Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 38 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

Feb 14, 2022
Well Said. I said that as soon as the Brickfields Project was announced ⚽

You do realise that Brickfields is EXTRA money that Simon Hallett has put in. If there was no Brickfields we wouldn't have had that money, it would have stayed in the Hallett's pocket. It hasn't come from the club coffers. Brickfields literally has no impact on anything else within the club.

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
There two sides to every argument, who wants a great infrastructure, if your team is playing in Div 2.
It is a very fine balancing act, some people will agree and some disagree.
And that's fine but to be honest if you told me we could stay up and not do the academy/Brickfields etc, or be relegated and do it, I'd take the latter, as short term thinking is pointless... obviously there are various shades of grey between those two things

Reactions: tavigreen
Oct 15, 2017
Wanted a win but know and accept we cannot score so yes it hurts rhe way the season is ending but tbh i am over being fed up and angry.

Stil in our hands thankfully, and at gome so there is a possibility but i have no idea where its going now.

We all know its a massive rebuild in the summer. Not sure who goes and who stays yet.

The plan fell apart in Jan with SS leaving, azaz and cundle leaving. That completely changed our Jan plans. IF coming in didnt work and his lons didnt either.

Easy to blame the board for not spending money or getting in debt to spend money but i do not blame them. They were thrown a massive spanner and its not my money to spend.

Long week to wait now to find our fate. Then the exciting times in the summer of a new manager and players.

Not interested in listening to the standard abuse and hatred posts that are sure to follow over the next few days. We move on.

I don't blame the board for spending money we don't have, but I do
for the mistakes they made
1 For appointing IF
2 For sacking him too late
3 For relying on Dewsnip and Nance to get us to safety though they still might
4 Not bringing in an experienced manager until the end of the season.
I don't blame Mr Hallett as I believe he was influenced and I'm not
Blaming anyone in particular.

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
There two sides to every argument, who wants a great infrastructure, if your team is playing in Div 2.
It is a very fine balancing act, some people will agree and some disagree.
If you don’t have a good infrastructure you’ll always be playing in league two though.
It’s going to take a very long time to reap any benefits though, at least 5 to 10 years before we may start to see regular academy graduates being of Championship standard.

Oct 23, 2023
Some serious bed wetting going on today on this forum.

And bickering that wouldn’t be out of place on a primary school playground 🙄

• Snore
Reactions: Tugboat
Feb 10, 2024
If you don’t have a good infrastructure you’ll always be playing in league two though.
It’s going to take a very long time to reap any benefits though, at least 5 to 10 years before we may start to see regular academy graduates being of Championship standard.
The club let loads of great talent go for nothing. Ryan Leonard being an example today . Academy need a permanent base rather than moving night after night to different training at sub standard school pitches etc. So B/feilds is important even in league 1.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Because you're suggesting that he was only appointed because it was Dewsnips decision and his only. It's a silly thing to say.

I just refuse to believe that out of over 100 applicants, the fella who got the job just happened to be someone who was pal’s with the fella who led process. Foster was always the wrong appointment, and it isn’t a case of hindsight because I said that all along. I just hope that Hallett is more involved in the process this summer.

Reactions: Said old Green

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
The club let loads of great talent go for nothing. Ryan Leonard being an example today . Academy need a permanent base rather than moving night after night to different training at sub standard school pitches etc. So B/feilds is important even in league 1.
Totally ageee. Just saying it will take time for a regular pipeline of players of Championship standard (or better) to keep / sell on, right now it’s a bit sporadic

Dec 17, 2016
Just watching the Hull v Ipswich game. What a difference in the quality of play from both sides (when compared to Argyle) - the fluidity of the play, the speed and urgency, the effort, the ability to string together passes (like they know what the plan is, how they intend to approach the match). For quite some time Argyle have seemed to me to be a collection of individuals who don't have confidence in each other or the understanding of what the game plan is, if there is a coherent one in the first place!). And on top of all this, understandably perhaps, there is not the same work rate as other teams in the Championship, a general lack of aggression, continual lapses in concentration/joined up thinking). Most annoying to me is that certain players appear to be coasting, rather than putting in the extra effort that would signal to their team-mates that it's worth them putting in the same effort, to lift the team performance to a level that would allow them to truly compete with other teams in this league. Whittaker for me is the one player that has shown this lack of true effort and grit, regardless of his goals this season and his obvious (though limited) ability. Does he not realise he could a much better player if he didn't swan about like he believes football owes him something. You get what you deserve in this life, and if you want to truly succeed it starts by putting in the hard work and challenging yourself, NOT JUST COASTING!

Jun 17, 2006
Reading
I’ve never seen so many defensive Argyle players in a starting eleven. What happened to the “shackles off”…….going away to Millwall to hold out for a draw when they have 6’x Jake Cooper and their set piece record…..incredulous. I’m remaining positive though. We can get something against a very good Hull team going for the playoffs…….IF we play our best first eleven, and IF we have the mindset of simply outscoring the opposition.