Our Manager | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our Manager

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
What a cracking manager we've got. I will say at first I had a few concerns about his appointment due to him never had the Manager role before. Learned football people did whisper he was the driving force behind Lowe.

However, the way he's conducted himself last season and now into this makes me now believe it was an inspired decision to give him the job.
It's not just the results we've had, it's the way we play. We have an identity and it's being recognised by bigger clubs prepared to lend us their future stars. If we played say like the Pulis sides did those players wouldn't want to come here.

In his interviews he's measured, thoughtful and insightful. His signings look very good based on what I've seen pre-season and Saturday. I know its a team effort and he has great support via Dewsnip and Parkinson but Schuey has really impressed me. This guy is destined for great things - and after yesterday's news there's absolutely no reason he can't achieve those great things here.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Under Lowe, we had a style of play, but under Schumacher I feel that we have a style of play mixed with a tactical and a shrewd edge as well, we’re a smarter outfit. We also have a manager who buys into Plymouth and whose primary aim isn’t to get back up North as soon as possible (I’m not bitter towards Lowe, I thank him for the job he did, I’m just happy with the way things have worked out).

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Under Lowe, we had a style of play, but under Schumacher I feel that we have a style of play mixed with a tactical and a shrewd edge as well, we’re a smarter outfit. Not to mention we have a manager whose primary aim isn’t to get back up North as soon as possible (I’m not bitter towards Lowe, I thank him for the job he did, I’m just happy with the way things have worked out).
Hes learnt from the end of last year...both in getting the squad bigger and better. And then going to the drawing board to design the plan B way of playing.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Under Lowe, we had a style of play, but under Schumacher I feel that we have a style of play mixed with a tactical and a shrewd edge as well, we’re a smarter outfit. We also have a manager who buys into Plymouth and whose primary aim isn’t to get back up North as soon as possible (I’m not bitter towards Lowe, I thank him for the job he did, I’m just happy with the way things have worked out).

Imo Preston ended up with the fairly charismatic communicator and we ended up with an astute manager.

And even better Preston paid us for this upgrade.

Last edited:

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I just hope when he has a bad run, that fans will keep faith.

Too many times the results make fans flip flop on opinions about the team. I think it’s important to look at the performances and how the team are playing.

Like if an Argyle team were playing well, creating chances but we weren’t being clinical enough is that the managers fault or the fact the players may not be good enough?

Are the same errors are being repeated? Like do people remember we had an issue on defensive set pieces for a while under Lowe. Eventually we turned the corner on that, but it’s these type of situations that point to if you have a pro active manager who can tackle situations when the arise.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
I just hope when he has a bad run, that fans will keep faith.

Too many times the results make fans flip flop on opinions about the team. I think it’s important to look at the performances and how the team are playing.

Like if an Argyle team were playing well, creating chances but we weren’t being clinical enough is that the managers fault or the fact the players may not be good enough?

Are the same errors are being repeated? Like do people remember we had an issue on defensive set pieces for a while under Lowe. Eventually we turned the corner on that, but it’s these type of situations that point to if you have a pro active manager who can tackle situations when the arise.
Won't matter what the Dan's think Simon is shrewder than being trigger happy. Derek would stoll be here had he not lost the plot in my opinion also the suggested Accringyon incident and result made a decision impossible to avoid

Reactions: Andy B.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Schuey- calm, measured,assured & totally humble & honest - but his thirst for wanting to learn & develop even further in is managerial learning is refreshing

I feel the team he has around him has enhanced the qualities we know he has & with his team (his trusted team) they have been able to cultivate over pre season different patterns of play , different playing strategies

I would not be at all surprised if the players brought in over the close season were earmarked as targets because of the styles Schuey will be adopting over the coming season

I have every confidence in what Schuey & his team have put together - hopefully this will be the season we will get over the line

But 8/9 months is a long time in football

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
One of the first things I noticed about him is that during interviews he is clearly listening intently to the question - and he answers that question directly. There is no sign of his thoughts being elsewhere or offering answers that are prepared sound bites. A most impressive and articulate young man.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Schueys obvious pride in the job, in the Club and his total commitment to being here, sets him apart. He won't have everything go to plan, but he will find a way. I think he's genuinely the first manager I've had total faith in since Sturrock (and before him Waiters). He's earned our respect and I'm sure he wakes up every morning with his family, pinching himself. He has the best job and the best life he could imagine for himself, and he's made it a reality by his talent and hard work and dedication. Please stay and make history Steven. coyg

Jun 24, 2008
We've had some good managers in recent times. Of course it went wrong at some stage but if you consider the squad and league we were in Adams did a good job, Sheridan played a pivotal role and Lowe also did very well.

However, something is glaringly obvious this time around... despite often good deeds (Adams providing us with Laimeras/Carey link up and a promotion) (Sheridan keeping us up) (Lowe's change in style and roars at the end of games)...there was always a lot of fans uncomfortable with them at the helm for various reason. Discontent at times.

Schuey is extremely likeable, had a hugely positive reaction when appointed and I cant say I've seen a bad word on here about him. Considering his lack of experience and national status, thats quite surprising in football.

Long may it continue.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Give or take a few mindless trolls, we almost have Harmony on this site when it comes to our manager - no bigger accolade possible. Even after our 0-5 result, no disquiet..... long may it continue.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Occasionally over the years, a handfull of managers have outlasted the promises of the 'honeymoon' period after their appointment with successful promotions/cup runs that have brought great joy to supporters and benefit to the club. We would all agree on most of the names! The personal characteristics of these managers have often been similar: honesty, calmness, clear thinking/intelligence, tactically innovative and modesty. Personal ambition tended to be moderated to the job in hand and ego kept well under control. This time around, we have a manager who incorporates all these facets, supported by probably our best ever technical staffing. This is also backed by a largely altruistic, transparent and skilfull directorate presiding over a forwardly progressing infrastructure.
I believe that these are historic times for our club and I have never felt more optimistic.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
We've had some good managers in recent times. Of course it went wrong at some stage but if you consider the squad and league we were in Adams did a good job, Sheridan played a pivotal role and Lowe also did very well.

However, something is glaringly obvious this time around... despite often good deeds (Adams providing us with Laimeras/Carey link up and a promotion) (Sheridan keeping us up) (Lowe's change in style and roars at the end of games)...there was always a lot of fans uncomfortable with them at the helm for various reason. Discontent at times.

Schuey is extremely likeable, had a hugely positive reaction when appointed and I cant say I've seen a bad word on here about him. Considering his lack of experience and national status, thats quite surprising in football.

Long may it continue.
Agreed, although we need to get out of the habit of saying Long May It continue and First and Foremost as it reminds me of the ex-manager. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: macleanie