Makes me appreciate him even more... | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Makes me appreciate him even more...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I was actually quite a defender of Adams for much of his time at the club & I appreciate he did well for us over 3 years at the club, but he was dismissed because he got us relegated, playing turgid football last season with a team containing the likes of Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo, Fox etc.

Now we have an exciting, new manager in Ryan Lowe, Hallett’s first choice, and I’m excited about the future under him.

May 1, 2011
edmonds200":xp3buk74 said:
FACT - we were told the football would be a brand of high tempo passing and pressing with plenty of excitement. Yesterday we troubled the keeper once (apart from the goals) against a team 3rd bottom.
FACT - Derek Adams has a higher win percentage in League 2 than any other manager in English football including the messiah
FACT - The messiah also relegated his team from League 1
FACT - We were told Danny Mayor was a better player than GC10. The reality is GC10 scored 31 goals in 2 League 2 seasons as well as so many other assists with whip on that Mayor can only dream off.
FACT - I have never asked for RL to be sacked - I said we should honour the 3 years he has been given just like we should have honoured DAs 5.
FACT - After we lost 1-0 at Carlisle in our promotion season Gary Miller and DA were subjected to horrendous abuse after 2 games of the season. Yesterday we drew 2-2 with Oldham and RL was cheered off like we had won the League.
FACT - because DA was not a salesman he was never going to be popular but he would never ever let us be 6 points behind City at any stage in a season. The point being if we had got behind DA like we get behind RL we would never have got relegated but hey ho lets pretend we are playing like Liverpool and that we are going to romp the league

Fact if we had got behind Derek Adams we would never have got relegated?
Yes it was our fault we were bottom on Boxing day 2 years running.
Seriously your a fact is your posts are beyond farcical. What Exeter City have got to do with this is anyone's guess.

We were relegated last year, after 4 years we were no better off. That's the only FACT that matters you odd creature.

May 8, 2011
edmonds200":39gukufq said:
FACT - we were told the football would be a brand of high tempo passing and pressing with plenty of excitement. Yesterday we troubled the keeper once (apart from the goals) against a team 3rd bottom.
FACT - Derek Adams has a higher win percentage in League 2 than any other manager in English football including the messiah
FACT - We were told Danny Mayor was a better player than GC10. The reality is GC10 scored 31 goals in 2 League 2 seasons as well as so many other assists with whip on that Mayor can only dream off.
FACT - I have never asked for RL to be sacked - I said we should honour the 3 years he has been given just like we should have honoured DAs 5.
FACT - After we lost 1-0 at Carlisle in our promotion season Gary Miller and DA were subjected to horrendous abuse after 2 games of the season. Yesterday we drew 2-2 with Oldham and RL was cheered off like we had won the League.
FACT - because DA was not a salesman he was never going to be popular but he would never ever let us be 6 points behind City at any stage in a season. The point being if we had got behind DA like we get behind RL we would never have got relegated but hey ho lets pretend we are playing like Liverpool and that we are going to romp the league

Unfortunately the main fact currently would be that anything good that happens is down to Lowe and anything bad is due to Adam’s legacy.
An example being after the first few games Canavan, Wootton, Riley and Sawyer were being praised as they had improved on last year due to Lowe’s coaching, now the results aren’t so good, they are referred to in a derogatory way as Adam’s signings.
Just a slight technical point, Sawyer was offered a new contract for this season by someone at Argyle, that someone wasn’t Adams.

Mar 14, 2009
edmonds200":xx3ollj0 said:

You have seriously lost the PLOT. For your own health I'd stop posting because it makes you look silly.

For example the FACT you said Adams would never let us be 6 points behind City at any stage of the season. You have a crystal ball do you. If Adams was so good that he would never let us fall 6 points behind City why couldn't he stop teams on a worse budget in league 1 in Wycombe and Accrington finishing above us last season.

Oh and if he was so good against Exeter why was it we lost to them at SJP the year we got promoted. I mean if he never let us fall 6 points behind, then surely he would never let us lose to them. Yet he did. How is that possible lol give the crap you just said?

You are talking about a manager who has had 7 league games. Lets say it again for your understanding. 7 league games. And yet you think you can just make a side who got relegated by Adams (and having to keep some of the defenders that Adams signed and conceded 80 plus goals) and turn them into a side that plays fluent football overnight. With no issues whatsoever. Your absolutely barking mad. Sorry. I never cross the line with people. This site is about football but some of the rubbish you just spouted off is just insane.

Mar 14, 2009
HC Green":1riogclr said:
edmonds200":1riogclr said:

Unfortunately the main fact currently would be that anything good that happens is down to Lowe and anything bad is due to Adam’s legacy.
An example being after the first few games Canavan, Wootton, Riley and Sawyer were being praised as they had improved on last year due to Lowe’s coaching, now the results aren’t so good, they are referred to in a derogatory way as Adam’s signings.
Just a slight technical point, Sawyer was offered a new contract for this season by someone at Argyle, that someone wasn’t Adams.

The contract was on the table well before Lowe become manager.

They have improved. They at least try to tackle. Try to make a pass. Try to defend. Something Adams couldn't get them to do last season. The point you crucially miss though is they are trying to play football from the back but don't have the quickness of thought needed or the ability to be comfortable on the ball. It doesn't matter who is coach. You cant change attributes like this. Like the fact they all have no pace. You cant change that either. So Lowe is making the best use of what he has because he couldn't get rid of everyone in a short space of time. Who knows one of them, my hunch is Canavan, might survive the cull because I do believe he can play as a left sided CB and is more comfortable than Wootton and Sawyer on the ball.

Whether Lowe fails or not the fact is the majority are getting behind him because he has had only 7 league games under his reign as Argyle manager. Your obsession with Adams is strange. The bloke FAILED. We are in league two. You have no argument. I don't think there isn't many genuine Argyle fans not appreciative of Adams time here. However, his limited playing style and tactics wore most of us down to really not enjoying going to Argyle any more.

At present, there are many issues under Lowe. Yet it early days and to start criticising him and not even give him 12 months is just very confusing. I hope you find enjoyment again with Argyle. However, it worries me the enjoyment you found with Adams. What could that actually be? So maybe its not football enjoyment because what we watched with Adams at times wasn't football. It was torture that had glimpse of pleasure provided by Lamieras and Carey that allowed us to forget how dull the football basically was for the majority of time.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":16y5ha8x said:
edmonds200":16y5ha8x said:

Fact if we had got behind Derek Adams we would never have got relegated?
Yes it was our fault we were bottom on Boxing day 2 years running.
Seriously your a fact is your posts are beyond farcical. What Exeter City have got to do with this is anyone's guess.

We were relegated last year, after 4 years we were no better off. That's the only FACT that matters you odd creature.

Well apparently Adams would have controlled Exeters results as well. :funny:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I’ve read a few posts on this thread but not all so I apologise if this has been said already.

Derek Adams is a quality manager, some of the football that we played was amazing when he was the boss, unfortunately there was also a lot of solid, defensive stuff. He set us up not to lose. His biggest problem was that he was not a great communicator. He didn’t clock with the fans and he made no effort to. :scarf:

Ryan Lowe is a quality manger also. He is a very good talker and I love hearing what he has to say. I’m 100% behind him and this season so far has been great taking my boy. I saw the threads about rubbish atmosphere and I thought I must have been at different games to everyone else. We’ve both loved it. We look dangerous going forward and I thought that the fans have been excellent. That said, we are completely transparent. Our left side is really strong going forward, but that’s about it. Other than that we look exactly like DA’s team. We’ll conceded as the defence is missing a Sonny Bradley.

Hopefully our chairman will continue to support Ryan and get a top defender in to sort out the sloppiness at the back. :scarf:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
edmonds200":2gpuq6yr said:
Correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t you quite critical of Adams early on in his tenure or at some point? Again correct me if wrong.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
edmonds200":ll6tmddw said:
FACT - we were told the football would be a brand of high tempo passing and pressing with plenty of excitement. Yesterday we troubled the keeper once (apart from the goals)

"Apart from the goals" :lol:

Apart from the goals, Alan Shearer was a shocking finisher.
Apart from the saves Shilton was a poor goalkeeper
Apart from the fans who turn up, our attendance record is abysmal...

We scored 2 goals, some days that's enough to win, others it's not enough, Saturday it wasn't enough but that's football.

You can't deny Lowe is trying to implement what was promised, you simply can't because it's clear for all to see what his aims are. They are very much work in progress though, neither a success nor failure which is what makes this thread and comparison all the more ludicrous.

For all the bluster you and HC Green are whipping up, I don't think any sensible or reasoned Argyle fan had written off Derek after 7 games of his tenure or were daft enough to compare what he'd achieved in those 7 games with the 2 and a half seasons John Sheridan spent here. It's sh*t stirring for the sake of sh*t stirring...

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
This bromance has got to stop, it is unhealthy in the extreme in that it is distorting your perspective on what really occurred over the previous four seasons.

bromance
noun [ C ] informal uk ​ /ˈbrəʊ.mæns/ us ​ /broʊˈmæns/

a close, friendly, but not sexual relationship between two men :

Dec 3, 2005
Well to put it in simple terms - IF Adams was still here I would not have bought a Season Ticket.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Me too. I bought my season ticket purely on the strength of the appeal of Ryan Lowe as a progressive, forward thinking manager. Anybody making judgement of him after just seven games, is behaving like an idiot. Every single person who booed at the final whistle on Saturday should on reflection by thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Booing is a last resort when a team has palbably stopped trying and is going through the motions. There were perhaps occasions last season when the team deserved to be booed. I wouldn’t boo this side even if we lost the next two away games and then failed to win the next home game. It’s not helpful and instead of making HP a fortress, will simply make players more nervous to try anything out of the ordinary. Hence players like Wootton, Canavan etc will find it even more difficult to play out from the back as required by the manager. Support your team guys. We have one of the best young managers in the division. It’s not called happy clapping, it’s called creating a positive environment for the players to flourish in.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Devongreenowl":3o1jw6la said:
Me too. I bought my season ticket purely on the strength of the appeal of Ryan Lowe as a progressive, forward thinking manager. Anybody making judgement of him after just seven games, is behaving like an idiot. Every single person who booed at the final whistle on Saturday should on reflection by thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Booing is a last resort when a team has palbably stopped trying and is going through the motions. There were perhaps occasions last season when the team deserved to be booed. I wouldn’t boo this side even if we lost the next two away games and then failed to win the next home game. It’s not helpful and instead of making HP a fortress, will simply make players more nervous to try anything out of the ordinary. Hence players like Wootton, Canavan etc will find it even more difficult to play out from the back as required by the manager. Support your team guys. We have one of the best young managers in the division. It’s not called happy clapping, it’s called creating a positive environment for the players to flourish in.

So nobody can boo the messiah but it was OK to personally abuse the previous incumbent and boo the team relentlessly after we have lost the second game of the season at Carlisle?
I will leave it there but results speak for themselves and in league 2 DA is and was unparalleled in a results driven business.
You have all missed the point! I have said numerous times we should back this or any other manager and certainly not sack them so soon into a new contract that has been earned by results. On Saturday there was a lot of discontent around me about how we were playing which I could not believe. Another 10 games like this and the knives will be out because I know how this fan base behaves. SEB and Conor Hourihane came in for some wild abuse here which just proves my point. We need to be careful what we wish for as in any business it is very dangerous to keep changing the guard over such a short period.

DA earned a 5 year deal last summer because he was being headhunted and Mr Brent and Mr Hallett were 100% sure he was the man. Now Mr Hallett is 100% sure this guy is the right man so lets stick with him. That was my point not a personal crusade to resurrect DA!!!!

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Steve.PAFC2012":1ur7zxjt said:
edmonds200":1ur7zxjt said:
Correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t you quite critical of Adams early on in his tenure or at some point? Again correct me if wrong.
You are wrong