Manager Poll | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Manager Poll

The future of the manager

• Should be relieved of his duties with immediate effect

Votes: 170 56.9%
  • Wait and see what happens v Gillingham on Saturday

Votes: 49 16.4%
  • See how situation lies at Christmas

Votes: 62 20.7%
  • Give until the end of season at least

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters
B

bandwagon

Argyle-sy":2x7d90sz said:
bandwagon":2x7d90sz said:
I'm a thumbs down for Fletch but I honestly think Brent will keep him on - as he always said, he was a 'reluctant buyer' so why worry about the football, he's off the hook!! Time will tell as always - let me know when it's over, I was so looking forward to getting behind the club this season!!

Surely though, as a successful businessman James Brent should be looking at last nights crowd, at the performances on pitch, and the amount of disatisfaction amongst the fanbase and realise that this cannot continue, if it wasn't for Gills being expected to bring a large travelling support on Saturday then we could easily of been looking at a sub 5,000 crowd.Surely, as a succesful businessman he can't just expect to allow things to continue and alienate a last percentage of the fanbase without repercusions(dwindling fan base not prepared to accept the mediocrity currently on offer at home park). The other way I look at it, what is the point of having a bright, shiny new grandstand if it only going to be 20% full ?. Whilst I agree that we need a new grandstand, training facilities etc we can't take our eye off of the lifeblood of the club which is the team. Without there being a better standard of product on the pitch the crowds are going to fall and the nice, new, shiny grandstand will just be a white elephant.

Many of the things you say are/were my thoughts, thinking he's bound to take action - that seems rational but I'm not so sure 'Argyle' is his really cup of tea!! The carpark deals etc are rare business opportunities for him, just so happens there's an ailing football club attached - ours!!

Jul 29, 2010
Clem":20cna2ie said:
I dont see the point in sacking Fletch. Im sure he is working his socks off for the club but without success. It would also cost money I think the best way to go would be to appoint an experienced manager , there are always plenty available who would take the job, and demote Fletch to coach until the end of the season. Fletch has previouly ask for help and Im sure he would be relieved to have the pressure taken off him, his future could be decided then as well as the other coaches. Keeping things as they are is not an option in my view , good luck to him whatever happens.

Sod cost as an arguement, what will relegation cost?, what will the drip drip drift of bums on seats cost?

If his ego could take it bring in a manager but don't pay him off, PLAY Fletch as the quality central midfielder we desperately need.

L

Lord Tisdale

Ave_IT":2v2rt10d said:
if Fletch does get the push there’s a certain cravat-wearing manager who might welcome the chance to do something with a bigger club

Cheers for that, that's two nights running you GAWS have given me cause to smile.

Mar 23, 2008
Lord Tisdale":dtk1m7bz said:
Ave_IT":dtk1m7bz said:
if Fletch does get the push there’s a certain cravat-wearing manager who might welcome the chance to do something with a bigger club

Cheers for that, that's two nights running you GAWS have given me cause to smile.
Good film didn't like the sequel.

B

blackbeard

I believe that we need to bring in an experienced coach and move CF to an assistant coach until then end of the season.

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
if carl fletcher was sacked do you really think he would want to stay as manager, be real about all this and just support the team please

N

NorfolkGreen

pafcjbell":1ibt2oll said:
if carl fletcher was sacked do you really think he would want to stay as manager, be real about all this and just support the team please

:crazy:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
blackbeard":1rvte5q6 said:
I believe that we need to bring in an experienced coach and move CF to an assistant coach until the end of the season.

I believe that we need to bring in an experienced coach and move CF on to a coach leaving Devon until the end of the season.