Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 37 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
How many times does it need to be said. The brickfields money is only for brickfields. with out brickfields there would be no money.

No brickfields=no money
Money made available only for brickfields.

It has nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch since February. Foster and the players and dewsnip and the players have had able opportunity to get more points needed.

Without creating an academy and championship standard training facilities we will never sign championship players.

These things need to be paid for at some point by someone. Without it we are stuck in the 1980s

Just saying spend money, spend money is soooo the 00s for nearly 2 decades we have had fans (at all clubs) shout spend money, sack the manager, spend money, sack the manager.....I thought in the last couple of years fans were at last moving beyond this narrative but it seems not.

If you don't have the infrastructure and the means to pay for all these transfer fees and associated wages(which most fans conveniently forget about) the whole thing is on a pack of cards.

Rather go down financially stable with brickfields than stay up for one season more then go down without brickfields and in financial chaos.... Again.

Come on Ipswich never wanted them to win more in my life
Unfortunately some cannot see the bigger picture in their quest for the 5 minute fix.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
In the last few minutes when we made all those substitutions, you could see the players had no idea what was going on or where they were supposed to play, looked like utter chaos.
We had less than 5 minutes to change the game. Kitchen, it, everything, sink, including, throw, the and at. Words that came to my mind, but not necessarily in that order.

TaviGreen1990

✅ Evergreen
Nov 3, 2022
I know I don’t fall into the meltdown category but since the Preston game I’ve always felt like our best way of staying up is others ineptitude over our ability. So with one game to go and Birmingham have to win so today hasn’t been as bad as people are making out.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
My 2 centesimi worth after watching on Argyle TV:

I took my headphones off after about 5 minutes, awful commentary.

We were very very poor. Probably not a lack of bottle, but certainly a lack of effort. I saw a Millwall player busting a gut to stop the ball going out for a throw in with his side already winning. I didn't see that urgency with our team.

It is easy to blame Pleggy for the goal, but whose idea was it for him to mark the tallest bloke on the field? No leadership in the team.

I actually thought our passing was a bit better today, until we got anywhere near the Millwall goal. Dead ball delivery very poor. No imagination.

I didn't check any latest scores while watching our game, so was delighted to find out we still have it all to play for next week. And if we can't manage it, I just hope Norwich can instead!!
I felt the same with Pleggy. I'm somewhat amazed that he hasn't been used in the middle of the park. Of course it's too late now.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
I know I don’t fall into the meltdown category but since the Preston game I’ve always felt like our best way of staying up is others ineptitude over our ability. So with one game to go and Birmingham have to win so today hasn’t been as bad as people are making out.
Agree, it would have been worse if we gave up a winning position, that would have hurt more. But it was a chance wasted today... Millwall aren't all that and we allowed them to be on the front foot all game because we were to scared to concede rather than be positive.

Jul 12, 2016
There is so much clutching at straws on here. If we stay up it will because of what other sides do ,not us. We somehow beat Leicester but that was a one off and in the past two games have proved why we are staring relegation in the face. We simply are not good enough.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: IJN

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
There is so much clutching at straws on here. If we stay up it will because of what other sides do ,not us. We somehow beat Leicester but that was a one off and in the past two games have proved why we are staring relegation in the face. We simply are not good enough.
If we stay up it’s because we did a better job than those below us. If we’re better than the three below us, we are simply good enough, maybe by not much, but good enough.

Jul 12, 2016
Agree, it would have been worse if we gave up a winning position, that would have hurt more. But it was a chance wasted today... Millwall aren't all that and we allowed them to be on the front foot all game because we were to scared to concede rather than be positive.
Nor were Stoke but we let them beat us. The euphoria of Foster leaving has now gone and just shows Dewsnip is out of his depth.

TaviGreen1990

✅ Evergreen
Nov 3, 2022
You make me scared of old age 😂 Maybe try saying yes for a day and find an ounce of positivity it may make you far happier. We could sponsor you for a charity and all get a janner banner.

Jul 12, 2016
I always felt it would come down to our home game against Hull. If HP can produce the same atmosphere as against Leicester we have a chance.

So often this season we have been out muscled and fought by physically stronger sides with Championship quality and nous, but Home Park is a hugely intimidating place.

The desire was in evidence again today but we have been lacking quality in depth all season.

But those that can get there next week need to be that twelfth man.

We can do this.
No chance. We could play for another six games and still fail to score. Goals win games and we can’t buy one at the moment. I cannot remember the last time we had such a misfiring team. Dreadful.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
I wouldn't like to be so harsh but yes, nance and dewsnip were going to steady the ship, pull everyone together and give passion etc. I was and am still concerned about the in game tactics this is where they are lacking. They get a plan together, organise the players before hand but do they have it to make the in game decisions.... I'm not sure.,.... Today showed that, with no positivity after HT and not changing one or 2 of the front 3 earlier. Waine and bundu for Hardie and devine or wright at.0-0 would have made sense....to me anyway....positive but not gung ho.....equally why Morgan gets to play 90 mins every game since January is beyond me.