Rethink needed. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rethink needed.

Dec 28, 2010
Interesting discussion - looks like it stays in block 18/19 next year as I have already renewed my son my Family Season tickets in that block. I agree not ideal spot. Thank goodness moved today. Has anyone seen if the new stadium plans incorporate the Family Stand elsewhere? My view is put it in the corner between the Devonport and Grandstand and take the opportunity for new facilities for the kids. They are the future for our club after all.

Feb 14, 2007
Taunton
ArgyleRob":2q0djwew said:
I was at the back of block 19 for the exeter game last season. One row from the back, the whole back row started off empty, and by the end of the game I'm sure there were more idiots up there, than there were seats. Wonder if something similar happened today with the remaining empty seats in block 18? Surely they can't all wait until the last minute to buy their tickets.

Yeah that is right. I noticed a number of people from Block 14 and 15 leave their seat to go and occupy one in block 18. If Block 18 was a sell out then I don't think today's problem would have occurred. On the whole there would have been people wanting to watch the game in those seats, with the odd one or two giving verbals to the away fans. The empty seats allowed for those who were more interested in the away fans to congregate and alas, cause all the problems.

Jan 6, 2004
Surely there are enough cameras around these days to identify the culprits and ban them for life -simple as that. I feel the unnecessarily large segregation area actually made matters worse as there was space for the kids to run about.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Just for your info.... In the grandstand east is the remnants of the "old" TCE, you,ll often see them giving it large to the away fans from their lofty position and they certainly get noticed like yesterday. Well, guess where they're sitting next season? Yup, Zoo corner! This area of the ground will not be a great location for the family enclosure IMHO.

Jun 27, 2006
Plymouth
My son who is usually with me in the Devonport end was in the families area with his under 9s team. Strangely, they actually enjoyed it apparently, especially when the Bristol fans were ''waving'' at them. Innocence is wonderful :lol:

On a serious note, I was concerned when I saw the Bristol fans break though so far towards our fans. I don't recall many away fans ever doing that but then again, I think it was possibly under resourced on the Policing side also.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Defo under resourced. The club pays for extra policing at these types of games, and it seemed like we had been mugged off a tad there. Shame we need them, but we do.

Feb 2, 2007
Police should have bought a water cannon and tasered a few of them. Sure that would have calmed it all down nicely.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
All that will happen if this continues is smaller crowds because argyle will have to increase the segregation area and the team will be affected by less investment
Oh for the proper days of an away end proper although most of the time in plymouth this was half empty

H

handbags blake

The club was not under resourced by the police,the police failed to control the fans and left the segregation to the stewards instead. I think if the police are there in force they should take more responsibility to control the segregation of fans. People are less inclined to cross a police line knowing they were likely to get arrested than cross a line of stewards who can only expel you from the ground or ASK the police to arrest them.

Given the number of police vans lined up outside beforehand, I was surprised how easily the aggro was allowed to continue.
I fear for the lady who was in front of me in the ticket office queue earlier. She was a first timer, and had inadvertently got a Devonport End ticket, then swapped it for one in the family area (wherever that might have been yesterday). I hope she wasn't put off.

H

handbags blake

I do find it funny that every time there is a good away crowd at argyle they decide to close the family zone and ask the season ticket holders to relocate.What will happen next year if we do make the championship,will the family zoners have to move every other game?

Mar 5, 2012
This might be wide of the mark, but this smells of some bright spark's idea .... That if you put the families in the middle it will deter this sort of thing.....
Guess not.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
janner67":3rh45eym said:
This might be wide of the mark, but this smells of some bright spark's idea .... That if you put the families in the middle it will deter this sort of thing.....
Guess not.

to be fair, I don't remember anything happening while the family area has been in use.

It's half them and half us, if one goads without response from the other it soon fizzles out.

H

handbags blake

It is a stupid place to have the family zone and I do believe the club uses it as a human barricade between two rival sets of fans and be able to sell more tickets to families. The main reason there is little trouble with the family zone usually is because in this league the vast majority of fans do not travel down here

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Willis88":1i7i6zb5 said:
janner67":1i7i6zb5 said:
Guess not.

to be fair, I don't remember anything happening while the family area has been in use.

It's half them and half us, if one goads without response from the other it soon fizzles out.

The reason nothing happens is because when we have the family area we are playing a loving, kind and friendly team who do not want any trouble. If we play the likes of Leeds, Millwall, both Sheffield's, Port Vale, Sunderland, Luton etc etc then the family area would be moved. Bloody ridiculous IMO