PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams.

H

HPRJohn

I really don't have a problem with Derek Adams sticking to his guns and answering questions in an arsey manner!

How many of you are saying you would stand up in front of 100 - 150 strangers (I'm guessing I have no clue how many will go) and be criticised on how you are doing your job (by people with no qualifications to do your job) and react in any other way?? I'm in a degree educated profession with a requirement for hours of CPD per year in order to practice. If I had some ley person on the street telling me how to do my job I'd react negatively as well - why should I take their criticism on board...

I hope it doesn't become a witch hunt and any questions are put forward respectfully otherwise don't start complaining if the response isn't polite!!

Oct 16, 2016
Sycophantic nonsense is not useful to anyone at this stage,polite and considered questions is the required approach

He’s doesn’t need smoke blown up his proverbial he’d already eat himself is he were chocolate.

Oct 16, 2016
HPRJohn":339ytpgk said:
I really don't have a problem with Derek Adams sticking to his guns and answering questions in an arsey manner!

How many of you are saying you would stand up in front of 100 - 150 strangers (I'm guessing I have no clue how many will go) and be criticised on how you are doing your job (by people with no qualifications to do your job) and react in any other way?? I'm in a degree educated profession with a requirement for hours of CPD per year in order to practice. If I had some ley person on the street telling me how to do my job I'd react negatively as well - why should I take their criticism on board...

I hope it doesn't become a witch hunt and any questions are put forward respectfully otherwise don't start complaining if the response isn't polite!!

I am a chartered practitioner, i had to complete IPD have a peer review (panel of three) and a commensurate level of CPD each year to maintain my chartered status.

I was audited this week by a far less well qualified person, to maintain an accredited ISO standard....

Qualifications are a constituent part of competency, merely

Jul 12, 2016
HPRJohn,some of the thickest people I know are graduates A lot of them have a lot in common with DA, no common sense! Theory does not always work in practice.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Another good evening at the Cornish meeting DA on top form.

Apr 29, 2016
Jimmytheoneo":2n5dg1sz said:
I hope someone asks him why he got rid of Craig Brewster
Without knowing all the facts, I think he was dismissed in a poor manner

You admit to not knowing all the facts but feel that you’re still qualified to make a judgement. Which manager would discuss a dismissal, I certainly wouldn’t.

May 8, 2011
philmeboots":2ld4tca7 said:
Jimmytheoneo":2ld4tca7 said:
I hope someone asks him why he got rid of Craig Brewster
Without knowing all the facts, I think he was dismissed in a poor manner

You admit to not knowing all the facts but feel that you’re still qualified to make a judgement. Which manager would discuss a dismissal, I certainly wouldn’t.

Brewster wasn’t dismissed, his contract wasn’t renewed.

Apr 29, 2016
Quite correct, but the original poster used the word dismissed. You still wouldn’t discuss the matter whether it was a dismissal or non renewal of contract with anyone other than the employee.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Top three raffle prizes won by Mike (Dunlop) Nik and I. :lol:

Sep 6, 2006
HPRJohn":1q65pg2t said:

If they were your paying customers don't they have thst right? Or do they just have to put up with the service you provide ?

Jun 2, 2016
Balham_Green":2c5lokyq said:
HPRJohn":2c5lokyq said:

If they were your paying customers don't they have thst right? Or do they just have to put up with the service you provide ?
He wasn't saying they don't have the right to ask. Just that it takes patience for him to listen to people criticising him when they understand alot less about his job than he does.