Makes me appreciate him even more... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Makes me appreciate him even more...

Mar 23, 2019
He took over when we were in league two and when we left us we were back in league two.

Ryan Lowe will be twice the manager for us than DA was. Stop being so reactionary and learn a little more about football.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
edmonds200":1ju6rrs5 said:
Devongreenowl":1ju6rrs5 said:
Maybe itā€™s because Ryan Lowe has only been in the job three months, whereas Adams had five years to take them back to exactly where he started. Progress?

Still you keep enjoying the passing between Caravan, Wooton and Sawyer or Grant and lets catch up in 3 months when everyone will be howling for a new manager. And don't think that when we sack Ryan Lowe him and and his team od merry men wont rinse our club for all the compo they can get. Brace yourselves..

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Wonder what your posts were like when Argyle really were dire last year? Who are the journeymen you are talking about by the way?

If Lowe proves to be a flop this season (unlikely) I will certainly hold my hands up and say so. However, all of you neg heads will be noticeable by your absence if he does well, or even worse, you will post how brilliantly he has done, whilst hoping none of us remember your early season, ridiculous negativity.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
edmonds200":1r12tpdw said:
edmonds200":1r12tpdw said:
Devongreenowl":1r12tpdw said:
Maybe itā€™s because Ryan Lowe has only been in the job three months, whereas Adams had five years to take them back to exactly where he started. Progress?

Still you keep enjoying the passing between Caravan, Wooton and Sawyer or Grant and lets catch up in 3 months when everyone will be howling for a new manager. And don't think that when we sack Ryan Lowe him and and his team od merry men wont rinse our club for all the compo they can get. Brace yourselves..

Best pop down and watch Ivybridge then hadnā€™t you.

May 8, 2011
Devongreenowl":imwcat0f said:
edmonds200":imwcat0f said:
edmonds200":imwcat0f said:
Devongreenowl":imwcat0f said:

Best pop down and watch Ivybridge then hadnā€™t you.

Truro is a better watch, apparently they have a great defensive coach as well.

Jun 2, 2016
edmonds200":1ei8vgdh said:
HC Green":1ei8vgdh said:
edmonds200":1ei8vgdh said:
Despite having Donaldson, Slew, Miller, Bulvitis, Sawyer, Spencer due to budgetary constraints Derek Adams still managed to finish joint top of League 2 with portsmouth with 86 points! A manager that knew that you needed to be able to defend and attack set plays and play second ball Football to do something in this League. After both seasons in League 2 after 7 games we were top with 15 points even though the second season could have taken a while to get going due to wembley disappointment and the construction of a whole new team!

As time goes on we will look back and maybe realise we should have treated the old manager with a little more respect.

He is nowhere near as good a salesman as this current manager but when we are still trying to play out from the back on mud baths in January lets hope our fanbase shows a little more loyalty although judging by yesterdays comments around me patience is already wearing thin...

Certainly the Argyle Community Trust appreciated him and will be missing the tens of thousands of pounds he donated to it over his period at Argyle.
It would be nice if Lowe continued on with Adamā€™s generosity.

The old Manager agreed to waive any compo when he left (he could have held out for some) and gave to more than the trust - he donated to many charites and if he hadn't made the 2 main mistakes (letting Luke go and not selling troublemaker Ladapo in Jan) we would be a top half league 1 team now with some great fixtures coming up. Still he will never be appreciated but ryan Lowe who has us playing turgid mid table League 2 football with overpaid Journeymen is still applauded off. Derek was booed when we drew 0-0 with a championship side in Feb and abused yet Lowe is applauded after a lucky 2-2 with Oldham!! Figure that one out
You're saying Adams didn't take his payoff?
Not what Hallett said.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Devongreenowl":2sbm23tl said:
Wonder what your posts were like when Argyle really were dire last year? Who are the journeymen you are talking about by the way?

If Lowe proves to be a flop this season (unlikely) I will certainly hold my hands up and say so. However, all of you neg heads will be noticeable by your absence if he does well, or even worse, you will post how brilliantly he has done, whilst hoping none of us remember your early season, ridiculous negativity.

Since Christmas I thoroughly enjoyed the wins against Coventry, Shrewsbury, Rochdale (5-1) and the draws against Pompey and Luton a lot more than I have enjoyed any of the home games so far this season

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
The OP needs to move on. Adams has gone, we have a new manager. Get behind him.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
edmonds200":ywdkzrz1 said:
Despite having Donaldson, Slew, Miller, Bulvitis, Sawyer, Spencer due to budgetary constraints
He signed them. I wouldn't say he had any more budgetary constraints than any other manager. They all want more regardless of what they have.

Derek Adams still managed to finish joint top of League 2 with portsmouth with 86 points!

We were top heading into the last day of the season and a win would have seen us Champions. Portsmouth and ourselves finishing first and second respectively had as much to do with Doncaster coming third in a one horse race. We would have finished Champions had even got a single point in any of our Tuesday night fixtures at home. We lost to Leyton Orient at home despite taking the lead twice and they finished 92nd out of 92.

A manager that knew that you needed to be able to defend and attack set plays and play second ball Football to do something in this League. After both seasons in League 2 after 7 games we were top with 15 points even though the second season could have taken a while to get going due to wembley disappointment and the construction of a whole new team!

Our first season we weren't top, we were second after 7 games. I don't buy this Wembley disappointment argument either for many reasons.
1)We bottled automatic promotion that season. Middle of January we were top. 11 points clear of the playoffs. We finished 5th.
2)We bottled it on the day. Wimbledon didn't out play us, we gifted it to them.

The poor start the season after was down to wholesale changes in the playing team - something he repeated each summer afterwards. 3 terrible starts to seasons in a row is inexcusable.

As time goes on we will look back and maybe realise we should have treated the old manager with a little more respect.

We did. We treated him with more respect than he treated us. His third season many, many clubs would have done away with him but we didn't nor did we call for his head. We stuck by him and we got through it. But you can't keep repeating the same mistakes and expect to get away with it in whatever line of work you happen to be in.

He is nowhere near as good a salesman as this current manager but when we are still trying to play out from the back on mud baths in January lets hope our fanbase shows a little more loyalty although judging by yesterdays comments around me patience is already wearing thin...

Derek Adams was a very good salesman in promoting Derek Adams. His CV will show what he has achieved in his career and that doesn't come without a certain degree of aptitude. Derek Adams could be a very good manager but the problem Derek Adams has is he is Derek Adams. As much good as he did there are just as many if not more flaws to him.

If he's half as good as his remaining supporters think he is then we wouldn't have been relegated last season. For all the good he achieved here, it was all out done from mid March onwards last season.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Ross":2mmnfykj said:
edmonds200":2mmnfykj said:
Despite having Donaldson, Slew, Miller, Bulvitis, Sawyer, Spencer due to budgetary constraints
He signed them. I wouldn't say he had any more budgetary constraints than any other manager. They all want more regardless of what they have.

Derek Adams still managed to finish joint top of League 2 with portsmouth with 86 points!

We were top heading into the last day of the season and a win would have seen us Champions. Portsmouth and ourselves finishing first and second respectively had as much to do with Doncaster coming third in a one horse race. We would have finished Champions had even got a single point in any of our Tuesday night fixtures at home. We lost to Leyton Orient at home despite taking the lead twice and they finished 92nd out of 92.

A manager that knew that you needed to be able to defend and attack set plays and play second ball Football to do something in this League. After both seasons in League 2 after 7 games we were top with 15 points even though the second season could have taken a while to get going due to wembley disappointment and the construction of a whole new team!

Our first season we weren't top, we were second after 7 games. I don't buy this Wembley disappointment argument either for many reasons.
1)We bottled automatic promotion that season. Middle of January we were top. 11 points clear of the playoffs. We finished 5th.

The poor start the season after was down to wholesale changes in the playing team - something he repeated each summer afterwards. 3 terrible starts to seasons in a row is inexcusable.

We did. We treated him with more respect than he treated us. His third season many, many clubs would have done away with him but we didn't nor did we call for his head. We stuck by him and we got through it. But you can't keep repeating the same mistakes and expect to get away with it in whatever line of work you happen to be in.

Derek Adams was a very good salesman in promoting Derek Adams. His CV will show what he has achieved in his career and that doesn't come without a certain degree of aptitude. Derek Adams could be a very good manager but the problem Derek Adams has is he is Derek Adams. As much good as he did there are just as many if not more flaws to him.

If he's half as good as his remaining supporters think he is then we wouldn't have been relegated last season. For all the good he achieved here, it was all out done from mid March onwards last season.

Still no one else I would rather have to get us out of this terrible division which has n Portsmouth, Luton or Doncaster like last time

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ross":mz3mrgqw said:
edmonds200":mz3mrgqw said:

:clap:

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
edmonds200":1d5ddr9f said:
Ross":1d5ddr9f said:

Still no one else I would rather have to get us out of this terrible division which has n Portsmouth, Luton or Doncaster like last time

So at the least then Lowe gets 2 seasons. That seems only fair as that's how long it took DA to drag us out.

Adams took over a side that finished in the playoffs the season before. Half of the side at Wembley were Sheridan signings.

What has Lowe taken over? A relegated side that has just sold the leading scorer and 2 fantastic midfielders.

For every strong argument in favour of Adams there is at least one against him. To be 50/50 at best doesn't strike me as a strong leader.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
When Adams arrived it was refreshing to see flowing and attacking football after the defensive fare served up by Sheridan. Unfortunately the defensive display that was lauded as such a success against Liverpool seemed to set his mind into playing all matches in the same way. That was the turning point for me.