Plymouth Argyle's new manager? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle's new manager?

Who do you want? New poll 25 May

• Ian Holloway

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Michael Flynn

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Keith Hill

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adam Sadler

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Warren Joyce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Ryan Lowe

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters
Jul 13, 2006
Jimmytheoneo":261jkazs said:
Andy Morrison frgom the Welsh prem league. Ex argyle leg end ex man city leg end etc etc should be part of any new management/coaching structure. He would certainly shake things up. Assuming he would be interested mod course

Yes, and if anyone argues with him he could bite their ear off.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
This whole club needs a lift. There are plenty of ex managers, sacked managers and miserable managers looking for work.

Holloway pee'd us all off, culminating in a wonderful day out at Leicester a few months after. However there is no doubt that, along with Ciderman, I felt he actually had the best connection with the fans and the city.

Whatever happens next Saturday, either league, we need someone to put a smile back around the place as well as on the pitch.

Adams has lost the fans, if not the players, so, as someone has said - he is toast now.

Give Ollie the job next season.

Sep 25, 2010
Holloway

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no. No. No.no, no. No. A thousand times no.

Warnock

Ditto

Evans

Ditto

A good young up and coming manager for me, somebody the likes of Eddie Howe (somebody similar to him).

May 1, 2011
Martyn":ifk43350 said:
Holloway

Warnock

Ditto

Evans

Ditto

A good young up and coming manager for me, somebody the likes of Eddie Howe (somebody similar to him).

I can't understand your preference for Adams over Warnock. Look at their 2 CVs it's a man against a boy.

Sep 21, 2003
KFA":120xc58v said:
I would rather keep DA than let Holloway anywhere near our club again.

:iagree:

That man shouldn't even be considered. Although, I'd save a lot of money on not going for as long as he was manager!

G

giftedsteak

Honestly I would be ok with Holloway as he may want to finish what he started when he left all those years ago. To be quite honest the last time we had any success is when he was at the helm (not forgetting the great job Adams and the team did last season though)

Sep 25, 2010
Bristol Rich":2qo32ucg said:
Martyn":2qo32ucg said:
Holloway

Warnock

Ditto

Evans

Ditto

I can't understand your preference for Adams over Warnock. Look at their 2 CVs it's a man against a boy.

Where does it say, I prefer Adams over Warnock, it it a Adams replacement thread.

May 1, 2011
Martyn":t612sl5t said:
Bristol Rich":t612sl5t said:
Martyn":t612sl5t said:
Holloway

Warnock

Ditto

Evans

Ditto

Where does it say, I prefer Adams over Warnock, it it a Adams replacement thread.

Fair enough but I'd bite your hand off for Warnock at Home Park.

Warnock has reached a level Adams never will.

Mar 14, 2009
Why do we circulate names that have had many chances?

Holloway is nostalgia choice because we did well when he was here. Didn’t Sturrock mark II tell us anything? Never go back. It’s never the same. I can’t think of too many managers who had a great first stint and came back to have just as good, or even better second stint. I’m sure there is probably one out there but there are loads of examples from other clubs where this scenario this hasn’t worked.

Someone said Sol Campbell. Not a bad choice. Yet then l reminded myself of Paul Ince at Macclesfield. Saved them in similar fashion to what Sol Campbell is doing at the same club. I think it’s a season maybe too early.

I would like to see a manager with a philosophy of pressing. Be a team on the front foot. I don’t care if they are young or old. I would also like to see someone who will help develop and introduce one or two of the youth team into the squad, better than what Adams has done since being here. What l mean by that is not just playing them because of poor form or injuries (eg Jephcott) and then relegating them back to the bench but actually giving them a chance on merit.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Trevor_Scallan":3od8jsz1 said:
KFA":3od8jsz1 said:

That man shouldn't even be considered. Although, I'd save a lot of money on not going for as long as he was manager!

Ditto. The man's a grade 1 plum.

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":zooxiv89 said:
Trevor_Scallan":zooxiv89 said:
KFA":zooxiv89 said:

Agreed , did the dirty on us last time, by the way, wasn’t he going to sue Stapleton ?

Also, for the life on me, why are some suggesting Evans, wasn’t he convicted when he was manager at Scarborough? I

Apr 4, 2004
Keith Hill for me. He knows us, he knows the league, is available, likes his teams to play nice football.

Or scour the country for a young overachieving manager.

Jul 6, 2005
Why do so many people seem to think that the candidates can only be a previous Manager?

Whoever it might be, assuming we actually are looking for a new Manager, there is absolutely no chance of it being Holloway, ditto Warnock. I doubt it will be Keith Hill either.

I am sure I read that Holloway is very settled living in London near to his family and in particular, his grandchildren. So stop obsessing either way, it’s not going to be him.

Personally, I’d go for Steve Evans but that’s not going to happen either.

May 1, 2011
Martyn":1ohq4c25 said:
IJN":1ohq4c25 said:
Trevor_Scallan":1ohq4c25 said:
KFA":1ohq4c25 said:

Agreed , did the dirty on us last time, by the way, wasn’t he going to sue Stapleton ?

Also, for the life on me, why are some suggesting Evans, wasn’t he convicted when he was manager at Scarborough? I

Didn't stop the board hiring a guy who whacked a player when he was Ross County manager. Pretty yobbish behaviour you could argue.

TBH I'd just sack Adams now and just concentrate solely on next Saturday. Then we can look towards a long term solution. A new fresh face would be good.

Jun 2, 2016
Before we pick out names, shouldn't we list the qualities we want? Then see who has them?
Must move to Devon.
Engages with fans and unlikely to boycott media or show bunker mentality.
Proven record of nurturing youth players.
Proven record in L1 L2 transfer market.
Willing to attack opposition even after going a goal up.

Personally I'd be up for a relatively unknown, fresh, enthusiastic manager. The youth aspect is very important as its the only way we'll compete long term.

Adams out now, put Wotton in charge for 1 game, pick the manager soon after