PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hope you attend this one mate. Always best to say something to someone’s face.

Sep 28, 2003
London
I have a question for Derek, if someone can ask it - it sounds aggressive and arsey and don't really mean it to.

Why do we have a youth system, if our top young players don't get anywhere near the squad and we sign players deemed not good enough for other clubs to sit in front of them?

May 16, 2016
oldage":99ic2ob2 said:
I have already attended 2 PACSA get togethers to listen to DA. He is very good at answering questions from the floor.However like a politician he will never admit he is wrong. He makes you believe he knows what he's doing, the reality is somewhat different

Or Self Belief as it's sometimes known. At least he's confident in his own abilities, which is something I'd assume was the most basic of qualities required for professional Football management. .....even if it's not actually working out at present.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
A couple of years ago at a pacsa meeting with mr adams at bodmin I asked this question.As a plymouth fan im fed up with hearing that we have no money,so why dont we bring on our youth players and give them a chance,who knows they may go on and become good and generate some income to help take the club forward.Mr Adams seemed agitated by this as if I was criticising him and replyed if I want to support that type of club theres one up the road.I would rather see our youngsters be given a real chance ,not just 5 or 10-mins here and there and be told they were given the opportunity but failed.

Oct 16, 2016
Fair play to Adams for putting himself up front to speak to the fans after all it isn’t as if we pay his wage, pittance thoough my ST is in the bigger picture. Travel to Launceston this week? I couldn’t be arsed so I suppose I don’t deserve to have the option, albeit I have to work to earn the money I’m paying him that day.

It’s far easier to question anyone who questions his tenure but ultimately he will fall on his own sword and it is without doubt the ground swell of opinion, along with results, that sees the demise of managers

I’ll comment as I ALWAYS do regards players, owners and managers; they are simply custodians and employees, they are generally irrelvenat in the larger scheme of things other than the time they are receiving a wage, bonus or dividend during which time me I’m sure they are trying my their utmost, obviously.

Don’t get too passionate or protective of them, they pass through and are next weeks chip paper

Clubs are about those with vested interest in their hearts

Apr 30, 2017
I have always found DA comes across better at meets like these then in an interview with the press, I don't think he overly likes the press but I have definately seen DA is very good at these events.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Two questions.

1. From an outsiders objective position.... jam or cream first
2. Is it a sin to crimp a pasty on top

The burning issues never change, whoever is in charge

Aug 5, 2005
I would love to attend but as it's midweek and I'm 300 miles away, I hope I can be excused for not being there in person. But could I submit a question?

Why are we always so awful at the start of the season? Peterborough signed 18 players in the summer and are top 3. Yet we are bottom for the third season running. Why do we take so long to 'click?

Many thanks.

May 8, 2011
Quizmike":16k3uimq said:
I would love to attend but as it's midweek and I'm 300 miles away, I hope I can be excused for not being there in person. But could I submit a question?

Why are we always so awful at the start of the season? Peterborough signed 18 players in the summer and are top 3. Yet we are bottom for the third season running. Why do we take so long to 'click?

Many thanks.

Two seasons ago at this point of the season we were top of the league.

Aug 5, 2005
HC Green":2nqe91w7 said:
Quizmike":2nqe91w7 said:

Many thanks.

But we lost the first two games and were bottom. OK, it's only bottom after two games, but it's still losing at the start of the season, so the point is still valid.

May 8, 2011
Quizmike":3chw0vva said:
HC Green":3chw0vva said:
Quizmike":3chw0vva said:

Many thanks.

But we lost the first two games and were bottom. OK, it's only bottom after two games, but it's still losing at the start of the season, so the point is still valid.

Last year after 2 games we were 8th in the league. So was that a poor start?

Anyone who has ever asked or spoken to Adams about football will know that he is a walking encyclopaedia of facts and statistics on matches, players etc, so if you don’t get your facts right he will point out the inconsistency in your question and deflect any implied criticism of him that your question may have had.

Jul 12, 2016
IJN, I am certainly not afraid of questioning Adams in person. He is undoubtedly a very knowledgeable manager who analyses the game and imposes his beliefs on the team.However I believe that this is also his weakness and he only attends these meetings to excuse their failings and ultimately pay lip service to the fans

May 8, 2011
oldage":11v73mwk said:
IJN, I am certainly not afraid of questioning Adams in person. He is undoubtedly a very knowledgeable manager who analyses the game and imposes his beliefs on the team.However I believe that this is also his weakness and he only attends these meetings to excuse their failings and ultimately pay lip service to the fans

So you are saying that all the Q&A sessions with the Manager, Chairman, Directors or Club Officials aren’t worth doing because if they didn’t hold them, the Club would get criticised for hiding away from supporters.

May 16, 2016
oldage":8n39xxcy said:

......or, you just want him to agree that you're right and he's not, otherwise, what's the point ?

Sep 6, 2006
Guiri Green":3i8cbv8z said:
oldage":3i8cbv8z said:
I have already attended 2 PACSA get togethers to listen to DA. He is very good at answering questions from the floor.However like a politician he will never admit he is wrong. He makes you believe he knows what he's doing, the reality is somewhat different

Or Self Belief as it's sometimes known. At least he's confident in his own abilities, which is something I'd assume was the most basic of qualities required for professional Football management. .....even if it's not actually working out at present.

Fine line between self belief & arrogance.