Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 35 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Or to put it another way, if we lose against Hull but by less than 4, and Birmingham only draw, it’s Birmingham that get relegated.
We actually only go down if we lose by 5 goals and Brum draw as we have scored more goals than Brum which is what determines position if goal difference is the same

Last edited:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Would you rather be a Birmingham supporter whose team is below the dotted line or an Argyle supporter whose team is above the dotted line with a 4 goal swing
Saturday is a one off game for both teams - which team will hold their nerve
Birmingham was probably thinking they would get a result today - they did not
We still hold the cards

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Well Said. I said that as soon as the Brickfields Project was announced ⚽

Disagree - it’s like dressing for the job you aspire to. If we’re going to become established as a Championship club we have to look like one. That attracts investment, sponsorship and better players.

It may be that we bounce around a bit in football terms but that is the route to sustainability at this level.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Disagree - it’s like dressing for the job you aspire to. If we’re going to become established as a Championship club we have to look like one. That attracts investment, sponsorship and better players.

It may be that we bounce around a bit in football terms but that is the route to sustainability at this level.
Woaaah! Not sure we allow sensible posts on here! 😉

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
That was a difficult watch.

Gibson second half header off a corner was our best chance.

Granted, since Foster has left the players are happier. Yet its not resulted in an approvement in the football.

It's just football that's looked like it's not coached well. There is no conviction in what they do. Yes there is effort, but what was the game plan? How we were looking to break them down?

As the game wore on it was more like a basketball game. The difference being when the ball was in the box Millwall had players who could win headers.

If we survive, it will be a miracle. Not because we don't have a chance. More to do with we lack any conviction in looking like saving our selves.
That’s exactly how I saw it.

We’re been virtually incapable of passing the ball forward and hurting both Stoke and Millwall these last 2 games.
what was the tactical plan?
what did they work on in training?

Add in atrocious set pieces and I simply can’t see how we can lay a finger on Hull

Reactions: Emeraldinho
Oct 31, 2022
A point is no different to a loss. Changes nothing. We got our luck with the Brum result. Could lose on Sat and still stay up.

We'll see 🤷‍♂️

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
How are we ever going to afford proper Championship players when all the money has gone on Brickfields,priorities all wrong money SHOULD have been spent on 1.A proper manager.2.Experienced quality players
How many times does it need to be said. The brickfields money is only for brickfields. with out brickfields there would be no money.

No brickfields=no money
Money made available only for brickfields.

It has nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch since February. Foster and the players and dewsnip and the players have had able opportunity to get more points needed.

Without creating an academy and championship standard training facilities we will never sign championship players.

These things need to be paid for at some point by someone. Without it we are stuck in the 1980s

Just saying spend money, spend money is soooo the 00s for nearly 2 decades we have had fans (at all clubs) shout spend money, sack the manager, spend money, sack the manager.....I thought in the last couple of years fans were at last moving beyond this narrative but it seems not.

If you don't have the infrastructure and the means to pay for all these transfer fees and associated wages(which most fans conveniently forget about) the whole thing is on a pack of cards.

Rather go down financially stable with brickfields than stay up for one season more then go down without brickfields and in financial chaos.... Again.

Come on Ipswich never wanted them to win more in my life

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
In the last few minutes when we made all those substitutions, you could see the players had no idea what was going on or where they were supposed to play, looked like utter chaos.
Reminded me of my DJM coaching days, subbed on a CD and told him push up and try and get a goal. Somehow he translated to go in goal and after much confusion swapped with the keeper who went CF. One of the parents said to me after the match we've got ourselves a tactical genius... nope just a p poor communicator I replied.

Oct 31, 2022
How many times does it need to be said. The brickfields money is only for brickfields. with out brickfields there would be no money.

No brickfields=no money
Money made available only for brickfields.

It has nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch since February. Foster and the players and dewsnip and the players have had able opportunity to get more points needed.

Without creating an academy and championship standard training facilities we will never sign championship players.

These things need to be paid for at some point by someone. Without it we are stuck in the 1980s

Just saying spend money, spend money is soooo the 00s for nearly 2 decades we have had fans (at all clubs) shout spend money, sack the manager, spend money, sack the manager.....I thought in the last couple of years fans were at last moving beyond this narrative but it seems not.

If you don't have the infrastructure and the means to pay for all these transfer fees and associated wages(which most fans conveniently forget about) the whole thing is on a pack of cards.

Rather go down financially stable with brickfields than stay up for one season more then go down without brickfields and in financial chaos.... Again.

Come on Ipswich never wanted them to win more in my life

Agreed, we should've spent the brickfields money on players.

🎣

• Haha
Reactions: Frank Butcher
Mar 30, 2024
If Hull have nothing to play for next week (if they lose tonight), then neither will Birmingham's opponents next week, Norwich! I can't help feeling if Hull lose tonight it may be worse for Argyle than if they win.
I think a team that has just missed out on the playoffs would be totally disheartened and easier to play against than a team that had just made the play-offs.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Last 10 games we have scored 5 goals. We have actually only conceded 11 goals but that makes us the second lowest scorers after Rotheram in the last 10 games.

When the season is over this drop off needs to be analysed properly. Wrong recruitment? Lacking striker cover meaning Hardie and Morgs are running empty? Lack of creative players? Foster impact? etc etc. Probably a combination of all of this. In a way it is an achievement to be going into the final game with it still in our hands. But going off recent form, it is unlikely we'll score more than one goal next week. Then can we keep a clean sheet vs Hull?

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Wanted a win but know and accept we cannot score so yes it hurts rhe way the season is ending but tbh i am over being fed up and angry.

Stil in our hands thankfully, and at gome so there is a possibility but i have no idea where its going now.

We all know its a massive rebuild in the summer. Not sure who goes and who stays yet.

The plan fell apart in Jan with SS leaving, azaz and cundle leaving. That completely changed our Jan plans. IF coming in didnt work and his lons didnt either.

Easy to blame the board for not spending money or getting in debt to spend money but i do not blame them. They were thrown a massive spanner and its not my money to spend.

Long week to wait now to find our fate. Then the exciting times in the summer of a new manager and players.

Not interested in listening to the standard abuse and hatred posts that are sure to follow over the next few days. We move on.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I just can’t wait for this season to be over.

Since January the board have lost their minds.

The summer will be a chance to reset, regardless of what league we’re in.

Reactions: Justin