Rethink needed. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rethink needed.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Appears to be lots of video coverage posted on YouTube from Zoo Corner and some from Lyndhurst.

So in addition to the police footage, I would assume it may not prove too difficult to identity troublemakers.

H

handbags blake

HC Green":2ch1u4al said:
handbags blake":2ch1u4al said:
HC Green":2ch1u4al said:
handbags blake":2ch1u4al said:
I just want to mention to lundan cabbie that Bristol rovers fans were throwing bits of broken chairs at the fans in the family zone yesterday,luckily the only person that was hit was a rovers fan but this could write easily have been a child.

If the family zone had been in use then the Argyle fans in Block 18 who tried to break through the segregation area when Bristol scored the first goal wouldn’t have been there and nothing would have happened later on as that is what triggered the subsequent nastiness.
So you are saying that the best place to have our children is as a buffer between the two sets of fans.

They will be for 21 league matches this season and so far the only time there has been trouble is when they weren’t so draw your own conclusion.

Remember both Bradford and Charlton had over 1,000 away fans with no trouble.
So you are still saying that you are happy to have our children as a buffer between two sets of opposing fans in case of trouble.

Jan 6, 2007
HC Green":lf1j8itx said:
handbags blake":lf1j8itx said:
HC Green":lf1j8itx said:
handbags blake":lf1j8itx said:
I just want to mention to lundan cabbie that Bristol rovers fans were throwing bits of broken chairs at the fans in the family zone yesterday,luckily the only person that was hit was a rovers fan but this could write easily have been a child.

If the family zone had been in use then the Argyle fans in Block 18 who tried to break through the segregation area when Bristol scored the first goal wouldn’t have been there and nothing would have happened later on as that is what triggered the subsequent nastiness.
So you are saying that the best place to have our children is as a buffer between the two sets of fans.

They will be for 21 league matches this season and so far the only time there has been trouble is when they weren’t so draw your own conclusion.

Nonsense argument imho. We have no history with them, we all know that both Bristol clubs, Cardiff, Exeter and Portsmouth are the most likely problem games. Which is why they shut the family zone for those opponents. We had a 1000 or more away fans in the championship regularly with only a block for segregation, I only remember real problems on a par with yesterday with Bristol City on one occasion back then

May 8, 2011
handbags blake":10bk3hhd said:
HC Green":10bk3hhd said:
HC Green":10bk3hhd said:

So you are still saying that you are happy to have our children as a buffer between two sets of opposing fans in case of trouble.

Yes, because the problems yesterday was caused by our numpties who congregated in Block 18 despite having tickets in other blocks, they wouldn’t have been there if it had been a family zone.

Jan 6, 2007
Would the numpties from Bristol miraculously have disappeared as well then! There were plenty of them down here, as I mentioned previously I had the misfortune to stumble into 30 or so. Do you really think they'd have behaved themselves because a few families were close by.

H

handbags blake

I do believe with the number of police there yesterday that they could have made a more visible presence in the ground ,maybe they could have controlled the segregation area with a line of officers rather than letting the stewards do the more dangerous job of segregating the fans and no hc green I want our children to be safe first,not used in the hope there will be no trouble,no matter what group of fans are at fault. The safest ple for our children is

Jul 3, 2013
It wouldn't suprise me one bit if police up and down the country stood back with cameras trying to pin a ban on as many as possible ahead of Russia in the summer.
Both D&C and the Stewards are about as efficient as my farts being a good source of air freshner after a Ruby.

H

handbags blake

Sent before I wanted it to,safest place for a family zone is block 1 as I have stated earlier

Dec 28, 2010
I seem to recall the Family Zone was originally in block 1 when the horseshoe was built.

I wonder if the club are listening to this discussion. Cost of moving the Zone is far cheaper than the cost and repercussions of an injured child.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Here's a rethink. Let these idiots go at each other and hopefully they'll wipe each other out. Absolute scum, on both sides.

I've just watched a video of the trouble on YouTube, and it's absolutely pathetic. These people don't want to fight, they want to posture. How sad must their lives be that they need to get their thrills by shouting and swearing at a bunch of people they don't know because they support a different football team :facepalm:

Coppers/stewards show remarkable restraint in the face of some of the rankest stupidity known to man. Jesus wept :facepalm:

There needs to be a zero tolerance policy on this - anyone identified acting like this gets a life ban.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Stiffler":262m75n4 said:
It wouldn't suprise me one bit if police up and down the country stood back with cameras trying to pin a ban on as many as possible ahead of Russia in the summer.
Both D&C and the Stewards are about as efficient as my farts being a good source of air freshner after a Ruby.
What a load of cobblers, D&C and the stewards deserve a lot of praise for getting between the dickheads on both sides

Sep 19, 2015
Andy Holland":dmvv7j92 said:
Here's a rethink. Let these idiots go at each other and hopefully they'll wipe each other out. Absolute scum, on both sides.

I've just watched a video of the trouble on YouTube, and it's absolutely pathetic. These people don't want to fight, they want to posture. How sad must their lives be that they need to get their thrills by shouting and swearing at a bunch of people they don't know because they support a different football team :facepalm:

Coppers/stewards show remarkable restraint in the face of some of the rankest stupidity known to man. Jesus wept :facepalm:

There needs to be a zero tolerance policy on this - anyone identified acting like this gets a life ban.

Life ban for posturing?

Dec 10, 2016
Clearly this won’t be a popular idea but I believe the away end needs to move post development , personally I think part of the new lower grandstand would be ideal with segregation engineered into the ground rather than leaving two blocks empty . The away coaches could then be parked directly behind the grandstand as per the team coach at the moment .

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
Have been to quite a few derby games with my kids in the past few years, but this one was the first time we've seen any real aggro - my two boys were quite unnerved by the sight of adults (both young and old enough to know better) acting like idiots. It seemed like the stewards were struggling to 'hold the line' at points and it was a miracle nobody was hurt when one of the Argyle fans and a steward tumbled down the steps together. I gather it costs the club more money to have the police inside, but maybe it would be wise to have them there to start with for matches like these?

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
A question to those of you that are calling for the family zone to be moved to block 1.

Do you know that it is shared by both sets of supporters?

It is helping to show the young kids that you can get on with opposition fans! These same kids will grow up without the desire to start lobbing abuse and seats at each other.

The family zone was not in use yesterday because the club/police knew there would be the possibility of trouble.
So not only do the club encourage the kids to get on with each other, they also protect them when the idots are in town.

There's only one place to look for any blame here.
Burberry__4c6971da775b1_large.jpeg

tonsk