Our Manager | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our Manager

Jul 28, 2022
I can't remember the last Argyle manager that evoked such positivity, team looking good, backroom staff look more than capable, board moving club in right direction and fans joyous and vocal... I think the planets are aligning very nicely, pieces of the big picture jigsaw are coming together and slotting in .. and the sun is shining in Kent today

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Give or take a few mindless trolls, we almost have Harmony on this site when it comes to our manager - no bigger accolade possible. Even after our 0-5 result, no disquiet..... long may it continue.

l think it’s good to have alternative opinion. Debate is healthy.

Even with things l don’t agree about l often listen and take onboard peoples comments because there is lots of common sense opinion from some very intelligent people.

I repeat, l don’t understand why people can’t disagree and yet still be respectful to each other. That to be is something that needs learned and improved upon on all social media platforms.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock

Even with things l don’t agree about l often listen and take onboard peoples comments because there is lots of common sense opinion from some very intelligent people.

I repeat, l don’t understand why people can’t disagree and yet still be respectful to each other. That to be is something that needs learned and improved upon on all social media platforms.
It is extremely important all peoples opinions ( No-ones input is more or less valid than the next) are listened to and debated over - it is how consensus is reached, or, at the other end of the scale an agreement to disagree.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006

Debate is great, however some people only want to stir.

The point I was making was that bar the "stirrers" most people have a positive view of the manager which is both unusual and IMO a sign that things are on the right track. Having a different opinion is not a crime, what is a spoiler is not being willing to change your opinion, no matter what logic is presented. Then you just have arguments rather than debate, and that is where a lot of Pasoti threads end up, unfortunately.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Just watched Schueys pre match interview. He's got the look of a man that thinks every day at Argyle is Xmas right now. Just hope Santas got enough in the tank to get us to see those northern lights. Would be something special that. We can dream, and if not now, when. coyg

Last edited:
Reactions: saxman

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I have said it previously he is so much like Dave Smith by all the things stated previously. Humble and a people person. If he turns out to be as goood as that gent we are in for great times.

I think he’ll be better than Dave Smith imo

Feb 8, 2005
Shuey is a very down to earth person.

After each match I listen to his comments, and find myself agreeing with every word that he says. He never criticises individuals, he never slates the opposition, he never makes excuses, and he says it as he sees it. Always a very thoughtful reply when asked how he saw the game, and an honest reply to each question he is asked.

The same cannot be said for the majority of football managers, I'm afraid.

Sep 3, 2011
What a cracking manager we've got. I will say at first I had a few concerns about his appointment due to him never had the Manager role before. Learned football people did whisper he was the driving force behind Lowe.

However, the way he's conducted himself last season and now into this makes me now believe it was an inspired decision to give him the job.
It's not just the results we've had, it's the way we play. We have an identity and it's being recognised by bigger clubs prepared to lend us their future stars. If we played say like the Pulis sides did those players wouldn't want to come here.

In his interviews he's measured, thoughtful and insightful. His signings look very good based on what I've seen pre-season and Saturday. I know its a team effort and he has great support via Dewsnip and Parkinson but Schuey has really impressed me. This guy is destined for great things - and after yesterday's news there's absolutely no reason he can't achieve those great things here.
Interesting you mention Pulis. He's the first manager I remember who significantly raised the standards off the pitch. Just the small detail really like players being over Harpers Park on time, Pulis use to run over to training sessions, he introduced a chef for players diet needs I believe. Fitness kept Argyle up that season.

Interesting you mention Pulis. He's the first manager I remember who significantly raised the standards off the pitch. Just the small detail really like players being over Harpers Park on time, Pulis use to run over to training sessions, he introduced a chef for players diet needs I believe. Fitness kept Argyle up that season.
A much maligned manager imo. He had five days from his appointment at Argyle before an away match at Southampton, and turned us from a mess to a highly organised very defensive team to earn a 0-0 draw.

Reactions: NLG

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Agreed, although we need to get out of the habit of saying Long May It continue and First and Foremost as it reminds me of the ex-manager. :ROFLMAO:
And when that happens, long may it continue

Reactions: Ky dv and Emu
Sep 3, 2011
Not a fan of getting too close by praising any manager. Some on here seem they want to marry him! He's like any employee. There to do a job but particularly with the manager his work/results will be analysed to death by the fans.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
I don't see anything wrong in stating we have a good manager. I still think it now.

You're correct he is an employee but a good manager generates synergy with the fans and its reciprocated. Klopp at Liverpool being the apex example.