PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PACSA 20th September - Meet Derek Adams.

Mar 23, 2008
Shankster":grkbzjj9 said:
https://twitter.com/only1argyle/status/1043024290516324352?s=21

Utter garbage Adams
Just out of interest, what's he meant to say? Bearing in mind he's trying to keep morale high

H

HPRJohn

the_corkscrew":uuko295c said:
Balham_Green":uuko295c said:
HPRJohn":uuko295c said:
I really don't have a problem with Derek Adams sticking to his guns and answering questions in an arsey manner!

How many of you are saying you would stand up in front of 100 - 150 strangers (I'm guessing I have no clue how many will go) and be criticised on how you are doing your job (by people with no qualifications to do your job) and react in any other way?? I'm in a degree educated profession with a requirement for hours of CPD per year in order to practice. If I had some ley person on the street telling me how to do my job I'd react negatively as well - why should I take their criticism on board...

I hope it doesn't become a witch hunt and any questions are put forward respectfully otherwise don't start complaining if the response isn't polite!!

If they were your paying customers don't they have thst right? Or do they just have to put up with the service you provide ?

He wasn't saying they don't have the right to ask. Just that it takes patience for him to listen to people criticising him when they understand alot less about his job than he does.

One person understood the general message in the post!!

Paying customers of course have that right but they don't have the right to be disrespectful and rude. If they are they certainly dont have the right to complain if the response matches that tone!

Like I say I hope the event was respectful and fair play to him for doing such an event when the chips are down.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He got a good round of applause at the end.

PACSA members asked some searching questions and they were answered with honesty.

Jul 12, 2016
I also hope that the event was respectful and I have no doubt he answered questions with honesty. Shame nothing will change his stubbornness.

C

CG1983

IJN":3txmnncb said:

PACSA members asked some searching questions and they were answered with honesty.
It was a decent turnout for a horrendous night weather wise.
All attendees were respectful, as these PACSA events always tend to be.

Sep 6, 2006
HPRJohn":3s5iuogb said:
the_corkscrew":3s5iuogb said:
Balham_Green":3s5iuogb said:
HPRJohn":3s5iuogb said:
I really don't have a problem with Derek Adams sticking to his guns and answering questions in an arsey manner!

How many of you are saying you would stand up in front of 100 - 150 strangers (I'm guessing I have no clue how many will go) and be criticised on how you are doing your job (by people with no qualifications to do your job) and react in any other way?? I'm in a degree educated profession with a requirement for hours of CPD per year in order to practice. If I had some ley person on the street telling me how to do my job I'd react negatively as well - why should I take their criticism on board...

I hope it doesn't become a witch hunt and any questions are put forward respectfully otherwise don't start complaining if the response isn't polite!!

If they were your paying customers don't they have thst right? Or do they just have to put up with the service you provide ?

He wasn't saying they don't have the right to ask. Just that it takes patience for him to listen to people criticising him when they understand alot less about his job than he does.

One person understood the general message in the post!!

Paying customers of course have that right but they don't have the right to be disrespectful and rude. If they are they certainly dont have the right to complain if the response matches that tone!

Like I say I hope the event was respectful and fair play to him for doing such an event when the chips are down.

You didn't mention about customers being rude and disrespectful. You suggested they didn't have the right to CRITICISE.
P.s. As degree educated (many of us are these days) guess you didn't learn to spell 'layperson'.!!

Sep 6, 2006
CG1983":37swt9ft said:
IJN":37swt9ft said:

It was a decent turnout for a horrendous night weather wise.
All attendees were respectful, as these PACSA events always tend to be.

Respectful or sycophantic?

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":25tsa6dg said:
https://twitter.com/only1argyle/status/1043024290516324352?s=21

Utter garbage Adams

Even more worrying that we have a stato manager who is out of touch with reality.

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
philmeboots":18z20mru said:
Jimmytheoneo":18z20mru said:
I hope someone asks him why he got rid of Craig Brewster
Without knowing all the facts, I think he was dismissed in a poor manner

You admit to not knowing all the facts but feel that you’re still qualified to make a judgement. Which manager would discuss a dismissal, I certainly wouldn’t.

Which team are you manager of?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Oh dear!

On a scale of 1-10 of idiocy that’s a 19.