise without being locked up, banned and generally labelled sub-human

Odd that

I’m not condoning either btw, merely pointing out a fact

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Shankster":1jz6n8sp said:
It’s s interesting that women, children and ‘others’ are fully able to watch the brogue wearing hefalumps who don the wonderful English Rosed white shirt on the international egg chasing field of play, kick lumps out of one another fairly regularly, inc eye gouging, stamping and general loutishness BUT the working class man can’t do likewise without being locked up, banned and generally labelled sub-human

Odd that

Really???

Oct 21, 2015
When we were languishing in the bottom division with lower crowds and away attendances from the likes of Morecombe and Crewe that you could fit into a mini bus the location of the family section with its underfloor facilities was forward thinking and commendable. Great idea ....encourage families to visit with dads, mums and their small children enjoying the fun match day experience with Pilgrim Pete, and the bonus of building more long term argyle supporters after getting the youngsters hooked by regularly attending with the family. Unfortunately the real world of Football has got in the way. Those handful of friendly stewards "encouraging" the hardy few away supporters to sit down was as bad as it got....fast forward to Bristol Rovers and those same families are hemmed in by snarling apes throwing insults (and the occasional seat) at each other and fighting with our stewards who are trying to protect them. Having got through 90 minutes of hate filled aggravation from the middle aged tossers, they still have the further "match day experience" of mum and dad shepherding their young ones through lines of police with barking dogs to get back to safety. How many will return I wonder or shall they just take the kids down to the park next time ...cheaper and safer.
As we rise up the leagues (hopefully), this problem will only get worse, with larger clubs with "reputations" bringing their own idiots in greater number, and more of our low life joining in. I support JB and his stewardship of our club ....and would suggest that as well as attending with the Senior Greens in our away end he should also experience first hand taking his wife and children to the family section when we are playing the likes of Bristol Rovers to guage how enjoyable that experience is for all concerned.
He may come to the conclusion that the family section should be re located to a safer part of the ground with easier exit ....Block 1 perhaps ? As an aside, it will be interesting to get the views of the Grandstand season ticket holders if their match day experience has changed , for better or worse, when they are temporarily in the Block 18 firing line for those "big" games.

May 8, 2011
Surely the most appropriate thing to do is to relocate the away section to the Devonport End. There is a natural segregation caused by the emergency vehicle entrance, so less seats lost, easier to get away supporters on to their coaches and avoids potential clashes behind the Lyndhurst.
That would be one big rethink!

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
HC Green":lybnk9ht said:
Surely the most appropriate thing to do is to relocate the away section to the Devonport End. There is a natural segregation caused by the emergency vehicle entrance, so less seats lost, easier to get away supporters on to their coaches and avoids potential clashes behind the Lyndhurst.
That would be one big rethink!

And alienate a load of home fans. Good one.

Oct 16, 2016
GreenThing":2fjz8ad9 said:
Shankster":2fjz8ad9 said:

Odd that

Really???

Absolutely, really

Oct 21, 2015
Really Shankster ?...is this a wind up ? You really cannot see the difference between two teams of men playing a highly physical game called Rugby ....and middle aged tossers screaming insults and being 'ard in front of women and children. Tell me you are joking....

Oct 16, 2016
Of course I understand BUT these athletes are doing similar, and worse physically to one another under the guise of legality and testosterone.

These kids at the ground gesticulating and generally acting like mammaries should be allowed a piece of ground OUTSIDE the stadium to crack on with it. Save you and I fortunes in tax and costs