Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 28 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Agree with Balham , short term it’s probably a good signing for Ipswich. If he gets them promotion they could look to move him on the following season if is behaviour gets disruptive.

I disagree - Ipswich signing Ladapo on a 3 year contract is naive. If he's disruptive in his first season (given he has form for doing so previously at both Argyle and Rotherham) Ipswich will have a problem trying to move Ladapo on - no-one will pay a transfer fee for him for a disruptive player, and for Ipswich to pay off his 3 year contract will probably cost quite a lot of money given his wages ae probably quite expensive. Also Ladapo will be 30 years old in Feb 2023 so will he be the same player as he's getting older? Seems like Ipswich are taking a calculated gamble on getting promoted this season, which could backfire if they don't.

So glad he's not signing for us personally.

Nov 18, 2011
A track record of scoring goals will always get you a good deal somewhere despite the dodgy character references.
Kieran McKenna clearly fancies himself to get the best out of Ladapo on the pitch and be able to manage him off the pitch, best of luck to him.

A three year deal is puzzling, maybe the plan is for him to score loads of goals in the first season and then move him on for a good fee?

His signing means that Joe Piggott is probably available and he's a striker I like and would offer us something different. He's outside of the usual age range we target and he may not have much in the way of resale though.

Reactions: Penmaster

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I disagree - Ipswich signing Ladapo on a 3 year contract is naive. If he's disruptive in his first season (given he has form for doing so previously at both Argyle and Rotherham) Ipswich will have a problem trying to move Ladapo on - no-one will pay a transfer fee for him for a disruptive player, and for Ipswich to pay off his 3 year contract will probably cost quite a lot of money given his wages ae probably quite expensive. Also Ladapo will be 30 years old in Feb 2023 so will he be the same player as he's getting older? Seems like Ipswich are taking a calculated gamble on getting promoted this season, which could backfire if they don't.

So glad he's not signing for us personally.
Don't Ipswich ALWAYS take a calculated gamble on getting promoted each season? They just do the sums wrong.

Jul 12, 2016
Agree with Balham , short term it’s probably a good signing for Ipswich. If he gets them promotion they could look to move him on the following season if is behaviour gets disruptive.
So bring back a character who was allegedly disruptive into a team without ”kn. bh..ds” ! Ladapo thinks he is better than he really is hence the reason he is remaining in division one which he probably didn’t expect when he asked for a transfer.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Wouldn’t have thought he was quick enough at Championship level.

For which position?

It's not just about pace, he's got quality - a good finish, set-piece ability, good age.

Definitely capable of playing at Championship level imo.

I think it's easy to overestimate the Championship, but League 1 is considered especially strong at the moment, and I'd say he's one of its better players.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Can you agree deals in advance for players that are under contract though?
I may be wrong, and often am, but I believe the Bosman ruling said 6 months before a contract runs out.
Otherwise the poaching club needs to make an official approach, or it’s an illegal approach.
I’d be confident with Law taking over, should the need arise.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Be brilliant if we get a fee for C Grant.

A solid player, but has no pace / not energetic enough to be a LWB.

I think Lowe would surely be looking for better in that position based on the fact we need better.

Reactions: elburtontrev

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Wouldn’t have thought he was quick enough at Championship level.
Agree Not good enough for that level. If he had been blessed with pace, he would probably never have left Everton. But even if bench-warming, he will be closer to his family and his roots.