PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams. | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams.

Sep 6, 2006
HPRJohn":1s8uy03t said:
Balham_Green":1s8uy03t said:
the_corkscrew":1s8uy03t said:
Balham_Green":1s8uy03t said:
I really don't have a problem with Derek Adams sticking to his guns and answering questions in an arsey manner!

How many of you are saying you would stand up in front of 100 - 150 strangers (I'm guessing I have no clue how many will go) and be criticised on how you are doing your job (by people with no qualifications to do your job) and react in any other way?? I'm in a degree educated profession with a requirement for hours of CPD per year in order to practice. If I had some ley person on the street telling me how to do my job I'd react negatively as well - why should I take their criticism on board...

I hope it doesn't become a witch hunt and any questions are put forward respectfully otherwise don't start complaining if the response isn't polite!!

If they were your paying customers don't they have thst right? Or do they just have to put up with the service you provide ?

He wasn't saying they don't have the right to ask. Just that it takes patience for him to listen to people criticising him when they understand alot less about his job than he does.

One person understood the general message in the post!!

Paying customers of course have that right but they don't have the right to be disrespectful and rude. If they are they certainly dont have the right to complain if the response matches that tone!

Like I say I hope the event was respectful and fair play to him for doing such an event when the chips are down.

You didn't mention about customers being rude and disrespectful. You suggested they didn't have the right to CRITICISE.
P.s. As degree educated (many of us are these days) guess you didn't learn to spell 'layperson'.!!

Read it again. I say a natural response to criticism from somebody not nearly as qualified as you would be to get arsey, something he is criticised for and put down as stubborness. I dont say they cant criticise at any point in the post, I just say I hope it is done respectfully.

My degree is in the sciences not English but I will take your criticism on board. It merely proves my point that many cant raise an issue with respect more to point score and try to be clever. :nworthy:

That was the tone of your post. And if you insist on coming on here and telling us how well qualified you are expect to be ribbed if you get basic spelling wrong! So you don't use English in a sciences degree?

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Balham_Green":3t10hlin said:
That was the tone of your post. And if you insist on coming on here and telling us how well qualified you are expect to be ribbed if you get basic spelling wrong! So you don't use English in a sciences degree?

Rather typical of fighting from a ridiculous standpoint to pick on a spelling error rather than debate the point. A point which has been made clearly and concisely enough for everyone else. But you continue to relish and enjoy your trollish role of chief pasoti argumentor. Itā€™s not like you have any other mode is it.

H

HPRJohn

jimbo_the_green":187ui4io said:
Balham_Green":187ui4io said:

Rather typical of fighting from a ridiculous standpoint to pick on a spelling error rather than debate the point. A point which has been made clearly and concisely enough for everyone else. But you continue to relish and enjoy your trollish role of chief pasoti argumentor. Itā€™s not like you have any other mode is it.

This.

There was no tone just drawing comparisons between professions and calling for respect. I'm surprised it drew such a reaction!

I do use English in a science degree but they tend to focus more on the logic and understanding. If you show that they tend to forgive the odd spelling mistake

Oct 16, 2016
jimbo_the_green":2gxr2rdg said:
Balham_Green":2gxr2rdg said:

Heā€™s harmless enough, stupid is as stupid does

I always enjoy the rise, whether itā€™s the sun in the morning or something else

PutneyPete

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
ā™£ļø PASALB Member
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
From https://www.facebook.com/Plymouth-Argyl ... 320389814/

Thanks to the 50 people (approx.) who made the wet and windy journey to Launceston Football Club tonight for our evening with Derek Adams. He was on good form and someone said to me afterwards that it was Derek's best of the four events he has done with us since he joined PAFC.
There's not enough time over the next few days to give a full summary (work, travel and Argyle at Charlton will keep me busy), but here are a few points Derek made tonight:
Argyle are currently training at Plymouth Albion.
Finances currently prevent Argyle joining a professional reserve team league, but they will try do so in the future.
Could not have hosted a home friendly this summer due to building works and the pitch not being ready. May have to change for next summer. Away friendlies would involve more travelling and cost.
Derek's budget not in the top half of League 1. Increase in budget partly eaten up by increased costs of improved new contracts for players.
Considered moving dugouts to Lyndhurst side but not practical as about 300 fans would have to move to different seats.
Derek did not visit Home Park until after he was appointed. He has not always shown players Home Park before they sign as some areas needed improvement, which may be small, but also costly.
James Brent has looked after our club for the last seven years. Hasn't spent more that club can afford. Expects this to continue under Simon Hallett.
Thanks again to all involved tonight, particularly Derek Adams.

May 16, 2016
Shankster":wr06lxqg said:
jimbo_the_green":wr06lxqg said:
Balham_Green":wr06lxqg said:

Heā€™s harmless enough, stupid is as stupid does

I always enjoy the rise, whether itā€™s the sun in the morning or something else

He's PASOTI's own little Seagull.