Our Manager | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our Manager

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
I am sure the club again has a succession plan in place already. Most clubs and businesses regularly review these so when a vacancy appears they can react and appoint quickly and based on logic and consideration and avoid an emotional impulse appointment.
Absolutely. My thread was entitled ‘succession planning’ but was rightly merged. I was more interested in who people saw as options IF there was a change.

That said I really think SS is here long term. Very long term

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If managers genuinely leave for bigger and better things I’m OK with it, for example if West Brom or Sheffield United or someone like that came in for Schumacher, but Preston just said to me that Lowe was itching to head back up north and it didn’t really matter who came in for him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think the only serious offer SS will have in the next year or 2 will be to an assistant job in the premier league.

I think he’s mentally capable and just lacks a bit more experience.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
If managers genuinely leave for bigger and better things I’m OK with it, for example if West Brom or Sheffield United or someone like that came in for Schumacher, but Preston just said to me that Lowe was itching to head back up north and it didn’t really matter who came in for him.

It was/is not that case, we all know why he went back up north. He would still be here in my opinion if the circumstances was different. Glad we’ve got Schumacher in charge

Schueys obvious pride in the job, in the Club and his total commitment to being here, sets him apart. He won't have everything go to plan, but he will find a way. I think he's genuinely the first manager I've had total faith in since Sturrock (and before him Waiters). He's earned our respect and I'm sure he wakes up every morning with his family, pinching himself. He has the best job and the best life he could imagine for himself, and he's made it a reality by his talent and hard work and dedication. Please stay and make history Steven. coyg
Dave Smith too I’d say.

Reactions: Iank and oldage
Jul 17, 2011
Don’t think it matters, unless it’s premier league or very top end championship, I don’t think there’s a chance he will go. He loves this club, he loves the fans and the player.

Hearsay removed by Site Admin. 👍
Yeah fair play… I tried to be as discreet as possible.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Schuey completely won me over in the Argyle podcast he did barely a week before Lowe scarpered. Well worth a listen if it's still available. He was relaxed, funny, thoughtful, articulate, and obviously very happy here. Without in any way bragging or 'dis-ing' RL it was obvious he was the thinker and Lowe the front man whose strength was the man-management side.

He modestly mocked himself for how he was constantly thinking about the game and found it hard to switch off .... he mentioned being told off by his wife for drawing team formations and patterns of play in the steam on the glass in the shower at home. 😆 He said how much he loved working with players and trying to come up with new training schemes ("sometimes they work, sometimes they don't").

What I particularly liked was the way he raved about the area - not just the city but the region. He was happy to name check pubs, restaurants and favourite spots he liked.... in sharp contrast to RL who said he would relocate but never did. When the news of RL going broke I wasn't that surprised but would have been totally shocked if Schuey had gone with him. He didn't of course. Talk about a 'silver lining' !!!... It worked out perfectly for us I reckon. Top man .... I sooo much want him to suceed.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Don’t think it matters, unless it’s premier league or very top end championship, I don’t think there’s a chance he will go. He loves this club, he loves the fans and the player.

Hearsay removed by Site Admin. 👍

I also think he knows there’s a good possibility that our American investors might be giving more money in the future and Argyle really are going places..

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

Shuey will pass Lowe on the way down at some point.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It was/is not that case, we all know why he went back up north. He would still be here in my opinion if the circumstances was different. Glad we’ve got Schumacher in charge

What circumstances ? if Plymouth was 150 miles north of where it is?

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Will be interesting to see how we deal with the inevitable offers, does SH have a plan to keep him in this case ? For me he needs to complete a project to get that confidence in his methods, getting us promoted would give him that. Then only if we had significant financial backing would he stay IMO.

Aug 8, 2013
If our manager is as intelligent as he seems, he will think twice or more about going
to a dysfunctional club that is living on past glories, has owners that know little
or anything about football, and/or has unrealistic expectations. The natives are
getting restless at Preston, and I think it very likely that Lowe will be looking for
work again before the season is out.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I know it’s early days but why not secure and reward SS for the good start with a new long term deal.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff