Manager Poll | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Manager Poll

The future of the manager

• Should be relieved of his duties with immediate effect

Votes: 170 56.9%
  • Wait and see what happens v Gillingham on Saturday

Votes: 49 16.4%
  • See how situation lies at Christmas

Votes: 62 20.7%
  • Give until the end of season at least

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
It is my honest wish that Carl Fletcher resigns so that he can keep some dignity.

I believe he will one day make a fine manager whose football beliefs will be rewarded, however I do not believe we have the resources at this time to fund the mistakes being made with too many of the squad not having the level of experience needed.

I'm sorry Mr Fletcher, I believed and wanted you to succeed but, you simply ran out of time.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
I voted Saturday... but it was very close to immediate.

Brent needs to act.

The finances are being hit now (today's attendance).
We're out of the FA Cup (regardless of 10 men for 80mins - we should beat 9 plumbers and a couple of Exeter youths).
Awful at home.
Management has no clue how to handle the media.
Scouting non-existent?

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
I've finally run out of faith tonight, I no longer believe Fletcher is successfully taking us forward, even results as appalling as Sunday's can be excused if there overall there is a positive trend but, despite the positive signs we saw against Barnet and Rochdale, we seem to take as many steps back as we do forward, the overall improvement we need to see is not happening and so Fletcher has to go. There is absolutely no need for any name calling, I firmly believe Fletcher has done his absolute best for Argyle and his loyalty and efforts through our club's darkest days mean I will always think very highly of him as a man but, as our manager, I don't think he's right for us any more.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
I want to give him as much time as possible as he was a good player and a determined manager but his position after Sunday's debacle is untenable really.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Not going to be smug and say told you so but from Day 1 I've said the Fletcher is not a manager as long as I have a hole in my bottom.

Brent needs to take action immediately because every game that goes by under Fletcher is a further step towards RELEGATION

So fcukin glad I didn't renew my season ticket as TBH I would rather save the travelling costs to go every week and just burn the tickets at the moment.

Its a disgrace the way the club is being run on and off the field. We are a complete joke and even Brent has got to wake up to that soon

Hotels, Cinemas, shops, new grandstand - you can stick all that I rather have a team in the football league thanks playing some half decent football that 5,000 fans enjoy to watch

Another nail in the PAFC coffin

Aug 10, 2006
why keep having these polls most of us know the bloke is useless and has to go now he has had more than enough time. ffs brent even a bloke like you must be able to see it.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I really don't understand how a man as succesful in business as James Brent can say look I don't know anything about football and I'm nowhere near appointing someone who does to position of authority at the club.

It's mental!

Anyway just for starters how about listening to your customers while you still have a few.

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Ed":2yba3w3m said:
I've finally run out of faith tonight, I no longer believe Fletcher is successfully taking us forward, even results as appalling as Sunday's can be excused if there overall there is a positive trend but, despite the positive signs we saw against Barnet and Rochdale, we seem to take as many steps back as we do forward, the overall improvement we need to see is not happening and so Fletcher has to go. There is absolutely no need for any name calling, I firmly believe Fletcher has done his absolute best for Argyle and his loyalty and efforts through our club's darkest days mean I will always think very highly of him as a man but, as our manager, I don't think he's right for us any more.
:iagree: Well said Ed.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
green eyed monster":2u891zov said:
Folks, why are we resorting to pathetic name calling?

Fletcher is a nice guy with a lovely wife and kids....

He is not cut out for the managers role here, he needs to go. But please, show a little respect to him as a human being and a former player

This.

Half of you act/post like he is sabotaging this club and deliberately trying to get us relegated!

He is trying his b*llocks off I am sure, but it just isn't happening for him here. Change needed I'm afraid.

Apr 15, 2008
London
I don't believe in personal insults just because we lost a game
I don't believe losing football matches is cause for sulking and behaving
I don't even believe in booing the team or manager

I do think it's time for a change, though... so tomorrow, Fletch, thanks for your efforts, but it just isn't working out.

Aug 10, 2006
damon.green":3fp7g6yp said:
Ed":3fp7g6yp said:
:iagree: Well said Ed.
i never thought he was right for us in the begining but its all about opinion i suppose. funny how it takes some fans longer than others to realise though.

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
green eyed monster":1eay4m2w said:
Folks, why are we resorting to pathetic name calling?

Fletcher is a nice guy with a lovely wife and kids....

He is not cut out for the managers role here, he needs to go. But please, show a little respect to him as a human being and a former player

:clap:

It's nothing short of a disgrace some of the personal comments on here, nearly as bad as the Kean situation at Blackburn last season. I agree that the football side of things suck and something needs to be done, but calling someone who is trying their best names is not on.