Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
How about Mikael Mandron who is leaving Crewe at the end of his contract. At 6ft 3 he certainly fits the target man criteria that some people think we need..

May 22, 2006
Just noticed Jerome Opoku is a free agent....I know he was in a defence that leaked goals...but remember he had some absolutely barn storming games....With better players around him..might be worth a punt.....only 22yrs too...
Preston supposedly interested.

Apr 1, 2009
Just noticed Jerome Opoku is a free agent....I know he was in a defence that leaked goals...but remember he had some absolutely barn storming games....With better players around him..might be worth a punt.....only 22yrs too...
We have 5 CBs for3 positions. Why do we need another?

Reactions: saxman and Tugboat

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

I thought Opoku was raw but certainly did show some ability at times. Maybe a decent signing as a back up CB..

Apr 1, 2009
I thought Opoku was raw but certainly did show some ability at times. Maybe a decent signing as a back up CB..
I'll ask you the same question. Given that we have 5 CBs, do you feel we need a 6th? I believe we are covered there, and that our recruitment should be focussed on other areas. Don't see the point of stockpiling players who are not going to play, and not even get much meaningful football due to our lack of a reserve team. I think Opoku will have better options that being or 6th choice CB.

Reactions: Drakey
Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
I'll ask you the same question. Given that we have 5 CBs, do you feel we need a 6th? I believe we are covered there, and that our recruitment should be focussed on other areas. Don't see the point of stockpiling players who are not going to play, and not even get much meaningful football due to our lack of a reserve team. I think Opoku will have better options that being or 6th choice CB.
Or maybe 2nd choice CB when Scarr and Bolton get big money moves... Anything could happen in the summer 😝

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We had 6 CB’s last season, with Crichlow on loan. I thought Lowe then Shuey stated they look to have 2 players per position and Bolton was meant to be brought in to compete with Wilson for the RCB position and Galloway and Gillesphey for the LCB position. There wasn’t 2 players for the centre CB, so my view was that someone like Opoku could be back up for that perhaps.

I take your point tho, do we need 6 CB’s…?? perhaps not but when we’ve not injuries or suspensions…

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
He was part of a dreadful Vejle side that got relegated from the Danish premier league. Conceding 60 goals in 32 games. Not good for a centre back to be in a team leaking goals 2 seasons on the trot is it?

Reactions: jthep

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
How about Mikael Mandron who is leaving Crewe at the end of his contract. At 6ft 3 he certainly fits the target man criteria that some people think we need..
Now this one strikes me as the sort of signing we will be looking to make. I'd be surprised if we didn't have an interest here.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

Good shout. He played in the same Fleetwood team as Schumacher in 2014.
The outgoing words from the Crewe club website say he was a good presence in the dressing room and a leader.