Our Manager | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our Manager

Jul 17, 2011
Schumacher stock has risen considerably in just a few weeks. Probably too early to go anywhere now. But like it or not he's right in the front of the shop window.
Don’t think it matters, unless it’s premier league or very top end championship, I don’t think there’s a chance he will go. He loves this club, he loves the fans and the player.

Hearsay removed by Site Admin. 👍

Reactions: Andy70
Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Money talks. Unless you are in a situation where money dosent matter then 99% will move jobs for the right money. Football management is like politics, you can get sacked but get another job in the same field. Very few managers stay out of work for long.

As for scheuy, yes his profile is raising and he may go someday but for now he is Argyle and he is doing a fantastic job and i am so glad he is our, honest, talented, fair manager with bags of integrity. He knows how to switch a game, formation and personnel. Long maybit continue with Argyle.

Apr 5, 2008
Money always talks,if he is offered far more at another club then its certain he would go.

Their is no loyalty in football.

May even end up at another league one club.Sheff wed fans not that happy with Moore,if we beat them Sat and they sack him,would Argyle be able to match the wages they offer to SS if they made an approach for him.

Lowe soon left when he was offered more more money.

Reactions: Chip green

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Money always talks,if he is offered far more at another club then its certain he would go.

Their is no loyalty in football.

May even end up at another league one club.Sheff wed fans not that happy with Moore,if we beat them Sat and they sack him,would Argyle be able to match the wages they offer to SS if they made an approach for him.

Lowe soon left when he was offered more more money.
Shuey isn't Lowe on many levels. Not saying he wouldn't go but I think alot more thought and consideration would be put in by Schuey. He's not stupid and a lot of thought seems to go in to every decision made, I'm sure the same would happen and he would weigh up the project and everything he has here in comparison to many other clubs.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Shuey isn't Lowe on many levels. Not saying he wouldn't go but I think alot more thought and consideration would be put in by Schuey. He's not stupid and a lot of thought seems to go in to every decision made, I'm sure the same would happen and he would weigh up the project and everything he has here in comparison to many other clubs.
I also think dewsnip, Hallett and parkinsonism support means an enormous amount to him also he has young kids who must be settled at an important time school wise in Plymouth. Don't get me wrong a bigger club comes he will go but as I said before I can't see it being a Preston sized club

Jul 12, 2016
If Schuey continues with his improvement he will undoubtedly attract attention from other clubs. We have no control on whether he stays or goes but hopefully the longer he lives in the area ,putting down roots ,the more likely he will stay for the journey.

Reactions: jimsing

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
We do this anytime a player gets form or a manager has a good results.

Lets just enjoy the situation.

Things can change in football very quickly. No point worrying about a situation none of us can control. These are the times as Argyle fans you just embrace the moment.

Dec 28, 2010
Very astute and not afraid to change a system or game plan that is not working.

I believe Schuey and the club are a great match and long may that continue.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
As much as I’m falling for SS (in footballing lust) Argyles recent success is more than any singular person.

There’s not a standout individual in the players, in the footballing management or from the executive areas.

We simple have decent pedigree and decent people in the all areas.

Collectively the club is purring on and off the pitch.

Enjoy the today.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
As much as I’m falling for SS (in footballing lust) Argyles recent success is more than any singular person.

There’s not a standout individual in the players, in the footballing management or from the executive areas.

Enjoy the today.
Absolutely correct, it is very much a collective effort with great staff from the top down.

Reactions: Superguy
Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
I’m incredibly excited about this team, manager and overall infrastructure of our club. There are so many positives coming out of Home Park and everything to do with it, it’s hard not to feel so good.

Back along, I am certain SS would have been sounded out by officials regarding his stance IF Lowe left. Hence when he did, Schumacher stayed on.

With this in mind, I do wonder what the current thoughts of Mr Hallett and the team are. SS has done so well and, just like Lowe, teams will come sniffing. That said I believe SS is far more loyal and will know he’s on to a good thing here.

With this is mind, if the unthinkable happened (please don’t slate me for starting this hypothetical thread) who would take over? I don’t think the answer is within the club as I think SS and Mark Hughes are a partnership that will move together.

I get many would see this is a pointless thread but we know things can change quickly (and unexpectedly) in football.

So without disrespecting the current set up (please don’t go there), and just for fun, who comes in?

Sep 18, 2010

Enjoy the today.
This ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Sep 18, 2010
I’m incredibly excited about this team, manager and overall infrastructure of our club. There are so many positives coming out of Home Park and everything to do with it, it’s hard not to feel so good.

Back along, I am certain SS would have been sounded out by officials regarding his stance IF Lowe left. Hence when he did, Schumacher stayed on.

With this in mind, I do wonder what the current thoughts of Mr Hallett and the team are. SS has done so well and, just like Lowe, teams will come sniffing. That said I believe SS is far more loyal and will know he’s on to a good thing here.

With this is mind, if the unthinkable happened (please don’t slate me for starting this hypothetical thread) who would take over? I don’t think the answer is within the club as I think SS and Mark Hughes are a partnership that will move together.

I get many would see this is a pointless thread but we know things can change quickly (and unexpectedly) in football.

So without disrespecting the current set up (please don’t go there), and just for fun, who comes in?
I am sure the club again has a succession plan in place already. Most clubs and businesses regularly review these so when a vacancy appears they can react and appoint quickly and based on logic and consideration and avoid an emotional impulse appointment.

Feb 8, 2005
I don't expect Shuey to be lured away until after we get promoted, whenever that maybe.

He does not have anything on his achievement list yet, but if he gets us up someone will come calling.

Reactions: David Doidge