Our Manager

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I don't see anything wrong in stating we have a good manager. I still think it now.

You're correct he is an employee but a good manager generates synergy with the fans and its reciprocated. Klopp at Liverpool being the apex example.
The difference is Klopp has lots of money to spend and at one of the best clubs in England, but our manager is at a small club with barely any money so in my opinion the harder job is our clubs.
Would Klopp succeed here with the same resources as any manager here?
It's the same in F1, Hamilton had the best machine but that made him an amazing driver, in reality if he was in a lesser car he wouldn't be amazing, it's down to what you're given.
Our manager thus far deserves all the applause he gets though I feel the behind licking is a bit OTT, but still deserves what he gets.

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
A lot of managers with a lot of money achieve little.
Geniuses develop a track record against the odds :
Mourinho winning C L with Porto & Inter
Fergie winning a European trophy with Aberdeen after beating Real Madrid & Bayern.
Clough with Derby and 2 European cups with Forest.
Then there's a spectrum in between - like Pulis & Sturrock turning us around.
A bit early with Schuey, although he looks promising.
I saw him at a couple of kids football tournaments over the summer - certainly does not give an air of self importance. (That's where Mourinho went wrong lol.)

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
Perhaps a good day to bring this thread back? I am so very impressed with this guy - and indeed the whole player management set up. Excellent tactical thinking, great judgement on player strengths, great use of substitutes, an absolute self belief in his judgement and way of doing things - plus the inner strength of character to do the difficult things (letting go of Jeffers, Camara and others). We are very lucky to have SH and SS - and indeed the entire set up.

Support it and enjoy it

Feb 15, 2005
Under Lowe, we had a style of play, but under Schumacher I feel that we have a style of play mixed with a tactical and a shrewd edge as well, we’re a smarter outfit. We also have a manager who buys into Plymouth and whose primary aim isn’t to get back up North as soon as possible (I’m not bitter towards Lowe, I thank him for the job he did, I’m just happy with the way things have worked out).
Another short sighted opinion as we are an outpost and if a championship club or higher came in for him he would be off like his predecessor. He is ambitious and we probably can’t fulfill his ambitions.

Feb 13, 2021
We have had many good managers over the years going back to Jack Rowley, thence Waiters, Cider Man , Sturrock Mk1 and it would give me great pleasure to add Shewy to this list in the fullness of time. The Green Army moves on.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Another short sighted opinion as we are an outpost and if a championship club or higher came in for him he would be off like his predecessor. He is ambitious and we probably can’t fulfill his ambitions.

I’m not saying that Schumacher wouldn’t leave for a bigger opportunity, I’m saying that I think he’d be far more hesitant than Lowe. Schumacher moved to Plymouth on day 1 with his family and he’s become settled here, he’s spoken (before and since becoming manager) about how much he and his family love being in Plymouth, whereas Lowe never seemed entirely comfortable with it. Schumacher also had the option to join Lowe at Preston, he chose to stay.

I don’t think he likes the limelight anywhere near as much as his predecessor either, I think he’s more focused on being a manager as opposed to also being a media personality.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
I’m not saying that Schumacher wouldn’t leave for a bigger opportunity, I’m saying that I think he’d be far more hesitant than Lowe. Schumacher moved to Plymouth on day 1 with his family and he’s become settled here, he’s spoken (before and since becoming manager) about how much he and his family love being in Plymouth, whereas Lowe never seemed entirely comfortable with it. Schumacher also had the option to join Lowe at Preston, he chose to stay.

I don’t think he likes the limelight anywhere near as much as his predecessor either, I think he’s more focused on being a manager as opposed to also being a media personality.
I think Schuey like Sturrock will probably go however it won't be a Preston that takes him much like with Sturrock it wasn't a Watford. It will be a club that he really can't turn down in the championship or hopefully the prem

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
He is a proud humble man- when he speaks you can feel his pride through his body language & words

When we have not been at our best he still has humility , but is honest in what he says

He is a thinker, he thinks before he speaks & what he conveys is not seen as a personal attack on any of his players

A thoroughly wonderful man, who is not all about him

So pleased SH gave him the opportunity to show what a talented individual he is

Schuey will take us places- lets just enjoy it 💚

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021
Liked the post match interview. I thought his “we know what we’re doing” re Cosgrove comment was perfectly timed. He’s still an inexperienced manager and humble enough to recognise it. He’s growing with us and truly - as yet - hasn’t really put a foot wrong. Long may it continue.

Sep 3, 2011
Schumacher stock has risen considerably in just a few weeks. Probably too early to go anywhere now. But like it or not he's right in the front of the shop window.