Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 36 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
I always felt it would come down to our home game against Hull. If HP can produce the same atmosphere as against Leicester we have a chance.

So often this season we have been out muscled and fought by physically stronger sides with Championship quality and nous, but Home Park is a hugely intimidating place.

The desire was in evidence again today but we have been lacking quality in depth all season.

But those that can get there next week need to be that twelfth man.

We can do this.

May 16, 2016
Disagree - it’s like dressing for the job you aspire to. If we’re going to become established as a Championship club we have to look like one. That attracts investment, sponsorship and better players.

It may be that we bounce around a bit in football terms but that is the route to sustainability at this level.
I do hope some of our posters aren't builders, the concept of foundations and solid footings seems alien to them.

Reactions: ChurPev and Timeout

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
My 2 centesimi worth after watching on Argyle TV:

I took my headphones off after about 5 minutes, awful commentary.

We were very very poor. Probably not a lack of bottle, but certainly a lack of effort. I saw a Millwall player busting a gut to stop the ball going out for a throw in with his side already winning. I didn't see that urgency with our team.

It is easy to blame Pleggy for the goal, but whose idea was it for him to mark the tallest bloke on the field? No leadership in the team.

I actually thought our passing was a bit better today, until we got anywhere near the Millwall goal. Dead ball delivery very poor. No imagination.

I didn't check any latest scores while watching our game, so was delighted to find out we still have it all to play for next week. And if we can't manage it, I just hope Norwich can instead!!

Reactions: mightygreens

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
To be fair you do like a hissy fit when we lose but that’s your prerogative.

Personally I didn’t see a lack of fight other than from a couple of players at times. We aren’t Championship standard in the main and of those that are only Cooper has really performed in the last couple of games.

Still in our hands though - somehow.
I can take that frank

Reactions: Frank Butcher
Sep 28, 2022
Am I alone in thinking that if we were to go down, weekends might actually improve next season. Are we prepared for another season of heartbreak and disappointment which must surely be our reward next season in the Championship for avoiding relegation this season. Am I being totally pessimistic or totally accurate as to our future. I, m not too sure that I can cope with another season like this season. A few comfortable home and away wins in League 1 as before and life feels a lot nicer. I think my wife will hopefully much prefer me then as well although that is definitely not guaranteed. Oh please Coygs!!.

Reactions: oldage
Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Would you rather be a Birmingham supporter whose team is below the dotted line or an Argyle supporter whose team is above the dotted line with a 4 goal swing
Saturday is a one off game for both teams - which team will hold their nerve
Birmingham was probably thinking they would get a result today - they did not
We still hold the cards
Always rather be an Argyle fan but the dotted line is irrelevant tonight it's what happens at 3 pm Saturday or just before now this team doesn't look good enough doesn't look like scoring and if we stay ub it will be very very lucky albeit Birmingham do not deserve to stay up with the management treatment this season if we go down I blame the 3 points lost against Coventry in both game's

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
My 2 centesimi worth after watching on Argyle TV:

I took my headphones off after about 5 minutes, awful commentary.

We were very very poor. Probably not a lack of bottle, but certainly a lack of effort. I saw a Millwall player busting a gut to stop the ball going out for a throw in with his side already winning. I didn't see that urgency with our team.

It is easy to blame Pleggy for the goal, but whose idea was it for him to mark the tallest bloke on the field? No leadership in the team.

I actually thought our passing was a bit better today, until we got anywhere near the Millwall goal. Dead ball delivery very poor. No imagination.

I didn't check any latest scores while watching our game, so was delighted to find out we still have it all to play for next week. And if we can't manage it, I just hope Norwich can instead!!
That guy commentating stresses me out. Like he's trying to be a grand national commentator but at football (in our group chat someone said he must be breathing through his ears to keep that up), and when he's not commentating on what is apparently horse racing, he was more interested in Parkway and how other games were going (and wrongly saying how they affected us).

Dec 3, 2005
That guy commentating stresses me out. Like he's trying to be a grand national commentator but at football (in our group chat someone said he must be breathing through his ears to keep that up), and when he's not commentating on what is apparently horse racing, he was more interested in Parkway and how other games were going (and wrongly saying how they affected us).
For some reason it was Radio Devon's commentary & not Argyle TV commentary.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Am I alone in thinking that if we were to go down, weekends might actually improve next season. Are we prepared for another season of heartbreak and disappointment which must surely be our reward next season in the Championship for avoiding relegation this season. Am I being totally pessimistic or totally accurate as to our future. I, m not too sure that I can cope with another season like this season. A few comfortable home and away wins in League 1 as before and life feels a lot nicer. I think my wife will hopefully much prefer me then as well although that is definitely not guaranteed. Oh please Coygs!!.

I’m fed up with my weekends being ruined, but I don’t really want my summer ruined either!

If you include the promotion and even the play-off attempt the previous season, it’s been constant stress… just seems tragic to go through all that and end up where we started.

Reactions: Mat

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If we hadn't let Brum get that last gasp winner against us at St Andrews, we would be safe tonight. So upsetting.

If we hadn't scored that last minute goal v Stoke, we would have been down I think, but you get the point.

Plus it was a brilliant goal and no fault of ours.

Reactions: greengodwin
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
If I had a crystal ball and I could see the same chaos next season I would almost say, let's just go this season rather than be Rotherham next season.... But.... Who knows what happens in the summer if we stay up and another years money would be good before dropping next season if that were to be the case.

Just emotions riding high of course.

Go all out get a win next week. Job done. Simples.

Reactions: Graham Green
Dec 17, 2016
Listen to me people. No time for crying over spilled milk! What has happened, has happened, we can't change it! We're stuck with way things are and there's nothing we can do about that!
We need to look on the bright side.
As someone already stated, we pretty just need to match or better Brum's final match result. May be not even that!
Even if we fail to get any points next week against Hull, there are still some positives.
West Brom by losing to Sheff Wed have opened the door to Hull to make the playoffs. If Hull win tonight, that puts pressure on Norwich to get a result against Brum in their last game of the season. That puts Brum in a potentially very difficult situation. Yes, Hull will be invigorated to get a result against Argyle, so be it. I really don't mind if Argyle and Brum both lose next week. If that's the case we stay up! In fact, if we lose and Brum draw their match with Norwich we stay up on goal difference (providing we don't do something silly and lose by at least 4 goals). So keep the faith, WE ARE NOT RELEGATED YET!!! COYG's!!! 💚💚💚

Reactions: Greenscombe