PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams.

C

CG1983

Balham_Green":277ymtes said:
CG1983":277ymtes said:
IJN":277ymtes said:
He got a good round of applause at the end.

PACSA members asked some searching questions and they were answered with honesty.
It was a decent turnout for a horrendous night weather wise.
All attendees were respectful, as these PACSA events always tend to be.

Respectful or sycophantic?
Respectful.
That's why I used the word.

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":2odkj5h2 said:
Genuine question. Anybody know what Adams coaching qualifications are?

Adams holds the UEFA Pro Licence, the highest ranked qualification in professional football, Kevin Nancekivell achieved this qualification last year.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":175229ly said:

Whether you're Pep Guardiola or Gary Johnson, all professional managers tend to hold the same level of qualification, usually a UEFA Pro License.

Mar 23, 2008
CG1983":k5ojxd2y said:
Balham_Green":k5ojxd2y said:
CG1983":k5ojxd2y said:
IJN":k5ojxd2y said:
He got a good round of applause at the end.

PACSA members asked some searching questions and they were answered with honesty.
It was a decent turnout for a horrendous night weather wise.
All attendees were respectful, as these PACSA events always tend to be.

Respectful or sycophantic?
Respectful.
That's why I used the word.
But that didn't suit and doom and gloom agenda, so he has to try and spin it that way.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":2fve6kz5 said:
Balham_Green":2fve6kz5 said:

Adams holds the UEFA Pro Licence, the highest ranked qualification in professional football, Kevin Nancekivell achieved this qualification last year.

Aren't there different levels?

Balham_Green":28hjtse8 said:
HC Green":28hjtse8 said:
Balham_Green":28hjtse8 said:

Aren't there different levels?

FA level 5 is the UEFA Pro http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/coach/courses/all-courses/the-fa-uefa-pro-licence

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":bsf6y9p7 said:
Balham_Green":bsf6y9p7 said:

Whether you're Pep Guardiola or Gary Johnson, all professional managers tend to hold the same level of qualification, usually a UEFA Pro License.
and anybody can get 'em as well

H

HPRJohn

Balham_Green":3imax2y6 said:
HPRJohn":3imax2y6 said:
the_corkscrew":3imax2y6 said:
Balham_Green":3imax2y6 said:
HPRJohn":3imax2y6 said:
I really don't have a problem with Derek Adams sticking to his guns and answering questions in an arsey manner!

How many of you are saying you would stand up in front of 100 - 150 strangers (I'm guessing I have no clue how many will go) and be criticised on how you are doing your job (by people with no qualifications to do your job) and react in any other way?? I'm in a degree educated profession with a requirement for hours of CPD per year in order to practice. If I had some ley person on the street telling me how to do my job I'd react negatively as well - why should I take their criticism on board...

I hope it doesn't become a witch hunt and any questions are put forward respectfully otherwise don't start complaining if the response isn't polite!!

If they were your paying customers don't they have thst right? Or do they just have to put up with the service you provide ?

He wasn't saying they don't have the right to ask. Just that it takes patience for him to listen to people criticising him when they understand alot less about his job than he does.

One person understood the general message in the post!!

Paying customers of course have that right but they don't have the right to be disrespectful and rude. If they are they certainly dont have the right to complain if the response matches that tone!

Like I say I hope the event was respectful and fair play to him for doing such an event when the chips are down.

You didn't mention about customers being rude and disrespectful. You suggested they didn't have the right to CRITICISE.
P.s. As degree educated (many of us are these days) guess you didn't learn to spell 'layperson'.!!

Read it again. I say a natural response to criticism from somebody not nearly as qualified as you would be to get arsey, something he is criticised for and put down as stubborness. I dont say they cant criticise at any point in the post, I just say I hope it is done respectfully.

My degree is in the sciences not English but I will take your criticism on board. It merely proves my point that many cant raise an issue with respect more to point score and try to be clever. :nworthy:

Oct 24, 2010
HPRJohn":1g5b2e5f said:
Balham_Green":1g5b2e5f said:
the_corkscrew":1g5b2e5f said:
Balham_Green":1g5b2e5f said:
I really don't have a problem with Derek Adams sticking to his guns and answering questions in an arsey manner!

How many of you are saying you would stand up in front of 100 - 150 strangers (I'm guessing I have no clue how many will go) and be criticised on how you are doing your job (by people with no qualifications to do your job) and react in any other way?? I'm in a degree educated profession with a requirement for hours of CPD per year in order to practice. If I had some ley person on the street telling me how to do my job I'd react negatively as well - why should I take their criticism on board...

I hope it doesn't become a witch hunt and any questions are put forward respectfully otherwise don't start complaining if the response isn't polite!!

If they were your paying customers don't they have thst right? Or do they just have to put up with the service you provide ?

He wasn't saying they don't have the right to ask. Just that it takes patience for him to listen to people criticising him when they understand alot less about his job than he does.

Paying customers of course have that right but they don't have the right to be disrespectful and rude. If they are they certainly dont have the right to complain if the response matches that tone!

Like I say I hope the event was respectful and fair play to him for doing such an event when the chips are down.

You didn't mention about customers being rude and disrespectful. You suggested they didn't have the right to CRITICISE.
P.s. As degree educated (many of us are these days) guess you didn't learn to spell 'layperson'.!!

Read it again. I say a natural response to criticism from somebody not nearly as qualified as you would be to get arsey, something he is criticised for and put down as stubborness. I dont say they cant criticise at any point in the post, I just say I hope it is done respectfully.

My degree is in the sciences not English but I will take your criticism on board. It merely proves my point that many cant raise an issue with respect more to point score and try to be clever. :nworthy:
Balham has been unsuccessfully trying hard to be clever for a long time.

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":3o5bcocm said:
HPRJohn":3o5bcocm said:
the_corkscrew":3o5bcocm said:
Balham_Green":3o5bcocm said:

Balham has been unsuccessfully trying hard to be clever for a long time.[/quote]

Unlike you who clearly haven't been trying at all.

Mar 14, 2009
I honestly donā€™t think itā€™s just a player recruitment issue.

Adams talks on Twitter about taking our chances. More alarmingly lm looking how poor our defence is.

Last week end nobody needed stats to ask many times, well on earth were the full backs as wide left and right there weā€™re humongous amounts of space with sometimes nobody marking the Blackpool player.

This isnā€™t a ā€œthis seasonā€ thing. It was a last year thing eg Charlton away and the season before that...etc...unfortunately there are things which make Argyle easy to score against.

The lack of a team press for a start. The way we concede ground without even challenging. You donā€™t need fancy stats to of seen this throughout Adams tenure.

Maybe he will survive all this. Maybe he will go on to be our best manager ever, stats wise. However, we are a league one team with limited chances of each season gaining promotion. This means that as a supporter you want to see attacking football and creating chances. Adams misses another stat. How many times did we force the opposition keeper make a save. Against Blackpool it again wasnā€™t hardly any chances we created.

I donā€™t care if itā€™s long, direct, short, tiki taka style of football. I just want to see us play attacking football. Not be scared to score a 2nd goal when 1-0 up eg Wycombe and try and sit and hold onto a lead. We are league one football team. The least our club should look to be doing is playing a brand of football that makes you want to go to games and makes you excited. Sure it canā€™t happen every week, but under Adams football will always be pragmatic whether we win, lose or draw and lm afraid for me l ask myself if whatā€™s holding us back is the fear he has installed into Argyle over the past seasons by playing in a cautious, reactive manner.

Oct 16, 2016
Thatā€™s a fair comment, I havenā€™t been as vociferous in my musings relating to Adams until lately BUT Iā€™ve consistently expressed a dislike relating to his football brand

Itā€™s fine getting away with it, until you start losing

May 16, 2016
Moving aside from the squabbling on here, who said what and when, detailed analysis or Derek Adams CV and Badges, has anyone who actually went to the Meet, got any updates on what was said or the strength of questioning ?