Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

May 22, 2006
For those who have missed it on the Football forum, Lapado has signed for Ipswich. Don’t think there was ever any possibility of him coming back to Argyle and don’t think this improves Ipswich’s chances of promotion.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Jun 27, 2019
For those who have missed it on the Football forum, Lapado has signed for Ipswich. Don’t think there was ever any possibility of him coming back to Argyle and don’t think this improves Ipswich’s chances of promotion.
Well he's twice helped Rotherham get promoted from this league so I'm not sure why you'd say that.

Reactions: Superguy and Justin

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

Quite pleased to hear Ladapo has gone to one of the favs for promotion in L1. He’s disruptive and his pluses don’t outweigh his negatives for me.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Ladapo's arrival will probably mean Joe Pigott leaving after his limited playing time last season , could be worth a look either on loan or permanently if we could afford his wages .

Reactions: RKB
Oct 14, 2015
Well he's twice helped Rotherham get promoted from this league so I'm not sure why you'd say that.
It’s not just what he does on the pitch that can either help his team win promotion or not. If he creates a toxic atmosphere in and around the club then this to would effect performances on the pitch and around the place as well. Judging on several regular posters who know more than I do about his behaviour whilst at Argyle I’d rather he came nowhere near HP ever again.

Sep 2, 2008
It’s not just what he does on the pitch that can either help his team win promotion or not. If he creates a toxic atmosphere in and around the club then this to would effect performances on the pitch and around the place as well. Judging on several regular posters who know more than I do about his behaviour whilst at Argyle I’d rather he came nowhere near HP ever again.
A good manager would use that to their advantage just as I believe Warne did.

You’re at your strongest as a team when you have a common enemy.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Agree with Balham , short term it’s probably a good signing for Ipswich. If he gets them promotion they could look to move him on the following season if is behaviour gets disruptive.

Jun 27, 2019
Why are you taking what's said on here as gospel? I'd rather look at the evidence - that he's scored goals for Rotherham in two promotion-winning seasons.

Even if he was a bad apple down here, maybe our manager back then didn't handle him properly? Maybe he was unsettled? Maybe he had personal problems at the time?

Maybe it was all just a storm in a teacup?

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Ladapo's arrival will probably mean Joe Pigott leaving after his limited playing time last season , could be worth a look either on loan or permanently if we could afford his wages

Ladapo's arrival will probably mean Joe Pigott leaving after his limited playing time last season , could be worth a look either on loan or permanently if we could afford his wages .
Was a handful for AFC Wimbledon but hasn't broken through at Ipswich. A new start at Argyle might be just what he's looking for.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Dec 30, 2020
Why are you taking what's said on here as gospel? I'd rather look at the evidence - that he's scored goals for Rotherham in two promotion-winning seasons.

Even if he was a bad apple down here, maybe our manager back then didn't handle him properly? Maybe he was unsettled? Maybe he had personal problems at the time?

Maybe it was all just a storm in a teacup?

It's more or less exactly as you say. Third or fourth hand exaggerations of unbelievably trifling events that happen at every club, told from one side of the story and repeated hysterically by people who don't really understand football or footballers.

It is a hyper competitive sport, with hyper competitive young men (often from quite difficult backgrounds), high on adrenaline, playing for their livelihoods in front of a baying crowd. If you've ever played for a pub team you'll know that the kind of incidents Ladapo was supposedly involved in are absolute ten a penny if you lose a few games on the bounce, and of course the pressure is magnified a million times over in the pro game.

He is a bit of a hothead who doesn't react well to losing or being dropped, but if managing players like that wasn't part and parcel of football it would be a three-a-side game. Can you imagine the likes of Roy Keane or Cristiano Ronaldo going round the changing room shaking everybody's hand and saying 'jolly good effort' whenever they lose a game?

The aspects of Ladapo's spell with Argyle that are pertinent to his move to Ipswich aren't silly rumours about minor strops that most involved will have forgotten in minutes, but the fact he scored 19 goals for a really rubbish team. If Ipswich are able to afford players with his record we will be doing extremely well to finish above them again.