Manager Poll | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Manager Poll

The future of the manager

• Should be relieved of his duties with immediate effect

Votes: 170 56.9%
  • Wait and see what happens v Gillingham on Saturday

Votes: 49 16.4%
  • See how situation lies at Christmas

Votes: 62 20.7%
  • Give until the end of season at least

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Ade the green":3bfgqk0t said:
It is my honest wish that Carl Fletcher resigns so that he can keep some dignity.

I believe he will one day make a fine manager whose football beliefs will be rewarded, however I do not believe we have the resources at this time to fund the mistakes being made with too many of the squad not having the level of experience needed.

I'm sorry Mr Fletcher, I believed and wanted you to succeed but, you simply ran out of time.

Totally agree, he has the right idea about playing the game etc but doesnt have the players to make it work. Plus i dont think that playing that type of football will work in the lower leagues, save that for the Prem and Champ.

The only problem is though if Fletch does go then who would get his job?

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
green eyed monster":3kyayl0h said:
Folks, why are we resorting to pathetic name calling?

Fletcher is a nice guy with a lovely wife and kids....

He is not cut out for the managers role here, he needs to go. But please, show a little respect to him as a human being and a former player

Totally agree. It's immature and completely unwarranted. Remember that Fletch has been a loyal servant to this club through some tough times.

Yes, I know things are pretty dire right now, but have some respect.

Oct 24, 2010
He is in a building and development process and should not be judged until well into next season. I know bad results are hard to take but it's all too easy to play the blame game. I have every confidence that Fletcher has a big future in football management, patience is all that is required.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I opted end of the season - however if the situation got drastically worse, then i'd change my stance.

Like i've said a number of times, this year for me is about stability, which is undoubtedly what the club needs right now. A year not embroiled in a relegation battle - which I don't believe this one will be - and a year for Fletcher to properly impose his style of football and ethos.

It's next year I expect a drastic improvement and a serious push for promotion.

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Nobby":1wbgjqoe said:
I opted end of the season - however if the situation got drastically worse, then i'd change my stance.

We play the league leaders at home on Saturday, then take on the teams in 4th and 6th away. It will get drastically worse.

I have a great deal of respect for Carl and every ounce of effort he has given to our club so I'm not going down the route of petty name calling that some on here have, but I've reached the end of my tether. I'm probably one of the more optimistic people on here yet I've reached the point where I can't see any success being achieved if we carry on as we are. There is no leadership, no belief, no tactical nous and a lot of people are very upset. It might cost a sizeable amount to make the changes that are required, but a lot more if we don't act now. There is a limit to how much loyal supporters will put up with paying for the dross being served to them and I fear we've gone well beyond that point.

I don't expect us to win every game and I don't expect we'll ever have one of the finest teams in the country, certainly not in my life-time, but it's my Argyle and we shouldn't be in such a mess. 40 years in the Second Division, 40,000+ crowds, being tantalisingly close to reaching the highest level and winning a major cup competition. Compare that to where we are now, it's unacceptable. In 2004, we returned to the Second Division while Swansea City were languishing in the Fourth. Fast forward eight years and look where we both are. The Swans are in the top flight, playing in front of full houses and beating the countries best, while the Pilgrims are struggling in the basement, playing at tiny grounds and losing at home to Burton Albion. It hurts.

A lovely guy and a very good player, but it just isn't working.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I've said 'end of the season' purely because I feel we owe it to him since he saved us from relegation last year (then again I also thought we owed it to Peter Reid too) on the proviso that we don't get sucked into a dog fight again (no one say "Oooh but we are!" - It's tight down there, half the table are, wait and see what happens when the pack spreads out). There've been some encouraging signs that myself, and I'm sure many of the "happy clappy, green tints" are clinging to and that, if they come good; they'll really come good. I'm just hoping they do sooner rather than later.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
esmer":15zelllu said:
He is in a building and development process and should not be judged until well into next season. I know bad results are hard to take but it's all too easy to play the blame game. I have every confidence that Fletcher has a big future in football management, patience is all that is required.

Frankly your deluded unless of course I'm being whooshed.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
I like Fletch but I wouldn't be sad to see him go now. The last two results, soon to be 3, were always going to prove fatal. The fact he shows no passion or animation from the bench, combined with speculative and ill timed substitutions, has all the hall marks of a man out of his depth. When he was a player is was oh so different. With regards to Larrieu, I don't think anyone expects him to have much advice for Fletch when we have 8 minutes to rescue a game and you have to question his credentials as anything other than a goalkeeping coach. Nancekivell I seem to remember being a farmer by trade who got given a chance at pro football and hardly took it with both hands. I still don't know how he's gone into coaching and his credentials on the training pitch.

I've defended the set up for a long time but with results and performances as bad as they are, in looking for answers our set up suddenly looks extremely amateurish throughout. Can we afford an overhaul though?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
esmer":3dr9ktrl said:

I admire your positivity. Are you Brent's media whore or something?

You are right, he is building and developing for the future but that's what worries me. We need to build the foundations for today. M
You wouldn't start building a house and start 'building and developing' the inside before you had a suitable roof and windows in to protect against the immediate dangers of the weather. L2 is our storm right now and we are getting battered each week and all we can think about is 'that refurbished kitchen should look lovely in 12 months time.' It won't matter cause the rest of the house will be ruined and it'll probably need knocking down.

ROOF AND WINDOWS BRENT. And a new fudging project manager aswel.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I would wait until Christmas we are not in the relegation zone and he should be given more time to see if he can change things around. If he cannot then at least it will give a new man time and the transfer window to make changes if necessary. I am still hopeful that Fletcher will turn things around.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
I don't think he is the right man for the job at Plymouth Argyle, maybe at some other club he might do well. We cant say we didn't give him a chance. If ridsdale was here he would of been long gone i reckon Reid would of done a better job.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Lee Payne":19220gr2 said:
I would wait until Christmas we are not in the relegation zone and he should be given more time to see if he can change things around. If he cannot then at least it will give a new man time and the transfer window to make changes if necessary. I am still hopeful that Fletcher will turn things around.

Your optimism along with esmer's blind faith does you credit. By Christmas we will have a TOTALLY demoralised team of uncoordinated players, being led by a panicky manager and be well and truly planted at the foot of the table. We don't have the luxury of waiting that long. We have just lost five on the bounce (soon to be six) which we all know we shouldn't have. If Fletcher's tactics were working, we would be comfortably top half by now, if we had won/drawn the games we should have and not lost them. It is blindingly obvious that he has to go.

I believe JB will act on Saturday at 5pm.

Feb 29, 2008
Why oh why didn't we sign Gary Johnson when he was available? Right now we would have been well up the league (I have no crystal ball but he has done a bleddy good job with Yeovil) and the crowds would be paying his wages, a bit of success and attendance would be going up not down. Fletch was the penny wise, pound foolish option.
All the fans saying that they would follow the team in the conference I applaud you, however it will be a miracle if we got crowds of 2500 week in week out, grow a pair Brent and do the decent thing, a decent managerial appointment would get the crowds back, keep with Fletch and the dark days of Macauley and crowds of 2500 will be a reality again.

Dec 7, 2006
esmer":jhgewdc6 said:
You are Neville Chamberlain and I claim my £5. :facepalm: