Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
He would be, if he wasn't too expensive. However we have to be a bit cuter in selecting our targets , and realistic as to who we might get. Looking at those who scored a lot of goals in our league last season isn't often going to be viable. Stockton is a northerner, 28 years old, in contract, and will attract a significant fee from one of the many clubs sniffing around him. Is that the sort of player that we are likely to go for? Would be pay a fee for someone his age? Could we match the salary that other clubs offer? Stockton won't be playing in green next season, except possibly at Hibernian.
I get that, I know its unrelestic

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
He would be, if he wasn't too expensive. However we have to be a bit cuter in selecting our targets , and realistic as to who we might get. Looking at those who scored a lot of goals in our league last season isn't often going to be viable. Stockton is a northerner, 28 years old, in contract, and will attract a significant fee from one of the many clubs sniffing around him. Is that the sort of player that we are likely to go for? Would be pay a fee for someone his age? Could we match the salary that other clubs offer? Stockton won't be playing in green next season, except possibly at Hibernian.
I agree. Cole Stockton also goes against our policy to only pay transfer fees for players that have a sell on value. Stockton doesn’t fit that criteria. Not for me thanks.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth

Long shot but not having much luck in France, would think schuey would know about him.
Good find signals past , young tall left footed striker , who was/is a good prospect , though I think the article is a year old as Hornby left Everton in July 2020. Has had very little football over last 2 years and will be 23 in September, I would think the coming season will be quite important for him . As you say Schuey and more likely Dewsnip would probably be aware of him.

Jul 12, 2016
With all these suggestions of players I wonder if anybody at Argyle ever check some of them out?. Maybe a longshot but even if the fans helped to find one "wee nugget" it could be worthwhile

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Good find signals past , young tall left footed striker , who was/is a good prospect , though I think the article is a year old as Hornby left Everton in July 2020. Has had very little football over last 2 years and will be 23 in September, I would think the coming season will be quite important for him . As you say Schuey and more likely Dewsnip would probably be aware of him.
He would need to be trialled in my opinion before a signature taken. It would need to be against Bristol City OR Torquay rather than the likes of Truro or Parkway.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
He would need to improve his goal scoring record significantly to be of any interest.

1653906985019.png

Reactions: Railway sleeper
Jul 28, 2020
He would need to improve his goal scoring record significantly to be of any interest.

View attachment 4202
Hornby has good potential- but will it ever be realised ? It’s a good spot , but he’s vastly inexperienced- and at 23 has only played 33 senior games. We’ve tried this type before- Tafari Moore and Ashley smith- brown.

For my money Mikael Mandron is much more the type we go for. Completely of the radar, as many successful Argyle signings tend to be. And Crewe wanted to keep him , but we’re unable to persuade him to stay. I like that. Very reminiscent of some successful signings in the past ( Matt Doumbe from Hibs).

Mandron 27, has played 236 senior games, scoring 46 goals.

I also like Connor Mcgrandles ( Lincoln)who has recently rejected the club’s attempts to persuade him to sign a new contract..

Aug 17, 2005
Reading the Preston site I see that Alex neal tried to sign him from Everton for them. So maybe Sunderland will be interested in him

Feb 8, 2022
Hornby looked like a model pro at Scotland U21 level, I spotted him in a few games I watched and he sent a few bullets into the net. However, he did look a bit of a wreck on loan at Aberdeen and apparently they were not happy with the way he trained up there.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Alan Forrest is out of contract at Livingston - been offered a new one but not signed yet. Would be a good option to add to our strike-force. He plays best just off the front one or two, bit of pace, bags of skill and scores goals.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Hornby looked like a model pro at Scotland U21 level, I spotted him in a few games I watched and he sent a few bullets into the net. However, he did look a bit of a wreck on loan at Aberdeen and apparently they were not happy with the way he trained up there.

I think Hornbys nickname at Aberdeen was 'Hi-Tec'. He was a rubbish trainer. ;)