Rethink needed. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rethink needed.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
handbags blake":1avns5as said:
Andy_S":1avns5as said:
Andy Holland":1avns5as said:
handbags blake":1avns5as said:
Argyle could easily allow a non segregated area in block 1 for families only,how hard could that be to police,just ensure any adult is accompanied by a child.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the people make these kind of decisions have a lot more experience of crowd management than you do.

And they don't have an ulterior motive for moving the Families Enclosure to Block 1.
What ulterior motive???

Surely you're not THAT naiive?

H

handbags blake

Mark Pedlar":3bp1v1ob said:
handbags blake":3bp1v1ob said:
Andy_S":3bp1v1ob said:
Andy Holland":3bp1v1ob said:
handbags blake":3bp1v1ob said:
Argyle could easily allow a non segregated area in block 1 for families only,how hard could that be to police,just ensure any adult is accompanied by a child.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the people make these kind of decisions have a lot more experience of crowd management than you do.

And they don't have an ulterior motive for moving the Families Enclosure to Block 1.
What ulterior motive???

Obviously I am,please explain

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
I'd hazard a guess that maybe some of our fans find it frustrating that it's current location means they cannot get as up close and personal as they would like to visiting supporters?
Of course, I could be completely wrong and it's the well-being of our younger supporters that is their prime concern.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
handbags blake":25npd7x1 said:
Mark Pedlar":25npd7x1 said:
Andy_S":25npd7x1 said:
Andy Holland":25npd7x1 said:

What ulterior motive???

Obviously I am,please explain

The inane desire to bait/goad/p!ss off the opposition neanderthals in equal measures!

H

handbags blake

kernow19":1qme6aqn said:
I'd hazard a guess that maybe some of our fans find it frustrating that it's current location means they cannot get as up close and personal as they would like to visiting supporters?
Of course, I could be completely wrong and it's the well-being of our younger supporters that is their prime concern.
But as stated earlier if argyle are aware of a potential problem they request that the family zone closes and allow the troublemakers into this area. Myself and my two sons used to be seated in the family zone as it was easier for them to see the game due to Muppets not standing in front of them or at least the if they were they were smaller Muppets. Also there was only a few games with the possibility of trouble (Exeter etc). If we do progress up the leagues there are greater numbers of away fans and with that the possibility of more games with potential trouble. I have no ulterior motive in moving the children to a SAFE area of the ground other than make them safe. Why not move the children to a safe area and section off blocks 17 & 18 and allow only season ticket holders in there ,that way the club would know exactly who is in there. Maybe bring in photo id tickets for these seats but at a discount so if there is any trouble the club know who is to blame. At the moment at big games blocks 15-18 are sold to general public so the club do not know or have no way of knowing who is sitting there.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
TommyGreenArmy":33g8k5qi said:
What about placing in the new grandstand?

The idea of the grandstand refurb is to increase corporate income. How can they do that if they put the kids section in there?

Oct 16, 2016
This ‘progress up the league’ = greater trouble is somewhat amiss (albeit the current championship does hold some recalcitrant teams). The higher levels I can’t remember the last time I saw real trouble, definitely never in the ground itself.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Presto":1jozw1p7 said:
Not sure what the right solution is. I think most reasonable people recognise that there are knuckle draggers within the attendees at football matches including our own fans - we are not exempt.h

It does seem to be a football malaise. Even serious physical contact games such as rugby league, ice hockey or american football do not seem to have anywhere the levels of fan stupidity that football has.

I have attended HP since 1958 and in the late fifties and early sixties despite much bigger crowds, sitting only available in the grandstand and few if any stewards or police there was rarely trouble. By the mid seventies and eighties the problems were very very bad. There has been improvement but there is still a longway to go.

On Saturday there were three men sat infront of me all of whom were in their sixties. Around them were children with their attending parents. Throughout the game the three would stand only to have to be told to sit down. After the final whistle they stood and started wildly gesturing and shouting FU at the BR supporters. Given we were in the grandstand it is hardly likely thatrealise.hupporters even noticed. But why behave like this particularly in front of children. The probability is that those children having seen men in their 60s acting like this will think it acceptable.

Football has got a huge task ahead to create positive role models for the next generation whether that is addressing player attitude on the pitch, fan behaviour or indeed ex footballers spitting because someone winds them up.

I would say that the NHL and NFL do see outbreaks of violence although not to the same level that football has. I know that my team Fife Flyers have had a few serious incidents of crowd trouble in the 6 years that I have supported the. There was really serious trouble at a Kestrels(youth team) match though I am unable to remember who the opponents were, however having attended games against Dundee Stars and Braehead Clan who are our 2 main Scottish rivals my guess would be it was against one of them. The games against Clan and Stars always have an incredibly hostile vibe amongst the fans, probably way more so than most people will realise. So the potential is there for it to happen in other sports, and from time to time things can and do boil over

Aug 4, 2011
You even get crowd trouble and banning orders handed out in cricket - particularly T20 evening games.

Glamorgan v Somerset has been known to "spill over"

I've seen crowd trouble at the darts, boxing, horse racing.

Saying its a football problem is a blinkered view to take. Football is naturally a highly charged game, and when you get an ending like Saturday, JPT game vs Exeter it can be all that is needed for the touchpaper to be lit.

Apart from one idiot running onto the pitch, I didn't see anything from the Argyle end worse than you'd see in any other local derby with a late winner - in fact fairly refrained. Rovers smashing seats, charging through segregated area's however :doh: