Rethink needed. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rethink needed.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
handbags blake":1wvv6j4g said:
It is a stupid place to have the family zone and I do believe the club uses it as a human barricade between two rival sets of fans and be able to sell more tickets to families. The main reason there is little trouble with the family zone usually is because in this league the vast majority of fans do not travel down here
Unbelievable, I can't believe you'd think that. I would say the reason it's where it is is because of the space available underneath.

H

handbags blake

Keepitgreen":1bm1oe23 said:
handbags blake":1bm1oe23 said:
It is a stupid place to have the family zone and I do believe the club uses it as a human barricade between two rival sets of fans and be able to sell more tickets to families. The main reason there is little trouble with the family zone usually is because in this league the vast majority of fans do not travel down here
Unbelievable, I can't believe you'd think that. I would say the reason it's where it is is because of the space available underneath.
No it is a stupid place to have the family zone and whoever had the idea of putting it there either gave no thought to the possible problems of putting small children in the way of rival fans. Has this person never been to a football ground. There is a good space under the ground for the play area but surely this could also have been done under the devonport end or section off a part of the Lyndhurst end. But no they put our children in the most dangerous part of the ground rather than losing seating capacity due to segregation.

May 8, 2011
handbags blake":j2i7ey32 said:
Keepitgreen":j2i7ey32 said:
handbags blake":j2i7ey32 said:
No it is a stupid place to have the family zone and whoever had the idea of putting it there either gave no thought to the possible problems of putting small children in the way of rival fans. Has this person never been to a football ground. There is a good space under the ground for the play area but surely this could also have been done under the devonport end or section off a part of the Lyndhurst end. But no they put our children in the most dangerous part of the ground rather than losing seating capacity due to segregation.

It isn’t stupid as the only time this season there has been a problem was yesterday when that area wasn’t used as the family zone, so your argument is completely wrong as the evidence shows that putting the family zone there prevents problems between home and away fans.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I don't care what anyone says, football supporters of any club are not going to have a face to face confrontation with small children. At my own club they moved the away supporters from next to the loud and boisterous home fans and put them beside the family section. Guess what, not one incident in three seasons yet before something was going down every other match.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

The problem here is that a decision was made to locate the Family stand in an area where it is only able to function when Argyle are getting small crowds and playing crap teams.

Sadly that is the mentality and the vision that the decision makers have ran with. There simply isn't a plan for when we become moderately successful....apart from dispensing with section altogether. Apparently relocating sensibly to block 1 for instance is a feat of engineering Isambard Kingdom Brunel wouldn't have been able to negotiate, such is the complexity of the operation.

Which of course is utter rollocks. If there was a will to relocate, it'd be done. The club simply don't want to. Bonkers.

H

handbags blake

HC Green":1lmcqro7 said:
handbags blake":1lmcqro7 said:
Keepitgreen":1lmcqro7 said:
handbags blake":1lmcqro7 said:

It isn’t stupid as the only time this season there has been a problem was yesterday when that area wasn’t used as the family zone, so your argument is completely wrong as the evidence shows that putting the family zone there prevents problems between home and away fans.
It does not prevent problems between home an away fans as when you are in the family zone you are the buffer between opposing fans,argyle do close the play area when there is a big game on but they may ask the family zone season ticket holders to relocate for the big games but often people do not realize this or have the time to arrange alternative seating in which case these youngsters are still in the family zone. What will happen next year when the grandstand people move to the Lyndhurst and if we do make the championship almost every game will have lots more away fans. Where it is is a stupid idea and it should never have been put there,anywhere else in the ground and it is a very good idea.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The family enclosure should be in the safest and most practable area available in the ground. Sitting them next to away supporters is utterly irresponsible.

Like someone else has said, you could go 10 games without incident but it only takes a small number of senseless, moronically uneducated knuckle heads from either side to cause a problem that directly threatens family’s with children.

H

handbags blake

I just want to mention to lundan cabbie that Bristol rovers fans were throwing bits of broken chairs at the fans in the family zone yesterday,luckily the only person that was hit was a rovers fan but this could write easily have been a child.

May 8, 2011
handbags blake":tto9ginn said:
I just want to mention to lundan cabbie that Bristol rovers fans were throwing bits of broken chairs at the fans in the family zone yesterday,luckily the only person that was hit was a rovers fan but this could write easily have been a child.

If the family zone had been in use then the Argyle fans in Block 18 who tried to break through the segregation area when Bristol scored the first goal wouldn’t have been there and nothing would have happened later on as that is what triggered the subsequent nastiness.

Mar 18, 2018
HC Green":3lm99y4n said:
handbags blake":3lm99y4n said:

If the family zone had been in use then the Argyle fans in Block 18 who tried to break through the segregation area when Bristol scored the first goal wouldn’t have been there and nothing would have happened later on as that is what triggered the subsequent nastiness.

The family zone does feel safe, it is only when people from other blocks come in to goad the opposing fans, like you mentioned regarding yesterday.
It’s actually segregation from the other blocks to prevent people coming into the area would be useful, but that would be difficult as would leave no access to refreshments and minimal WC facilities.

Where else could the family seating be, with everything they have below? Speaking to a lot of fans, they wouldn’t want to be in block 1 as they are partly down the opposite end to avoid the language

H

handbags blake

HC Green":18mingvw said:
handbags blake":18mingvw said:

So you are saying that the best place to have our children is as a buffer between the two sets of fans.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
handbags blake":2m92x5ap said:
HC Green":2m92x5ap said:
handbags blake":2m92x5ap said:

So you are saying that the best place to have our children is as a buffer between the two sets of fans.

I think what he's saying is that the family zone effectively diffuses any issue because there's no immediate line of confrontation between home and away fans.

The issue sparking yesterday came from each set of fans squaring off over a few lines of seats, not a large void which happens to have families in it.

Jan 6, 2007
HC Green":265cfss5 said:
handbags blake":265cfss5 said:

If you had a young child would you prefer to sit next to 1500 away fans in a game with potential for trouble, or sit in block 6 or 7 well away from the morons. I had the misfortune to experience about 30 idiots from Bristol at a taxi rank in town 40 minutes before kick off and I can assure you they were looking for confrontation there as well.

H

handbags blake

Why would the people in the family zone not want to be in block 1 of the devonport end,I cannot see the language at the devonport end being any worse than zoo corner and it would mean that families could get to the car park quicker and not be leaving with the away fans. There would also be no need to close the play area and relocate the families in games like yesterday. I also think other than upsetting some people in block 1,the logistics of moving the games area to under the devonport end should be quite easy.

May 8, 2011
handbags blake":1gw5zapb said:
HC Green":1gw5zapb said:
handbags blake":1gw5zapb said:

They will be for 21 league matches this season and so far the only time there has been trouble is when they weren’t so draw your own conclusion.

Remember both Bradford and Charlton had over 1,000 away fans with no trouble.