PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams.

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":15twvaus said:
Adams has every right to stick together his guns because he’s the manager, we can ask the questions but can’t assuage the answers

He ultimately succeeds or fails by his decisions, and he WILL fail

Most managers fail ultimately. Would be nice to watch some decent football whilst failing though.

May 8, 2011
oldage":23l87rwt said:
HC Green, DA is stubborn and fans can question him as much as they like but he will never change. We may still be bottom of the table at Christmas but he knows he is in charge. For what its worth one of my questions would be " Are you the reason so many players are underperforming at the same time? "

Sorry but what is it that will never change?

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":8vhc7ah0 said:
Shankster":8vhc7ah0 said:
Adams has every right to stick together his guns because he’s the manager, we can ask the questions but can’t assuage the answers

What a bizarre thing to say.

Ultimately results prevail and tables don’t lie

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":2cedfm5p said:
Biggs":2cedfm5p said:
Shankster":2cedfm5p said:

Tables don't lie after 46 games.

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":3gqsyfov said:
Shankster":3gqsyfov said:
Biggs":3gqsyfov said:
Shankster":3gqsyfov said:

Tables don't lie after 46 games.

In a wider and final perspective yes but it’s currently providing an accurate insight on performances and quality. Deserve to be where we are

Aug 5, 2005
HC Green":4gvnm469 said:
Quizmike":4gvnm469 said:
HC Green":4gvnm469 said:
Quizmike":4gvnm469 said:
I would love to attend but as it's midweek and I'm 300 miles away, I hope I can be excused for not being there in person. But could I submit a question?

Why are we always so awful at the start of the season? Peterborough signed 18 players in the summer and are top 3. Yet we are bottom for the third season running. Why do we take so long to 'click?

Many thanks.

Two seasons ago at this point of the season we were top of the league.

But we lost the first two games and were bottom. OK, it's only bottom after two games, but it's still losing at the start of the season, so the point is still valid.

Last year after 2 games we were 8th in the league. So was that a poor start?

Anyone who has ever asked or spoken to Adams about football will know that he is a walking encyclopaedia of facts and statistics on matches, players etc, so if you don’t get your facts right he will point out the inconsistency in your question and deflect any implied criticism of him that your question may have had.

Er...I got my facts right. I stated that we have been bottom of the table during the last three seasons. There is no disputing that.

I'm confused as to why you've gone on the attack, telling me to get my facts right when I have.

May 8, 2011
Quizmike":sw5j09ip said:
HC Green":sw5j09ip said:
HC Green":sw5j09ip said:
I would love to attend but as it's midweek and I'm 300 miles away, I hope I can be excused for not being there in person. But could I submit a question?

Why are we always so awful at the start of the season? Peterborough signed 18 players in the summer and are top 3. Yet we are bottom for the third season running. Why do we take so long to 'click?

Many thanks.

But we lost the first two games and were bottom. OK, it's only bottom after two games, but it's still losing at the start of the season, so the point is still valid.

Anyone who has ever asked or spoken to Adams about football will know that he is a walking encyclopaedia of facts and statistics on matches, players etc, so if you don’t get your facts right he will point out the inconsistency in your question and deflect any implied criticism of him that your question may have had.

Er...I got my facts right. I stated that we have been bottom of the table during the last three seasons. There is no disputing that.

I'm confused as to why you've gone on the attack, telling me to get my facts right when I have.

Wasn’t on the attack just pointing out that unlike what you said we weren’t awful at the start of last season as we were 8th after two games and the season before 1st after 8 games.

If you are changing your original statement to say we have been bottom of the league then I could counter that we have also been top of the league.

Sep 25, 2010
philevs":2y3ygmu7 said:
Martyn":2y3ygmu7 said:
philevs":2y3ygmu7 said:
If someone really is going to gather questions and ask them on behalf of those who can't attend, maybe this one could go in the pot:
"Why do you play a front man and not a goalscorer or striker, when we are creating lots of chances and not scoring goals?"

What a stupid and pathetic question.

Taylor is a striker/goalscorer
Lapado is striker/goalscorer

Why is it stupid and pathetic?
Do you not agree that both the above are being played as "front man", to hold the ball up and move it on to others? Do you see that as the same role as that of a striker/goalscorer?

No, as they’re are forwards, and both play as a striker and goalscorers, are you saying they are not supposed to score. ?

Aug 5, 2005
HC Green":28zocu1y said:
Quizmike":28zocu1y said:

Many thanks.

Wasn’t on the attack just pointing out that unlike what you said we weren’t awful at the start of last season as we were 8th after two games and the season before 1st after 8 games.

If you are changing your original statement to say we have been bottom of the league then I could counter that we have also been top of the league.

1) My original post, which you took the time to pick holes in, reads "we are bottom for the third season running". Could you explain how I am "changing my original statement to say we have been bottom of the league" when my original statement says exactly that?

2) Are you seriously saying we weren't awful at the start of 2017/18? We won 1 of our first 13 games. You think that's a good start??

3) What has being top in 16/17 to do with the team not gelling at the start of the season, which was the point of my original question?

Not that it matters, as Ian has said they aren't taking question so all of this is irrelevant and completely off-topic, but when someone tells me that I can't do stats, I have to respond.

Oct 5, 2013
Martyn":3thbkpm7 said:
philevs":3thbkpm7 said:
Martyn":3thbkpm7 said:
philevs":3thbkpm7 said:
If someone really is going to gather questions and ask them on behalf of those who can't attend, maybe this one could go in the pot:
"Why do you play a front man and not a goalscorer or striker, when we are creating lots of chances and not scoring goals?"

What a stupid and pathetic question.

Taylor is a striker/goalscorer
Lapado is striker/goalscorer

Why is it stupid and pathetic?
Do you not agree that both the above are being played as "front man", to hold the ball up and move it on to others? Do you see that as the same role as that of a striker/goalscorer?

No, as they’re are forwards, and both play as a striker and goalscorers, are you saying they are not supposed to score. ?

Of course it would be great if they scored, but DA keeps saying that the chances we're creating aren't being converted.

You're apparently saying that "striker" and "goalscorer" are different things, but I'm using them to mean one and the same thing ("strike" = "score a goal").
Both the players you named are being played as "frontmen", meaning "holdup players", so there's a lot less chance of them scoring, because that's not their primary role; they are there to gather in the (often long) balls humped to them, and lay it off to others.

That's why we need to have a striker, meaning a goalscorer, on the pitch!

Sep 28, 2003
London
CG1983":3l9i3l8s said:
Should be an interesting evening.

Looking forward to a good report yesterday if anyone is kind enough to oblige.

I've been to a couple of these before with Adams and they can sometimes be a bit, excuse me, bum-licky - with the current state of things perhaps that won't be the case tonight.