Plymouth Argyle's new manager? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle's new manager?

Who do you want? New poll 25 May

• Ian Holloway

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Michael Flynn

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Keith Hill

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adam Sadler

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Warren Joyce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Ryan Lowe

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Are we talking about a replacement for a one off game or long term?

For a one off game it needs to be someone with inspiration and available so Ian Holloway would be my choice.
Long term - who knows.

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
At this precise moment it doesn't matter who the next Manager will be.

If Adams hadn't already lost the changing room he surely has now. There was probably an almighty bust after the match today involving Adams and the players and I dare say Argyle will have to buy a new tea set for Accrington.

Despite today, we still have a chance next week.

So why not get Kevin Hodges and a couple of the senior players like Fox and Carey to prepare the team this week and ask them to give it everything to win the last game.

They will not play for Adams anymore so what have we got to lose?

Aug 11, 2013
What was the season we appointed a football advisor which made the managerā€™s job impossible. Can remember being at Wycombe singing ā€˜something something ā€˜Football Advisorā€™. Might be the way to go next week workout a formal sacking?

Feb 23, 2008
Is Jones still struggling at Stoke? Just another name to throw into the hat.

We will probably just end up with DA staying.

Mar 18, 2006
Holloway to motivate for a week and lift the players and fans ahead of the biggest game in years .
Never thought I would say that !

Aug 11, 2013
What was the season we appointed a football advisor which made the managerā€™s job impossible. Can remember being at Wycombe singing ā€˜something something ā€˜Football Advisorā€™. Might be the way to go next week workout a formal sacking?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Lot of bad suggestions in this thread. Let's hope Simon Hallett has better judgment.

Darren Moore is a very interesting shout. Would love Coughlan too.

Steve Clarke is doing excellent work at Kilmarnock. Gary Rowett currently available too.

For a cheaper option, Michael Flynn is doing a really great job at Newport, but I do wonder if that's just the perfect environment for him.

Mar 26, 2004
Wonder what Alan Curbishley is doing these days? He has credentials of good football and building a team to progress through the leagues. or Nigel Pearson, It was his team that one the prem really and does not take any nonsense. Would either come to us, probably not but lets look forward with ambition. :scarf:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Johndelve":37k12wgx said:
Holloway to motivate for a week and lift the players and fans ahead of the biggest game in years .
Never thought I would say that !

Exactly my thoughts too - and I also never thought I'd say that!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Nobby":2d7r92vw said:
Darren Moore is a very interesting shout.

Iā€™m missing something here. Why?

Heā€™s a WBA legend and did ā€˜OKā€™ with a Premier League squad in the Championship. Thatā€™s about it.

Again... forget all the usual names, we have to think outside the box and go foreign, in my opinion.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Only way we'll get a result next Sat is if DA has gone. The players will then have something to play for

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Biggs":1xbyxr0j said:
Nobby":1xbyxr0j said:

Heā€™s a WBA legend and did ā€˜OKā€™ with a Premier League squad in the Championship. Thatā€™s about it.

Again... forget all the usual names, we have to think outside the box and go foreign, in my opinion.

It might be difficult (impossible even) to get a manager to come to the club from Europe though...

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Biggs":3pbutwzl said:
Nobby":3pbutwzl said:

He was doing more than OK. Was PL manager of the month with a dire squad for that level. Then was doing a good job in the champ before he was harshly sacked. He also started his career in this area, so knows what the challenges are like.

How is Darren Moore one of the usual names? He wasn't even managing until this time last year!

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Maybe there is a candidate in the USA somewhere. Hallett might like to build up the transatlantic connection with a view to enticing some rich American investor to join or replace him on the Board.