Plymouth Argyle's new manager? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle's new manager?

Who do you want? New poll 25 May

• Ian Holloway

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Michael Flynn

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Keith Hill

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adam Sadler

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Warren Joyce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Ryan Lowe

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
DrP78":1ygjy5nh said:
Let's not go for John Coleman. In his post-match interview he says 'They need a reality check, the Plymouth fans' and talks about the great job Adams has done and the wonderful football we've played under him. What a clown!

Not at all!! That's a very clever twist of the knife in Dadams's back. Very crafty!! 'But Derek, I supported you!!' :whistle: :lol:

Oct 20, 2015
If Holloway comes to League 1/2 Home Park I will eat my hat. There is nowhere near enough money to pay him or get the squad he'd want. I would love him or Warnock but realistically we are looking at just two outcomes:

A) DA for the next three years or,
B) DA does the honourable thing and resigns, and Hallett finds a nobody manager from Scottish League 1, Serie C or (more likely) USA league no hopers.

GreenAllOver":cms76ctj said:
Wonder what Alan Curbishley is doing these days? He has credentials of good football and building a team to progress through the leagues. or Nigel Pearson, It was his team that one the prem really and does not take any nonsense. Would either come to us, probably not but lets look forward with ambition. :scarf:
Nigel Pearson would be a dream appointment in my opinion. When I checked earlier in the season he was managing in the second tier in Holland or Belgium, at a club also owned by king power!
He build a great team starting in league 1 the rest being history.
I think hollowords should be allowed to right his wrongs....best football I have seen argyle play. Heady days 12/13 years ago away at stoke - played them off the pitch :cool: :scarf:

Jul 3, 2006
We should be trying to find the next version of Nathan Jones or the Cowley brothers at Lincoln, maybe looking to another country like Norwich and Barnsley have done.

Not necessarily someone that us fans have heard of but an up and comer with good coaching credentials, some forward-thinking ideas and an inspiring personality.

It's something that should be done in a considered and thorough manner with a proper recruitment and interview process. Not over a couple of days with an eye on the Scunthorpe game.

For that, I think more or less any fresh face will do. The team has completely imploded and is no longer playing for Adams (and coaches). A triumvirate of Guardiola, Klopp and Pochettino wouldn't be able to radically transform anything over such a short space of time but a change might at least lift morale and jolt the players out of the current slump. Kevin Hodges is probably the obvious choice.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Adam":3stcgwmn said:
So if Adams does actually go, who do you think would make a decent replacement?

Fantasy appointment for me would be Gary Johnson but I think he’s having to much fun at Torquay to leave.

Sensible appointment would probably be Keith Hill, he’s unattached and has history with the Club.

Most realistic appointment, because we would have spent a lot of money on the Grandstand and releasing Adams, would be Paul Wotton.
Adams in for me. I doubt anybody else will do any better and it's not worth the financial risk seeing as we have no money.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Mark Warburton, Holloway or dare i say it, Steve Evans.

Deffo not Gary Johnson and certainly not Wotton.

Lgm

Mar 15, 2017
Surrey
I think Steve Evans would love the Argyle job so he might wait and see what the developments are at Home Park. I mentioned a long while ago that I would like to see Gareth Ainsworth or John Coleman be given the job.

Sep 25, 2010
KFA":3lxaj60s said:
I would rather keep DA than let Holloway anywhere near our club again. Which shows how much distaste I have for Holloway rather than support for Derek.

Totally 100% agree

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
Andy Morrison frgom the Welsh prem league. Ex argyle leg end ex man city leg end etc etc should be part of any new management/coaching structure. He would certainly shake things up. Assuming he would be interested mod course